CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Lalli25
CockyLifer
M.C.
ACPhilson
GregoryHouse
Pty23
Luke Skycocker
kingofnerf
2017 NCAA Women's To (2828)
Martin has matured, (1932)
Hype: Football titl (1823)
Darius Rucker will c (1092)
Y'all have got this! (928)
How would you feel a (816)
Frank Martin: " (511)
Celebrating the Fina (393)
ESPN the Magazine (381)
Hungover? (289)
Who would your rather pla
In case you get bored
Frank Martin: "All-t
2017 NCAA Women's Tournam
Does the basketball run..
Both MBB and WBB teams to
Final Four Rollcall
Martin has matured, time
We good
$400,000 incentive to Fra

Old 03-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #421
carolinamyke
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot materialcarolinamyke is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2018 Recruiting Impressions

[quote=sosfan812;4941278]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
He is branching out.
The ultimate troll It is obvious to everyone by now I am sure
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #422
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

Three and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Anyone heard anything interesting about Robert Cooper lately. I saw a few months back that someone was predicting a flip from FSU to us. Anyone with pay info heard anything.
I think he's had a bunch more big time offers, so I don't know where things stand with him.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:45 AM   #423
xXSirSpurXx
Blue Chip

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

So based off of recent talk and info, these all look like potential commits or Gamecock leans:

QBs: Dakereon Joyner & Joe Milton
RBs: Master Teague, Jamal Elliot, Harold Joiner, & Caleb Johnson
WRs: Darius Rush (Committed), Josh Vann, Demarcus Gregory, Dennis Smith, Jatavious Harris, Bryce Thompson & Sam Pinckney
TEs: ?
OTs: Casey Holman or Kavesz Sherard
OGs: Jovaughn Gwyn
C: Hank Manos
DEs: Xavier Thomas, Channing Tindall, Eli Adams
DTs: Rick Sandidge, Robert Cooper, & Josh Belk (Cooper or Belk either as a flip)
LBs: JJ Peterson, Dax Holifield, Quin Williams & Zakoby McClain
CBs: Imani Partlow, Steven Gilmore, & Jaycee Horn
Ss: ?
ATHs: ?
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #424
DrDarkMatter
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
DrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his comb

Nice list. I think we could probably add K. Brown to DT and maybe move Tindall over to LB because he is listed at around 206 lbs.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #425
J-Man
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 350500
J-Man has feathers coming inJ-Man has feathers coming inJ-Man has feathers coming in

Yeah. Tindall is a LB. that's the position he will play for us. Also we are recruIring Joe Milton as an ATH
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #426
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

Three and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talonsThree and Out has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
So based off of recent talk and info, these all look like potential commits or Gamecock leans:

QBs: Dakereon Joyner & Joe Milton
RBs: Master Teague, Jamal Elliot, Harold Joiner, & Caleb Johnson
WRs: Darius Rush (Committed), Josh Vann, Demarcus Gregory, Dennis Smith, Jatavious Harris, Bryce Thompson & Sam Pinckney
TEs: ?
OTs: Casey Holman or Kavesz Sherard
OGs: Jovaughn Gwyn
C: Hank Manos
DEs: Xavier Thomas, Channing Tindall, Eli Adams
DTs: Rick Sandidge, Robert Cooper, & Josh Belk (Cooper or Belk either as a flip)
LBs: JJ Peterson, Dax Holifield, Quin Williams & Zakoby McClain
CBs: Imani Partlow, Steven Gilmore, & Jaycee Horn
Ss: ?
ATHs: ?
about 12-15 of these
Old 03-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #427
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 113677121
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
Figured I would start this as we're starting to get into key 2018 recruits deciding. 2018 is tuning up to be possibly one of the best classes ever for South Carolina.

Top Targets:
Xavier Thomas (5 star) DE
Zamir White (5 star) RB
KJ Henry (5 star) DE
Rick Sandidge (4 star) DT
Dax Hollifield (4 star) LB
Josh Belk (4 star) DT
Dakereon Joyner (4 star) ATH
Jordyn Adams (4 star) WR
Jamal Elliot (4 star) RB
Quin Williams (4 star) LB
Kavesz Sheppard (4 star) OT
Master Teague (4 star) RB

Landing even half of these guys would be a great haul for our team and I feel like we have a chance to do even better than half. Zamir and Joyner will be announcing over the summer and that can get us started on a roll.
Well this is certainly a sad post these days: Belk is already a Clemson commit, Henry, White, and Hollifield are trending Clemson, and to be honest it really wouldn't surprise me if Thomas ended up Clemson too. All added to Wynn who is pretty much a silent Tiger commit.

Gamecock football is sure depressing to me these days....

ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #428
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Well this is certainly a sad post these days: Belk is already a Clemson commit, Henry, White, and Hollifield are trending Clemson, and to be honest it really wouldn't surprise me if Thomas ended up Clemson too. All added to Wynn who is pretty much a silent Tiger commit.

Hollifield isn't trending Clemson?
Fear#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:24 PM   #429
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:

Someone is a bit behind on the times. White trending UGA. Clemson isn't a factor with Hollifield, Henry is trending Clemson, Thomas I'd be surprised if he didn't end up a Gamecock, and Wynn actually may not go Clemson since they want him to play inside and he wants to play outside. Things are not nearly as bad as you think.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #430
USCBaseball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 19096
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yeah, you are not right. I wish we were getting all these guys, but CU isn't either.
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #431
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

CB for Carolina over the last 5 days
Jatavious Harris, WR
Lamarius Benson, DT
Hank Manos, OC/OG
Kelijiha Brown, DT
Dak Joyner, QB
Old 03-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #432
6pack
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Jatavious Harris, WR
Lamarius Benson, DT
Hank Manos, OC/OG
Kelijiha Brown, DT
Dak Joyner, QB
Hell yeah

Any one of these guy's committing before next season could be a game changer for us.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:08 PM   #433
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
Hell yeah

Any one of these guy's committing before next season could be a game changer for us.
I think we'll have 2-3 commits by the end of April, 3-4 by the end of May, 5-6 by the end of June, 8-10 by September 1. I also think our overall offers this year are better than last year. Muschamp being more patient and selective. Some folks may not like him for various reasons, but his ability to evaluate talent is as good as there is in college football.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:09 PM   #434
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Jatavious Harris, WR
Lamarius Benson, DT
Hank Manos, OC/OG
Kelijiha Brown, DT
Dak Joyner, QB
Extremely high on Joyner and think he is an amazing prospect. Really like Manos as a center, love wrestlers that play football. Brown I'd be very satisfied with, needs some development but has some upside. Benson frankly I'd like to wait on taking him but I'll trust the coaches. Harris to me is a take if Dennis Smith goes to Clemson, definitely an athletic player. Close out the WR class with Harris and Vann.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #435
6pack
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think we'll have 2-3 commits by the end of April, 3-4 by the end of May, 5-6 by the end of June, 8-10 by September 1. I also think our overall offers this year are better than last year. Muschamp being more patient and selective. Some folks may not like him for various reasons, but his ability to evaluate talent is as good as there is in college football.
I think those people are still just sore because we didn't land Herman. Champ will do well for us. As you said he's able to evaluate talent and is also an excellent defensive mind. Landing someone like Joyner or Harris will only continue to improve our offense which is where much of the criticism stemmed from during his time at Florida.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #436
xXSirSpurXx
Blue Chip

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

From the current looks of it, LB haul looks good this cycle even if we miss out on Dax. Chances to get Khalid Jones, Quin Williams and Rosendo Louis are all pretty good right now. Not sure how many we sign but all 3 are ESPN 300 guys.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #437
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
From the current looks of it, LB haul looks good this cycle even if we miss out on Dax. Chances to get Khalid Jones, Quin Williams and Rosendo Louis are all pretty good right now. Not sure how many we sign but all 3 are ESPN 300 guys.
Channing Tindall is a big time prospect and he is in our back yard. We are his top choice as of now.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:37 PM   #438
bcolinc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot material

Spurs Up
bcolinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #439
CapitolCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 574
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
Spurs Up
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #440
6pack
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
Spurs Up
Hope it's Tindall or Hiles!