CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rt3891
Order 66
SheckWes
Captain9Dragons
crowcutta
Gilmore214
kacrosinsc
dreammachine
Cockhornleghorn
GregoryHouse
Muschamp wants fans (2083)
ESPN Hater's Guide t (1036)
Defense vs Clemson (792)
Shi Smith's TD vs Ch (497)
Coincidences That Le (292)
Tell us a sentence y (289)
Gamecock weekly pres (215)
NCAAF: NOTRE DAME @ (100)
Christmas gifts (99)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (80)
Defense vs Clemson
Thanksgiving Dinner - Wha
2019 WBB - Breanna Beal -
Muschamp wants fans to be
Out of the top 10
Week 12: Around College F
The 2018 Gamecocks are av
Predictions: South Caroli
Gamecock Media: Gamecock
2019 WBB - Zia Cooke - Po

Old 03-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #81
BigSpenda864
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb
Default Re: Tickets To Gville NCAAs

If you all want to try and get tickets, you should just come up and look for some outside the arena. Many of us in Gville bought tickets to every session when they went on sale, way before the teams were announced. There are plenty of non-USC fans that will sell their tickets to our game that night. I've heard several people saying they don't care to be there for the late game. Unless they are a USC or Marquette fan, most don't find our game all that interesting.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:05 PM   #82
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Sold out, but there are still tickets out there. This is what Frank meant about our fans not knowing how to get tickets. I've posted links.
What links? The stubhub link? Our fans know about that, which is why they are going for so much $$$. You think dookies are paying up to see a 2 vs 15 when they've gone to the tournament like every year since the 90's?

The UNC fans probably bought most of the tickets because they knew where they would be going (or at least as close as you can get to knowing) for a long time now. Kind of annoyed me when Frank said that. They know "the deal", because they know their team performs like it should and was almost assured to finish in the top 4 and get placed at the closest to home location. Kind of like bama (or Auburn with Cam) buying all the SEC championship tickets when they are up two games with two to play and the eastern opponent ends up backing in. Not rocket science.

Last edited by LegalCock; 03-15-2017 at 03:37 PM..
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #83
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Guess it depends if they allow re-entry
They won't.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #84
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 409892
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I'm going to show up solo on Sunday with 100 bucks in my pocket and hope someone has an extra. I know it's unlikely but gameday plans change at the last second all the time and someone is stuck with an extra ticket and needs to unload it. If I can't get in, Greenville is a hell of a town to get arrested for public urination in. I'll have fun somewhere else.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #85
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
What links? The stubhub link? Our fans know about that, which is why they are going for so much $$$. You think dookies are paying up to see a 2 vs 15 when they've gone to the tournament like every year since the 90's?

The UNC fans probably bought most of the tickets because they knew where they would be going (or at least as close as you can get to knowing) for a long time now. Kind of annoyed me when Frank said that. They know "the deal", because they know their team performs like it should and was almost assured to finish in the top 4 and get placed at the closest to home location. Kind of like bama (or Auburn with Cam) buying all the SEC championship tickets when they are up two games with two to play and the eastern opponent ends up backing in. Not rocket science.

Then why are our fans wringing their hands because it's "sold out"?
Old 03-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #86
TheUSCMike
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 75987576
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Then why are our fans wringing their hands because it's "sold out"?
We have fans that wring their hands?
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #87
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUSCMike View Post
We have fans that wring their hands?
The more surprising question would be; "do we have fans that DON'T wring their hands"?
Old 03-16-2017, 08:59 AM   #88
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

I think G'ville will be hosting a lot more NCAA Tourney games in the near future, hopefully some regionals. There will always be teams in this region making the Tourney. IMO, either Charlotte, Greenville, and/or Atlanta should always host games.

