CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Jim Lahey
SanAntonioCock
carolina_corpsman
TaySC
kingofnerf
TKE226
GoldenSpur7
GuyInTheGreenHouse
WeCocky2001
WHAT THE FRICK (1794)
We Want Zion (1394)
National Championshi (1351)
I Hear ya. .. That t (1228)
Only Conference With (794)
Silva (699)
3 SEC East Teams in (678)
Screw the SEC, I wan (673)
Who Will The HBC Pul (644)
Former Gamecock Mike (577)
National Championship
Don't underestimate Flori
Does the basketball run..
WHAT THE FRICK
3 SEC East Teams in Elite
2017 NCAA Women's Tournam
Who Will The HBC Pull For
School records
We Want Zion
Baltimore Area Gamecocks

Old 03-16-2017, 12:17 AM   #3601
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: AMC brings 'Walking Dead' to life

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockNeal View Post
I think that is what most of us would think but I don't think thats the issue on the show.
thats how kirkman explained it. now on fear twd it might not be as repulsive to the wearer of the guts ensemble since the zombie population is more fresh, but the rotten flesh on twd has to be too much except for those with the most hardcore stomachs, we'll see if a clan like that emerges or things change down the line. the zombieflauge does make things too easy, but whether its a general health risk or gag factor it has to be used sparingly.

at this point the long haired savior (dont know his name) who shot the kid is no.1 on my kill list the rest of the season. i dont believe we've ever seen a savior admonish another for going too far before.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:33 AM   #3602
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 213201094
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

I was asked this the other day and wanted to ask some of you. If you could bring back 2 characters to join the survivors who would it be?
Ahmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:41 AM   #3603
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
I was asked this the other day and wanted to ask some of you. If you could bring back 2 characters to join the survivors who would it be?
Tyresse and Abraham. Though Merle and Shane would be interesting too.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:51 AM   #3604
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10000000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Yeah I saw that question in one of the Walking Dead FB groups. I answered it like this: Bring back Sophie and Andrea, kill off Morgan, Carol, Judith, the garbage pail kids, and the island of misfit women.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:03 AM   #3605
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Tyresse and Abraham. Though Merle and Shane would be interesting too.
I had some of the same choices. I was trying to choose between Glenn, Shane, Tyrese, and Beth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
Yeah I saw that question in one of the Walking Dead FB groups. I answered it like this: Bring back Sophie and Andrea, kill off Morgan, Carol, Judith, the garbage pail kids, and the island of misfit women.
So you would kill off two of the best fighters and Judith?
Old 03-16-2017, 07:30 AM   #3606
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material

Quote:

So you would kill off two of the best fighters and Judith?
Relax. It's just a nod to the comics.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #3607
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudlyGuyInTheGreenHouse is crowing loudly

Random aside, but I was rewatching Fargo season 1 recently, and only one the 2nd viewing did I catch the show's foreshadowing TWD...

Fargo season 1 came out before Jesus was introduced on TWD, so might be pure coincidence

For anyone who has not seen Fargo, season 1 (an awesome show, highly recommend) the actor who also plays Jesus on TWD was a guy selling adderall to Billy Bob Thornton's character out of the back of a van, and then offers him zombie survival equipment...haha

GuyInTheGreenHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:49 PM   #3608
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInTheGreenHouse View Post
Random aside, but I was rewatching Fargo season 1 recently, and only one the 2nd viewing did I catch the show's foreshadowing TWD...

Fargo season 1 came out before Jesus was introduced on TWD, so might be pure coincidence

For anyone who has not seen Fargo, season 1 (an awesome show, highly recommend) the actor who also plays Jesus on TWD was a guy selling adderall to Billy Bob Thornton's character out of the back of a van, and then offers him zombie survival equipment...haha
It wouldn't surprise me. I know there have been references between TWD and Breaking Bad on both shows.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:58 AM   #3609
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
thats how kirkman explained it. now on fear twd it might not be as repulsive to the wearer of the guts ensemble since the zombie population is more fresh, but the rotten flesh on twd has to be too much except for those with the most hardcore stomachs, we'll see if a clan like that emerges or things change down the line. the zombieflauge does make things too easy, but whether its a general health risk or gag factor it has to be used sparingly.

at this point the long haired savior (dont know his name) who shot the kid is no.1 on my kill list the rest of the season. i dont believe we've ever seen a savior admonish another for going too far before.

I don't really think it was an admonishment for going too far in the sense that he felt particularly bad for the kid though. I'm sure that's what he wants the kingdom to think, but this guy seems to like the arrangement they have. It's easy for him. He gets to produce for Negan without too much effort. Show up, get the stuff, get out, the kingdom doesn't put up a fight, easy. The dude with the long hair went off script and killed the one person who's probably most likely to get a rise out of the kingdom and make his job of collecting more difficult. Of course, that's exactly what's about to happen so he's obviously smart to be concerned about the kid getting killed from that perspective.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:24 AM   #3610
Blitzkrieg
Two Deep

Male

Blitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
They also could climb fences and move a lot faster, use rocks to try and break glass. I think they just scrapped the idea of the "smart zombie" when they changed show runners starting in the second season.
Some of it may be that we're a little over 2 years into the plague and the walkers are deteriorating/rotting and their physical capabilities may be diminished?
Old 03-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #3611
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Zombie apocalypse hits, and it's spreading fast....what's your plan?
Old 03-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #3612
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

Quote:
Zombie apocalypse hits, and it's spreading fast....what's your plan?
Two chicks at the same time.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:45 PM   #3613
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
Two chicks at the same time.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #3614
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

Quote:
Yeah I always wanted to do that.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #3615
COCKDIESEL
Could've been a Contender

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57380000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Some of it may be that we're a little over 2 years into the plague and the walkers are deteriorating/rotting and their physical capabilities may be diminished?
But not all are older, there are newer zombies, we don't see them walking way ahead of packs, or using rocks. I believe it was actually addressed by Kirkman that it was a change in direction when Frank Bonorant (sp?) left as showrunner.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #3616
Blitzkrieg
Two Deep

Male

Blitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot material

Quote:
But not all are older, there are newer zombies, we don't see them walking way ahead of packs, or using rocks. I believe it was actually addressed by Kirkman that it was a change in direction when Frank Bonorant (sp?) left as showrunner.
Yeah good point, that wouldn't account for the "newer" walkers.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #3617
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

We have a game and TWD starts a 9 PM.

Tough decisions will be made tonight.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:14 PM   #3618
COCKDIESEL

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
We have a game and TWD starts a 9 PM.

Tough decisions will be made tonight.
Easy, watch the game. DVR TWD
Old 03-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #3619
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Quote:
Easy, watch the game. DVR TWD
Yep, just need to avoid social media before I watch tonight's episode...
Old 03-19-2017, 03:57 PM   #3620
COCKDIESEL

Male

Quote:
Yep, just need to avoid social media before I watch tonight's episode...
Yep