CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
DrDarkMatter
Three and Out
LegalCock
GAMEKEM
AmonRa777
FurmanCock
sosfan812
Cockhornleghorn
rt3891
*** #25 USC WBB (5-4 (773)
Zia Cooke 43 points, (364)
Starting Lineup Pred (284)
*** #25 USC WBB (5-4) @ P
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
What's for dinner tonight
2019 - Matthew Bedford -
The Betting Window is OPE
2020 men's basketball rec
Belk Bowl
Deebo
vBookie Request: Post Req

Old 05-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #21
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 6465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Road Trip Experiences

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. The football is secondary for me on a road trip.

LSU and UK were my favorite trips because we did New Orleans for LSU and the horse races for UK.

LSU fans are my favorite. UGA fans are my least favorite. I've been to every USC/UGA game since the last year we didn't play them. (1989?) Athens was great when I was in my early 20's. Now I just go to Normal Town and avoid that whole downtown scene. It's too much.

Nashville is obviously a lot of fun. And we usually win.

The rest of the trips were all about the same. Lots of fun if you go with friends, and even better if we win.

I think Ole Miss is totally overrated. Fans are pricks and the Grove is no better than any other place I've been.

Interestingly, I try to avoid USC fans on the road. I don't go to the GCC events etc. I like to meet people from other "cultures". Just like I didn't go to Spain and eat at McDonald's. I don't want to hang out with Lance and Sheryl from Loris when I'm in Baton Rouge.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:19 PM   #22
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 9650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

We went to Knoxville for the game last year and had a fantastic time, although we damn near blew the game. The fans were great although they were very humble last year for obvious reasons. Great turnout for Gamecock fans in the stadium.

They love that stadium in Knoxville but I cannot understand why. It seems to be in bad repair, rusting steel girders and crappy seats. I guess the seats are nicer where the big boosters sit. I imagine it could be a fearsome place to visit for a night game when the Vols have a good team but it was pretty tame for the game last year, plus it was hot.

The campus is nice and there are awesome bars and restaurants close to the stadium, the Vol Navy is very unique and it was an easy drive to Knoxville.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:08 PM   #23
Rooster McGee
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talonsRooster McGee has developed his gaff and talons

I've been to all except Mizzou and I can say by far the worst town / experience was A&M. the town is the worst and the fans are 100% fake. Oh yeah, you cant watch the game because the Milkman cheerleaders are like a train wreck that you cant turn away from.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #24
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster McGee View Post
I've been to all except Mizzou and I can say by far the worst town / experience was A&M. the town is the worst and the fans are 100% fake. Oh yeah, you cant watch the game because the Milkman cheerleaders are like a train wreck that you cant turn away from.
I've heard Texas A&M and College Station feels like a cult.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #25
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
I've heard Texas A&M and College Station feels like a cult.
Itís awful
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote