CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
RGHoskins
TastyLicks
sporkgod50
jdaniel
kick_ball
Three and Out
Spurticus
Tennessee HC Job (1677)
Anyone see this? Whi (877)
Clemson Fight Club (704)
Waiver being sought (646)
FAVORITE COMMERCIAL (442)
Florida soccer at Da (261)
Georgia coach Kirby (256)
***2017 World Series (73)
LA Clippers: Sin in the L
Butch breaks down UT's lo
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Tennessee HC Job
Coming down for the REALL
Cack's Toast of the Game
2019 - Ani Izuchukwu
***2017 World Series Thre
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti

Old 04-26-2015, 08:15 PM   #41
Lalli25
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 600
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Redskins Fans - Great News

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Lalli, good call on Colorado State QB Garrett Grayson......see below.

"Rounds 2-4: There’s a debate over who will be the third quarterback taken. Baylor’s Bryce Petty has a fluid throwing motion -- one NFL coach told me he loved watching him throw for that reason. But he is not always accurate, usually a byproduct of footwork in the pocket. So he’ll have to clean that up as well as transition from an offense that is far different from what he’ll have in the NFL. UCLA’s Brett Hundley looks to run far too often. When his base is right, he can really deliver a nice ball. Colorado State’s Garrett Grayson moves well in the pocket and stays poised; willing to make big throws. His base is pretty solid. Oregon State’s Sean Mannion played in a pro-style offense and took snaps from under center. But he’s slow (5.1 seconds in the 40-yard dash), so that will hurt in the pocket and he has a longer delivery."
I like Bryce Petty but I don't think taking another Baylor QB would be wise, if you are the Skins. I think Philly should take Petty. He'd fit their system well. I don't see Hundley being in the league for long.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:13 PM   #42
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000365601
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I like Bryce Petty but I don't think taking another Baylor QB would be wise, if you are the Skins. I think Philly should take Petty. He'd fit their system well. I don't see Hundley being in the league for long.
I don't think Baylor's system transitions well to the NFL. Did you see they gave
RG3 a 5th year today......shocking.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:22 PM   #43
b381l
Banned

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5IZQ-EkxKKw

Here is Skins new GM Scot McCloughan's 20 minute presser.......interesting.

Browns called the Redskins today about trading up.....I like it.

"McCloughan also brought up the possibility of a trade down when Leonard Williams name came up. Would he draft Williams at 5, absolutely, but he also knows that a player like Williams will entice teams to move up. If the deal is right, the Redskins would consider moving down and picking up a few additional picks. The Redskins have been putting out the idea that they would consider taking a QB at #5 if he was the best player available. Even after announcing the Redskins were exercising Robert Griffin III's 5th-year option, McCloughan said that would not change their draft plans. Not many people are buying the QB at #5 story, but anything is possible in the draft."

Last edited by b381l; 04-27-2015 at 11:36 PM..
Old 05-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #44
b381l
Banned

Male

http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/5/3/85...n-redskins-the

Grading the Skins draft:
Mel Kiper.......A- (highest grade in NFL)
Dallas Morning News.........A-
Fox Sports.............B+
Rich Tandler...........B+
SI............B
CBS Sports............B
Mocking the Draft......B-
NFL.com.......B-
Washington Post......B-
Sporting News ..........C

Round 1(#5) Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

Round 2(#38) Preston Smith, OLB, Mississippi State

Round 3(#95) Matt Jones, RB, Florida

Round 4(#105) Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke

Round 4(#112 Seattle Trade) Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama

Round 5(#141) Martrell Spaight, OLB, Arkansas

Round 6(#181 Seattle Trade) Kyshoen Jarrett, SS, Virginia Tech

Round 6(#182) Tevin Mitchel, CB, Arkansas

Round 6(#187 New Orleans Trade) Evan Spencer, WR, Ohio State

Round 7(#222) Austin Reiter, C, South Florida
Old 05-12-2015, 11:32 PM   #45
b381l
Banned

Male

All draft picks and UDFA signed as of today.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:31 AM   #46
Lalli25
Banned

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

The only thing I wish he had done was draft another DB than getting the OSU WR. I just think the more DB bodies the better chance the skins have at improving their pass D.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:59 AM   #47
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
The only thing I wish he had done was draft another DB than getting the OSU WR. I just think the more DB bodies the better chance the skins have at improving their pass D.
the OSU WR's brother is on the Redskins staff.....at least they got 2 out of 10 DB's plus Culliver and the Safety from Tampa.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:24 AM   #48
Lalli25
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
the OSU WR's brother is on the Redskins staff.....at least they got 2 out of 10 DB's plus Culliver and the Safety from Tampa.
I forgot about the free agent pick ups. It seems like that was 4 years ago. I still think Philly should have gotten Bryce Petty. I like the OL draft they had. I think this years guys combined with last years guys improvement, should make the OL look drastically better...assuming Griffin doesn't just stand back there and take sacks.

On a different note, I really want McCoy to play well and get the job. I just have always liked him and it would shut up so many of the idiots in the area who think they know football. However, no matter what happens this year, I foresee Washington drafting a new QB next year.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #49
b381l
Banned

Male

http://www.hogshaven.com/2015/5/16/8...ter-prediction

I counted 17 players on the 53 man roster that were acquired this off season through free agency or this years draft. No matter how you slice it, that's a huge improvement over last year.

Below is an early look at the projected 53-man roster and some guys who could be candidates to end up starting the year on our practice squad.

Offense:

QB - Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy

RB - Alfred Morris, Darrel Young, Matt Jones(R), Silas Redd

TE - Jordan Reed, Niles Paul, Logan Paulsen

WR - DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, Andre Roberts, Jamison Crowder, Ryan Grant, Evan Spencer

LT - Trent Williams, Morgan Moses(tackle and guard)

LG - Shawn Lauvao, Arie Kouandjio(R)

C - Kory Lichtensteiger, Austin Reiter(R)

RG - Spencer Long

RT - Brandon Scherff(R), Tom Compton

Defense:

LOLB - Ryan Kerrigan, Jackson Jeffcoat

DE(3-tech) - Stephen Paea, Ricky Jean Francois

NT - Terrance Knighton, Chris Baker

DE(5-tech) - Jason Hatcher, Frank Kearse

ROLB - Preston Smith(R), Trent Murphy

ILB - Keenan Robinson, Adam Hayward, Will Compton

ILB - Perry Riley, Martrell Spaight(R)

CB - Chris Culliver, David Amerson, Tevin Mitchel(R)

CB - Bashaud Breeland, DeAngelo Hall, Tracy Porter

SS - Jeron Johnson, Phillip Thomas, Kyshoen Jarrett(R)

FS - Dashon Goldson, Trenton Robinson

Special Teams:

K - Kai Forbath

P - Tress Way

LS - Austin Reiter(R) **

Practice Squad Candidates:

Corey Crawford(R) DT

Donovan Warren(R) DB

Tony Jones(R) WR

Trey Williams(R) RB

Terrance Plummer(R) LB

Tyler Larson C

Robert Thomas NT

Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith DB

Takoby Cofield(R) G

Devin Mahina(R) TE
Old 03-09-2017, 10:40 PM   #50
GoldenSpur7
obscurum per obscurius

Male

CockyCash: 200
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Scot McCloughan Fired as Redskins GM After 2 Seasons

Quote:
According to the Washington Post, "An official with direct knowledge of the situation attributed the decision to McCloughan’s ongoing problems with alcohol, which also led to his firing from front office positions with the San Francisco 49ers in 2010 and Seattle Seahawks in 2014."

The official said, "He showed up in the locker room drunk on multiple occasions. ... This has been a disaster for 18 months."
Such high hopes ...
Got no time to slow
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:03 AM   #51
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
A lot of people agree with you including Chris Cooley who brought up the alcohol situation a couple of weeks ago on the radio. I think this is a better look at the situation though. Looks like Allen and McCloughan were like oil and water. The final straw was not signing Cousins. Apparently Allen didn't think he deserved a big deal. A lot of folks thought McCloughan was the best thing that's happened to the Redskins since Bobby Bethard. Looks like we'll never know. It's doubtful Snyder will step up and can Allen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e05e6d9e2f47
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #52
GamecockGuardsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 921100
GamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot material

As a Redskins fans...I am embarrass how things how turned out so far this offseason. The end of the 2016 season ended on a low by missing the playoffs but I thought 2017 could be better by resigning Cousins to a long term deal, picking up some key free agents, and having a good draft. Now, it seems like that will be a wash. The front office is pretty much a mess now, they have pretty much pushed Cousins out, and who the heck knows what will happen in the upcoming draft. In short...we have one of the worst owners in the league and it is hard to imagine Washington being a playoff caliber team in the next few years.
GamecockGuardsman is offline   Reply With Quote