Atlanta will host the 2020 Final Four. They will host regionals next year.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #89
wallabyusc
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
wallabyusc is developing his combwallabyusc is developing his combwallabyusc is developing his combwallabyusc is developing his combwallabyusc is developing his combwallabyusc is developing his combwallabyusc is developing his combwallabyusc is developing his combwallabyusc is developing his comb

The Box Office at Bon Secours Arena still had some session 1 tickets available this morning. I asked if any session 2 tickets would be released and they said it's possible. I'd keep an eye on their facebook page, which is where they announced extra session 1 tickets yesterday.
wallabyusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #90
Spartan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Spartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
I think G'ville will be hosting a lot more NCAA Tourney games in the near future, hopefully some regionals. There will always be teams in this region making the Tourney. IMO, either Charlotte, Greenville, and/or Atlanta should always host games.

Hopefully Columbia can be on that list. The built the CLA to be the right size for NCAA regionals...

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #91
Spartan
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Spartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPitSpartan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post

I don't think this is accurate. Nobody knows for sure where they will play until selection Sunday. So do NoCar and Duke fans just buy tickets to every NCAA regional on the off chance that they'll get to go?

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #92
HHess
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 7382743
HHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864 View Post
If you all want to try and get tickets, you should just come up and look for some outside the arena. Many of us in Gville bought tickets to every session when they went on sale, way before the teams were announced. There are plenty of non-USC fans that will sell their tickets to our game that night. I've heard several people saying they don't care to be there for the late game. Unless they are a USC or Marquette fan, most don't find our game all that interesting.
With a username like that, I'm scared to ask how much!
Old 03-16-2017, 03:38 PM   #93
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I don't think this is accurate. Nobody knows for sure where they will play until selection Sunday. So do NoCar and Duke fans just buy tickets to every NCAA regional on the off chance that they'll get to go?
They had the highest probability of going to Greenville for weeks based on the likely top 4 seeds and the performance of their team. I also am basing that on the four tarheels I spoke to when looking to buy tickets.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #94
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Hopefully Columbia can be on that list. The built the CLA to be the right size for NCAA regionals...
As I understand it, a team in the tourney can't play on their home court in the NCAA Tourney. So...it would be best for the Gamecocks to see Greenville as the host city.

You are right about the CLA and Columbia would make a good host city, but I don't think we would be able to play on our home court.

Not for the first two rounds, anyway.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #95
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2800
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb

Quote:
As I understand it, a team in the tourney can't play on their home court in the NCAA Tourney. So...it would be best for the Gamecocks to see Greenville as the host city.

You are right about the CLA and Columbia would make a good host city, but I don't think we would be able to play on our home court.

Not for the first two rounds, anyway.
You are correct. A tournament team can't play on their home court. For example NC State couldn't have played in Raleigh last year when they hosted first round
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:18 AM   #96
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpenda864 View Post
Yeah but as I understand it, you either have a ticket for the afternoon or the evening. Either of those two times comes with two games, it's not 4 ticketed games per day.

So the UNC afternoon fans won't be buying the evening tickets because they don't need to! Meaning the evening tickets will all be consumed by Duke or USC fans. But since they don't allow re-entry, you can't count on Duke fans leaving after game 1 in the evening and selling you their ticket to our game (game 2 of evening).

This is my understanding, but someone please enlighten me if I am wrong. Thanks, was planning on driving to scalp but after learning all this I didn't think it was likely to find Duke fans willing to sell before their game or USC fans either!
Old 03-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #97
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

What was the ticket situation like outside the arena before the game?

Here's a link to Sunday tickets. They are expensive.

https://www.vividseats.com/ncaab/nca...9-2172594.html
Old 03-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #98
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

I only saw like four scalpers and they were all looking to buy. But I didn't walk around long or anything. I didn't see any civilians holding up tickets.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:55 PM   #99
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:

It isn't a big enough arena to host a regional, but the CLA is.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #100
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
What was the ticket situation like outside the arena before the game?

Here's a link to Sunday tickets. They are expensive.

https://www.vividseats.com/ncaab/nca...9-2172594.html
I didn't see people outside selling tickets. Because scalping is illegal in SC, StubHub, Ticketmaster and PrimeSport are your best options. Yes, tickets are expensive, but how often have we been able to do this?