CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Captain9Dragons
TastyLicks
MountainCock
LBC
CoastCocky
GuyInTheGreenHouse
WeCocky2001
carolina_corpsman
DVCHamp
Frank Martin on Dan (826)
Kurt Roper Looks To (694)
There's A Difference (589)
Ty Harris ESPN Artic (566)
"The Duke Destr (523)
John Jones (508)
Sam Dyson another Ch (451)
Can we offer this ma (353)
Duke F Chase Jeter t (331)
Weekend Rotation for (242)
2018 - Steven Gilmore
Winthrop Coach headed to
John Jones
2018 - Lavonte Valentine
2018 - Xavier Thomas
Weekend Rotation for Bama
Frank Martin on Dan Patri
Hey Old Timers! How does
"The Duke Destroyer
Kurt Roper Looks To Open

Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #21
uga dawg
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly
Default Re: official UFC thread. (news, rumors, opinions)

Last edited by uga dawg; 05-02-2013 at 10:25 PM..
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #22
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Am I the only one who thinks that Shogun vs Mousasi would be a fight of the year contender? that one needs to happen before Mousasi goes to 185.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #23
uga dawg
Banned

Male

damn! I start pulling for Machida and Gustafsson, and now Machida is calling him out for a fight!

can't wait to see this one!
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #24
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 234554229341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Is this the new and boring Chael Sonnen??

http://www.cagepotato.com/quote-of-t...-chael-sonnen/
Old 05-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #25
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

And this bites. Barao is a bad a$$!

http://www.cagepotato.com/interim-uf...ddie-wineland/
Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #26
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

For those interested in this sort of thing, the gambler's edition of the next UFC card...

http://www.cagepotato.com/gambling-a...va-ii-edition/

Old 05-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #27
The Gamecock Outlaw
Glutton For Punishment

Male

CockyCash: 200
The Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot materialThe Gamecock Outlaw is USC mascot material

Well, now that UFC 160 is in the books, who do you think will get the next title shot vs Cain Velasquez? The man seems to be back to his dominate self after his one slip up vs JDS. JDS looked solid last night and probably will get his rematch but I don't think he can beat Velasquez. Sure anyone can get caught with one punch (see their first fight) but if Velasquez employs the same game plan he did before and JDS' take down defense isn't any better, it will be another long night for him. And obviously, JDS can take a punch but Velasquez hits very hard and dropped him too in that last fight.

Also, I think we all can assume that Jon Jones when he is back from his toe injury will beat Alexander Gustaffson. Once he does that, the Light Heavyweight Division will have no one left for him unless you think Teixeira Glover a threat and I don't. So the point I am getting to is then is it time for Jones to beef up a little and move on up to heavyweight? I think with a little more size on him and his wrestling ability and striking he could beat anyone in the heavyweight division and is the only one right now in my mind that could give Velasquez a run for his money because of his wrestling ability. I think Velasquez would have to stand and strike with him and I am not sure he could with how dynamic Jones is and his huge reach advantage.

Just my thoughts and opinions. Anyone have a fighter or side I may not be taking into consideration?
1-0 Playoffs
The Gamecock Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #28
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamecock Outlaw View Post
Well, now that UFC 160 is in the books, who do you think will get the next title shot vs Cain Velasquez? The man seems to be back to his dominate self after his one slip up vs JDS. JDS looked solid last night and probably will get his rematch but I don't think he can beat Velasquez. Sure anyone can get caught with one punch (see their first fight) but if Velasquez employs the same game plan he did before and JDS' take down defense isn't any better, it will be another long night for him. And obviously, JDS can take a punch but Velasquez hits very hard and dropped him too in that last fight.

Also, I think we all can assume that Jon Jones when he is back from his toe injury will beat Alexander Gustaffson. Once he does that, the Light Heavyweight Division will have no one left for him unless you think Teixeira Glover a threat and I don't. So the point I am getting to is then is it time for Jones to beef up a little and move on up to heavyweight? I think with a little more size on him and his wrestling ability and striking he could beat anyone in the heavyweight division and is the only one right now in my mind that could give Velasquez a run for his money because of his wrestling ability. I think Velasquez would have to stand and strike with him and I am not sure he could with how dynamic Jones is and his huge reach advantage.

Just my thoughts and opinions. Anyone have a fighter or side I may not be taking into consideration?
JDS looked like a Spartan facing the enemy! He was so focused and determined, but he still took some shots though little damage was done. Cain will maximize damage with his shots. He will not allow JDS to dictate the third fight in any way, shape or form.

