CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
carolina_corpsman
RGHoskins
Spur's Addiction
jdaniel
TastyLicks
kick_ball
Three and Out
NAGamec0ckFan
sporkgod50
Tennessee HC Job (1410)
Anyone see this? Whi (877)
Clemson Fight Club (646)
Waiver being sought (602)
FAVORITE COMMERCIAL (411)
Florida soccer at Da (239)
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ A (153)
NCAAF: KENTUCKY @ MI (136)
NCAAF: OKLAHOMA STAT (89)
Georgia coach Kirby (75)
Tennessee HC Job
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Georgia coach Kirby Smart
With bye week which games
LA Clippers: Sin in the L
Cack's Toast of the Game
***2017 World Series Thre
Butch breaks down UT's lo
2018 - Channing Tindall
Coming down for the REALL

Old 03-17-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0
Default Iron Fist - Netflix

Anyone else watching this?

Yeah so I know it's St. Paddy's Day and most are out drinking the green beer, but some of us have sick kids at the house. Anyways I'm about 3 episodes into this thing, and it's pretty good so far. Think Arrow back when it was good with a little Chinese mythology added in.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #2
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Iron Fist - Netflix

Your reference to Arrow was exactly what I was thinking. Sorry about the kids
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:18 PM   #3
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

It's getting poor reviews. There's too much good stuff on these days to try out a marginal show.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:54 AM   #4
CockySpaniel
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3000000001
CockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
It's getting poor reviews. There's too much good stuff on these days to try out a marginal show.
The PC police are mad that they didnt completely change the source material to make the lead an Asian.
Dabo helped his Uncle jack off his horse...

Only clemson fans would know Dabo doesn't have an Uncle Jack so everbody else might not understand..
CockySpaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:58 AM   #5
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Check out "Buddy Thunderstruck"....can't believe I watched it.

Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:29 PM   #6
johnnyb
Banneded

Male

CockyCash: 1382674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
We are on episode 6, it's good imo. Right up there with the other marvel/Netflix series. Very similar storyline to the Arrow series like other posters said.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:22 AM   #7
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
We are on episode 6, it's good imo. Right up there with the other marvel/Netflix series. Very similar storyline to the Arrow series like other posters said.
The only Marvel show I watched on Netflix is Daredevil. I watched the whole 1st season and it was a little below average. Had a cheesy broadcast network feel to it. I've never tried Luke Cage or the Kristen Ritter show.

The best Marvel based show is Leigon on FX. That show is badass.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:55 AM   #8
johnnyb
Banneded

Male

CockyCash: 1382674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
The only Marvel show I watched on Netflix is Daredevil. I watched the whole 1st season and it was a little below average. Had a cheesy broadcast network feel to it. I've never tried Luke Cage or the Kristen Ritter show.

The best Marvel based show is Leigon on FX. That show is badass.
Daredevil imo got much better as the first season progressed, the first half or so everything looked very "staged" and choreographed. Haven't started Legion yet, it's def on the list tho, question for you, is it tied into the current marvel/avengers tv/movie universe?

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #9
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Daredevil imo got much better as the first season progressed, the first half or so everything looked very "staged" and choreographed. Haven't started Legion yet, it's def on the list tho, question for you, is it tied into the current marvel/avengers tv/movie universe?
It does not appear to be. It's kind of it's own thing and reminds me somewhat of the movie Inception b/c much of the show is spent jumping through the protagonist's memories and psyche.

Noah Hawley, who made Fargo for FX, is the showrunner. If you've seen the 1st 2 seasons of Fargo, you'll know that you're in very capable hands.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #10
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material

OK guys. I finished up episode 8 last night. There is a scene where he fights a drunken master. All negative arguments have been rendered invalid.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #11
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
The only Marvel show I watched on Netflix is Daredevil. I watched the whole 1st season and it was a little below average. Had a cheesy broadcast network feel to it.
Yup....way too much violence from some blind guy and not enough substance. Just didn't grab me.

I've had much more success watching foreign crime series with subtitles. I've enjoyed the scenery and cultures displayed as much as the stories themselves. And a few have excellent twists and turns as well as cinematography.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #12
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Yup....way too much violence from some blind guy and not enough substance. Just didn't grab me.

I've had much more success watching foreign crime series with subtitles. I've enjoyed the scenery and cultures displayed as much as the stories themselves. And a few have excellent twists and turns as well as cinematography.
Foggy is just a terrible character. That actor is so annoying.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #13
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

It is getting absolutely crushed in just about every article posted about it online.

Netflix and Marvelís Iron Fist is an ill-conceived, poorly written disaster

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/19...-marvel-review
FlorenceCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:57 PM   #14
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
It is getting absolutely crushed in just about every article posted about it online.

Netflix and Marvelís Iron Fist is an ill-conceived, poorly written disaster

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/19...-marvel-review
Yeah that just confirms to me that critics don't know what the hell they are talking about most of the time. I'm thoroughly enjoying this show, and so are a lot of other people.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:37 PM   #15
CockySpaniel
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3000000001
CockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot materialCockySpaniel is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
OK guys. I finished up episode 8 last night. There is a scene where he fights a drunken master. All negative arguments have been rendered invalid.
He needed one of those hats
Dabo helped his Uncle jack off his horse...

Only clemson fans would know Dabo doesn't have an Uncle Jack so everbody else might not understand..
CockySpaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #16
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

daredevil season 1 was awesome in every regard, though yeah i could do without foggy. i just finished up iron fist, its watchable but the action and the characters other than colleen just didnt grab me. it has a lot to live up to when compared to the other marvel netflix shows and even daredevil's season 2 reviews werent close to as good as season 1. legion is in the x-men universe but they havent really explored tying it in with any x-men characters, its really its own mind bending entity with mutants at this point. great show
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote