CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Cocky Bookie

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Lalli25
CockyLifer
M.C.
ACPhilson
GregoryHouse
Pty23
Luke Skycocker
kingofnerf
2017 NCAA Women's To (2828)
Martin has matured, (1932)
Hype: Football titl (1823)
Darius Rucker will c (1092)
Y'all have got this! (928)
How would you feel a (816)
Frank Martin: " (511)
Celebrating the Fina (393)
ESPN the Magazine (381)
Hungover? (289)
Who would your rather pla
In case you get bored
Frank Martin: "All-t
2017 NCAA Women's Tournam
Does the basketball run..
Both MBB and WBB teams to
Final Four Rollcall
Martin has matured, time
We good
$400,000 incentive to Fra


vBookie Event: CBB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ DUKE Sunday 3/19 8:40pm (Mens College Basketball)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
CBB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ DUKE Sunday 3/19 8:40pm (Mens College Basketball)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
SOUTH CAROLINA +7.5pts 1/1 (1.00) 7 1246915620073 WIN!
DUKE -7.5pts 1/1 (1.00) 4 100600  
SOUTH CAROLINA Wins 300/100 (3.00) 12 412650423754 WIN!
DUKE Wins 100/360 F (0.28) 3 41000  
Point total less than 142.5 1/1 (1.00) 1 10000  
Point total more than 142.5 1/1 (1.00) 4 80900 WIN!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore
 
ucan'tlickourcocks's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,973
CockyCash: 17669557197
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material
Default CBB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ DUKE Sunday 3/19 8:40pm

CBB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ DUKE Sunday 3/19 8:40pm
ucan'tlickourcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit
 
JerseyBird's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Caldwell NJ
Posts: 10,092
CockyCash: 24767468998768
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: CBB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ DUKE Sunday 3/19 8:40pm

__________________
Beat, um, somebody!
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #3
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly
 
GregoryHouse's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 24,390
CockyCash: 53950769
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: CBB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ DUKE Sunday 3/19 8:40pm

I bet that duke will cover the spread, will beat South Carolina and the point total will be more than 142.5.

I did this because I am horrible when it come to betting and am constantly having my ass handed to me whenever cockycash is on the line.

South Carolina comes into this game being an underdog for a reason. They just won their first NCAA Tournament game in 44 years. Duke has been in the NCAA tournament, and has gone deep into the tournament, every year that I can remember. They have been there and done that.


That said, the atmosphere in the arena should be neutral if not totally in the gamecocks favor today. We have a chance to win the crowd to our side. We are playing in our backyard and non Duke fans will be pulling for a good game and for the underdogs to do something magical.

Those Duke boys are not perfect, they have lost games this season to teams we have beat. They are not as athletic as Kentucky or UCLA. They are Duke, they execute and play well even under pressure. They have not played too many teams that can clamp down on defense like we can though.

I believe this game hinges on us being able to stay out of foul trouble and making our shots at the ft line.

1) Silva, Keita and Kostar will have to stay on the floor and out of foul trouble. Especially Silva because when he fouls out or has to sit on the bench, the team seems to power down.

2) Offensive contributions from Dozier and Notice. I would love for other guys to also make their shots and chip in but we have seen what they can and cant do throughout this season. We also know that Thornwell will get his even when Duke double teams him and shadow him all game. The rest of the team will have to make Duke rotate to the open man or commit fouls.

3) minimize scoring droughts and Duke runs. We simply cant go 3-6-10 minutes without scoring in this game or we will quickly be down 20 points and it will be game over.

4) bring some energy and play loose

5) stay focus

6) score more points than Duke by the time the game ends

7) keep the game out of the referees hands
__________________
Quote:
Muschamp said he doesn't have a 3 year or 5 year plan, his plan is to win now and decisions will be based on winning now.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit
 
JerseyBird's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Caldwell NJ
Posts: 10,092
CockyCash: 24767468998768
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: CBB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ DUKE Sunday 3/19 8:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Duke...has gone deep into the tournament, every year that I can remember.
Actually they've had quite a few early exits in recent years for how good they have been overall, another factor that hopefully will work in our favor tonight


That being said, I'm quite surprised the spread is under 10
__________________
Beat, um, somebody!
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:17 AM   #5
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip
 
JoeMorrisonLives's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: PI, SC
Posts: 790
CockyCash: 500
JoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudlyJoeMorrisonLives is crowing loudly
Default Re: CBB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ DUKE Sunday 3/19 8:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
I bet that duke will cover the spread, will beat South Carolina and the point total will be more than 142.5.

I did this because I am horrible when it come to betting and am constantly having my ass handed to me whenever cockycash is on the line.

South Carolina comes into this game being an underdog for a reason. They just won their first NCAA Tournament game in 44 years. Duke has been in the NCAA tournament, and has gone deep into the tournament, every year that I can remember. They have been there and done that.


That said, the atmosphere in the arena should be neutral if not totally in the gamecocks favor today. We have a chance to win the crowd to our side. We are playing in our backyard and non Duke fans will be pulling for a good game and for the underdogs to do something magical.

Those Duke boys are not perfect, they have lost games this season to teams we have beat. They are not as athletic as Kentucky or UCLA. They are Duke, they execute and play well even under pressure. They have not played too many teams that can clamp down on defense like we can though.

I believe this game hinges on us being able to stay out of foul trouble and making our shots at the ft line.

1) Silva, Keita and Kostar will have to stay on the floor and out of foul trouble. Especially Silva because when he fouls out or has to sit on the bench, the team seems to power down.

2) Offensive contributions from Dozier and Notice. I would love for other guys to also make their shots and chip in but we have seen what they can and cant do throughout this season. We also know that Thornwell will get his even when Duke double teams him and shadow him all game. The rest of the team will have to make Duke rotate to the open man or commit fouls.

3) minimize scoring droughts and Duke runs. We simply cant go 3-6-10 minutes without scoring in this game or we will quickly be down 20 points and it will be game over.

4) bring some energy and play loose

5) stay focus

6) score more points than Duke by the time the game ends

7) keep the game out of the referees hands
Keep betting against the cocks! The fates have spoken and it is what must be done for the good of the team.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:22 AM   #6
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly
 
GregoryHouse's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 24,390
CockyCash: 53950769
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: CBB: SOUTH CAROLINA @ DUKE Sunday 3/19 8:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
Keep betting against the cocks! The fates have spoken and it is what must be done for the good of the team.
Losing my ass never felt so good
__________________
Quote:
Muschamp said he doesn't have a 3 year or 5 year plan, his plan is to win now and decisions will be based on winning now.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development