Gustaffson is a serious bad a$$ but he lacks the "it" that Bones carries in his DNA. He may win if he can catch JJ but that is a BIG if!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #29
uga dawg
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamecock Outlaw View Post

A few things here. 1st, dana white has already said that the next guy cain will fight will be JDS in a third fight.

next, Gustaffson is very much capable of beating jon jones. he will not be at the serious reach disadvantage that most fighters are, and his striking abilities are more sound and technical than jones'. the only thing is jones wrestling ability. not saying jones will lose, but it will not be an easy fight for him.

also, if jones does win, there is no need to for him to run off to the heavyweight division. he still has Lyoto Machida to deal with, and regardless of catching Machida in a choke to finish him, Machida remains a very bad match for jones. Machida had given Jones the only losing round he's ever had, before getting trapped in the fence and choked. a good example is the first fight between Cain and JDS. Cain was finished quickly, and it would be easy to say that he had nothing for JDS. Well we all saw JDS get his ass whipped for 5 rounds in the 2nd fight, and the same could very well happen to Jones if he faces Machida again.
he also has Daniel Cormier attempting to come down to 205 and challenge him.

Jones will get beat around badly in the heavyweight division. he cannot gain enough weight to over power the heavyweights, and he lacks the serious knockout power to trade with most of them. also, his wrestling is good, but he would not throw Cain around, and would quickly find out that Cain is in a different league. he would beat a few guys, but I would not right off the fact that Roy Nelson may knock him out if he tried to stand with him. he's better off at 205. no serious knockout power, and to small of a frame to carry the weight needed to compete.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #30
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Here’s a list of the announced bouts for UFC on Fox Sports 1: Shogun vs. Sonnen, which goes down on August 17th from the TD Garden in Boston:

Mauricio Rua vs. Chael Sonnen
Alistair Overeem vs. Travis Browne
Urijah Faber vs. Yuri Alcantara
Matt Brown vs. Thiago Alves
Uriah Hall vs. Nick Ring
Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson
Brad Pickett vs. Michael McDonald
Mike Brown vs. Akira Corassani
Andy Ogle vs. Conor McGregor
Cody Donovan vs. Ovince St. Preux
Ramsey Nijem vs. James Vick

There are some great matchups on that list!

Personally, I can't wait to see Conor McGregor (of the Clan McGregor!) take someone's head off!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #31
bertoholic
THAT Damn Good

Male

CockyCash: 14152650
bertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot materialbertoholic is USC mascot material

Big Nog tapped.

If you don't know now you know....
bertoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #32
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/big-dad...1814--box.html

Laugh?? I thought I'd die! What a putz.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #33
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Tomorrow the sh$t hits the fan as Anderson "The Spider" Silva faces his toughest contest in a long time, Chris Weidman, who is getting a lot of love from the pundits regarding his chances. I'll start that thread in a moment, but first...

http://www.cagepotato.com/roy-jones-...th-dana-white/

Must. Be. Stopped!
Old 07-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #34
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

Heads up, UFC'ers!

The rest of the 2013 pay-per-view schedule, according to White, is:

Aug. 3, UFC 163 in Rio de Janeiro, Aldo vs. "The Korean Zombie" for the featherweight title.
Aug. 31, UFC 164 in Milwaukee, Henderson vs. Pettis II for the UFC lightweight title.
Sept. 21, UFC 165 in Toronto, Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson for the UFC light heavyweight title.
Oct. 19, UFC 166 in Houston, Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos III for the UFC heavyweight title.
Nov. 16, UFC 167 in Las Vegas, Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks for the UFC welterweight title.
Dec. 28, UFC 168 in Las Vegas, Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate II for the UFC women's bantamweight title.

Notice on 8/31 the headliner is now Anthony Pettis vs Benson Henderson. TJ Grant injured in training... This is the rematch od the final WEC fight where Pettis runs the cage to kick Benson in the face and knock him down!

Old 07-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #35
Clowneygotcha
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Almost cannot believe that Silva lost that fight. He is getting a rematch, but again, you cannot win them all. All I know is I would not win a fight with the guy, so who am I too judge?
Clowneygotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #36
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 800
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Dec 28th, Silva vs Weidman II...
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #37
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Anyone watching UFC 163 tonight?

Chan Sung Jung vs Jose Aldo for the UFC Featherweight Championship
Lyoto Machida vs Phil Davis
Cezar Ferreira vs Thiago Santos
Thales Leites vs Tom Watson
John Lineker vs Jose Maria
Old 08-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #38
rolinb1
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Yeah I'm watching...
Old 08-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #39
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

Dana is going to have his hands full for submission of the night. Two great submissions so far.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #40
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

Can't stand Machida's fights. Such a boring fighter. I get it, he wins his fights with his style and that's the goal, but God they are boring.