CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
LeeroyJenkins
Ace Dilcock
GregoryHouse
Master Bedroom
rabid cock
Flameout12
ba55nec4r
The Importance of Mi (1234)
Paul Allen finds the (470)
WBB 2017-18 Season a (433)
Another US Ship Coll (344)
Jerry Lewis (310)
2020 - Kelvin " (285)
Which Freshmen Play (259)
Happy Birthday CockA (110)
Happy Birthday 1SCfa (99)
Is today the day it (75)
2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat
GA Mangus has a new job
Huge Event on Monday
WBB 2017-18 Season and Re
2017 Roster
Rollcall! : NC State
2018 Commitment - Josh Va
Home Opener vs UK
Lattimore to play again..
The Importance of Michael

Old 11-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #41
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 345402929
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc
Default Re: AMC brings 'Walking Dead' to life

episode 2 is on now
Old 11-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #42
khosk
Administrator

Male

CockyCash: 110599
khosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot material

Very intense.
khosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #43
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 345402929
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

must say that it was pretty good.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:17 AM   #44
Truly Cocky
Anonymous

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

Another really good episode tonight.

Loved the human element between Rick and Andrea when she was looking at the mermaid necklace, with the zombies pounding at the glass door.

Rick is a very very strong character, he's the obvious leader, but his flaws are apparent in his mannerisms.

Really excited about next week's episode since I saw the preview for episode 3
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #45
Jolly Roger
Pillaging & Plundering

Male

CockyCash: 9800
Jolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot materialJolly Roger is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I am a bit of a 'Zombie Apocolypse' nut. Love a good ZA story so this is something I will really be interested in seeing. If anyone out there wants to read two really good books related to this genre I recommend 'World War Z' by Max Brooks and 'Day by Day Armegedon' by J. L. Bourne...DBDA was written by an active duty naval officer in journal form and is a terrific 'survivalist' story. WWZ is done in an interview after the fact style that had more to do with the geo-political and governmental/military responses to the 'outbreak'....an oral account of the war. Both were riviting reads.
+1 on WWZ. Great book.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #46
CocksfanNC
Gamecock Mama

Female

CockyCash: 99500
CocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot materialCocksfanNC is USC mascot material

I'm loving this show! I keep being surprised by the adult language -- it's almost like watching something on Showtime! I liked the scene where they talked about who the dead zombie had been before he was one of the dead. Very nice way to drive home the tragedy of the situation without getting overly sentimental, I thought.

Randomly, who else thinks we're probably going to see the racist guy that got left up on the roof again at some point -- maybe having chewed off his own hand to get free, or something to that effect?

Also, I said something like this to my husband last night: "Honey, just for future reference, if we're ever in a zombie apocalypse and are living in tents out in the woods and you sneak up on me and grab me from behind and throw me down and THEN think we're about to get busy, I just need to let you know that I will kick you in the nuts and leave your ass lying there in the woods. Mmmkay, baby?"

Relatedly, I think Miss Thang's boyfriend there is going to turn out to be an asshole in an even more obvious way. I mean, aside from the fact that he's very happily banging his supposedly dead husband's wife within weeks of the supposedly dead husband (and his former partner) supposedly dying, he was fine with letting the other group die if it meant keeping his own sorry carcass safe. Hmph.
CocksfanNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #47
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

at least they added guts to their shaun of the dead imitate the zombies idea. yeah i definitely would expect the racist guy to show back up again. i didnt see the preview for next week but id also expect them to move the camp before rick and his group get back.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #48
detroitcockfan@usc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 550
detroitcockfan@usc has earned his spursdetroitcockfan@usc has earned his spursdetroitcockfan@usc has earned his spursdetroitcockfan@usc has earned his spursdetroitcockfan@usc has earned his spursdetroitcockfan@usc has earned his spursdetroitcockfan@usc has earned his spurs

I can't wait till we find out about the backstory on the virus.
detroitcockfan@usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #49
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

We'll see the racist guy again. Next week's preview had his brother (who we haven't met yet) flipping out ("You left him on the roof?!") and Rick saying he was gonna go back.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #50
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

makes sense that tdog didnt toss him the saw though it wasnt on purpose. if the saw was within reach then best case scenario he cuts through the cuffs and gets impatient and dies trying to get out of the building.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:05 AM   #51
Alfred_HitchCOCK
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Alfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot materialAlfred_HitchCOCK is USC mascot material

Love this show so far.
Alfred_HitchCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #52
Cockykevin
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100200
Cockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Cockykevin

Great show. Yea the racist guy should come back maybe even as a walker, also do you think once the sheriff figures out his wife is banging his partner then he will hook up with the lady he had chemistry with in the store?

Should be good to see the power struggle inside the base camp between the sheriff and his ex partner because the partner is obviously the leader of the camp while he used to take orders from the sheriff.
Cockykevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #53
Truly Cocky
Anonymous

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

Another very interesting episode tonight. The tension between rick, lori, and shane is palpable.

Lori hates shane for telling her that her husband rick was dead, now shane's getting power hungry each day.

Tonight's Episode really invested in the human condition, what would you do during a time of chaos and what would you do to survive. Personified by Merle Dixon who cut his hand off to survive supposedly at the end.
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #54
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Cocky View Post
Another very interesting episode tonight. The tension between rick, lori, and shane is palpable.

Lori hates shane for telling her that her husband rick was dead, now shane's getting power hungry each day.

Tonight's Episode really invested in the human condition, what would you do during a time of chaos and what would you do to survive. Personified by Merle Dixon who cut his hand off to survive supposedly at the end.
It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think he did because if the zombies got him, there would have been a lot of blood on the rooftop.

I asked my friends this so I'll ask y'all: if you were Rick, would you want to know about Lori and Shane? All my friends said yes but I said no -- Lori thought he was truly dead, there's something to be said about ignorance is bliss, and that would just create so much tension and distraction that it could cost someone's life. Thoughts?
Old 11-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #55
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

no, you'd hate living a lie, but it would only create problems considering your wife was somewhat innocent in it all. she seems strong enough to hold the burden of shane's betrayal, theres no way rick even being the good guy that he is would be able to coexist with shane. we'll see how shane handles going from taking rick's place to basically nothing, obviously some of the punches shane threw werent related to the guy being a wife beater.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #56
Cigaro
I drink your milkshake

Male

CockyCash: 50092224
Cigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot materialCigaro is USC mascot material

Ummmmmm....why would he cut off his hand instead of the cuffs?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #57
TheMule
Band

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Ummmmmm....why would he cut off his hand instead of the cuffs?
How much time do you think you have before the walkers burst through the door?

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #58
Cockykevin
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100200
Cockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Cockykevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
How much time do you think you have before the walkers burst through the door?
But if we believe the other guy then the walkers wouldn't have been able to get through. I'm sure he cut his hand off but where did he go is my question with blood leaking from his wrist that would have alerted more walkers do to the strong scent. Maybe he found a vent on the roof or drain pipe.
Cockykevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #59
The Dude
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000475
The Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot materialThe Dude is USC mascot material

that guy wasnt the sharpest, though he was a tool, which would explain why he would cut off his hand rather than the cuff.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #60
TheMule
Band

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockykevin View Post
But if we believe the other guy then the walkers wouldn't have been able to get through. I'm sure he cut his hand off but where did he go is my question with blood leaking from his wrist that would have alerted more walkers do to the strong scent. Maybe he found a vent on the roof or drain pipe.
Redneck wouldn't have known about the secure chain and lock. The black guy went back as an after thought with the chain. I wouldn't be surprised if he became infected some way, becomes a walker, and leads them to the survivors' camp.

I like the subplots that are developing including bringing in a new survivor group next week. Do they work together or fight each other for supplies?

If confronted with a zombie outbreak I;d head to a cold climate. Since they're dead you'd have to figure that zombies would eventually freeze. Then you could go around and shatter their heads with a baseball bat.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote