CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
carolina_corpsman
Captain9Dragons
thekob
lencho30
Spur's Addiction
GoldenSpur7
TastyLicks
Spurticus
Order 66
2017 SEC Tournament: (4757)
Anonymous SEC Coache (1802)
Game time set for NC (832)
The Citadel's Fred J (496)
2018 - Jamari Brown (470)
What jumps out at yo (419)
NC State Gametime (335)
DJI Drones (Spark) (302)
Memorial Day (161)
Starting A New Caree (130)
2018 - Josh Vann
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
2018 Commitment - Maxwell
2017 MBB Commitment - Jas
Anonymous SEC Coaches tak
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
Game time set for NC Stat
2018 - Matthew Hill
What jumps out at you?
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP

Old 11-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #1
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Headphones

I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones that I can use mainly while at the gym. I currently use the default ones that come with the iPhone but they suck and never stay in my ear. I'm looking for ones that hook around the ear and are sweat resistant. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good brand? Il hoping I can snag a nice cyber Monday deal.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Headphones

I do not carry any right now. It is a very competitive category. There are over 50,000 offerings. A lot of my fellow amazon merchants have them on sale this weekend though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...qid=1448805852

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:16 AM   #3
I Bleed Garnet
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

I have a pair of skull candy ones I use and they're great.
I prefer the ear buds not those massive beats by dre like ones that a bunch of athletes use.
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

My brother in law told me about a website named thewirecutter.com and I went on there and looked through some options and ordered a pair already. Got Sony MDRAS800AP Active headphones for $48.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #5
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

These are the ones I have been using for years. They may be hard to find because they are an old cheap model. But they are made by "h2o Audio." They are called Sports series. I like the coiled cord as it gives good extension and it hooks behind the ear like you want. You want something with a plug for a gym so you can plug into the TV. Bluetooth is great but you can't bluetooth to the tv as far as I know.

EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:51 AM   #6
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

It's been so long since I've had a set of buds or phones that I felt like were worth the money. There are some great products on the market, but they're mostly out of my price range.

I've certainly never found value in a set like you're describing, despite several attempts. I hope you have better luck than I have!
Gamecock1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #7
uscfan1
Make Yourself

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Monster DNA...sound amazing.
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:54 PM   #8
aftertwobowls
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 75000000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I have a pair of skull candy ones I use and they're great.
I prefer the ear buds not those massive beats by dre like ones that a bunch of athletes use.
Can't go wrong with skull candy. I loved mine until I left them with my cousin and he lost them. Just don't overpay for Beats or Bose unless you're only in it for a fashion statement because that's what everyone else has. There are plenty of companies out there that make the same quality as Bose for about half the price. In fact, there are so many manufacturers and styles now, I just can't keep up. The market has exploded in the last 5-8 years. I like Sennheiser myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfan1 View Post
Monster DNA...sound amazing.
Meh, I won't give Monster anything out of principle. A lot of headphones are purely fashion statements now. Which is fine I guess..

Last edited by aftertwobowls; 12-03-2015 at 10:30 PM..
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:56 PM   #9
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Not necessarily headphones for the gym, but you can not go wrong with Grado, sennheiser or psb. Also consider B&W or Shure. Again, more than you might want to spend on gym headphones, but if you are considering buying some that actually sound good, look at Grado.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:54 PM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I have a few sets of these that I am getting ready to send to Amazon or Ebay.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/earbuds-...dphones-cx-215

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 12-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #11
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1668234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I have a bluetooth wireless ear buds. Jaybird BlueBuds X....

They last about 4 hours..I know because I ran for such long and they gave out. you can set them up two ways, behind the head or below the chin...

No complaints. Though this is my second pair. The first stopped holding a charge after 3 months. Was a quick replacement though, purchased though Amazon. had the second for over a year and no problems.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #12
CofC Cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
CofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPitCofC Cock rules the CockPit

Second the jay birds and the good thing is that they have increased the battery to 8 hours on the latest installment

CofC Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #13
Cockadoo
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot material

Ironman earbuds, they twist into your ear and never fall out. Made for working out. I use them doing P90X and Insanity. Even bought a second set in case I lose the first ones. They also make a set that hooks if thats your flavor.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:06 PM   #14
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 71500600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I have beats urBeats and they suck if you get sweaty...won't stay in so I would avoid them like the plague
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #15
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I use yurbuds at the gym. Takes maybe a time or two to get used to them if you're used to regular earbuds. No issues with them when I'm working out and they really reduce outside noise, much to my wife's chagrin.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #16
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Anybody keep their device in their pocket while they work out? I do, and so I can't ever have a pair of earbuds (almost always Skull Candy) last more than a few months before the sound starts going out. If anyone's got a set of earbuds or headphones they've had success with in this case, I'd love to hear about it.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #17
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

I have a pair of sennheiser's and I love them. Really good headphones.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #18
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
I have a pair of sennheiser's and I love them. Really good headphones.
I still have a few sets here if anyone is interested.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 12-14-2015, 10:28 PM   #19
Cockadoo
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot materialCockadoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Anybody keep their device in their pocket while they work out? I do, and so I can't ever have a pair of earbuds (almost always Skull Candy) last more than a few months before the sound starts going out. If anyone's got a set of earbuds or headphones they've had success with in this case, I'd love to hear about it.
I do. I use the yurbuds Ironman twist-in ear buds. I just run the cord under my shirt. I'll run it up the front or the back depending on what I'm doing. They have lasted about a year now.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:16 AM   #20
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
I do. I use the yurbuds Ironman twist-in ear buds. I just run the cord under my shirt. I'll run it up the front or the back depending on what I'm doing. They have lasted about a year now.
Thanks. I will give those a look. I always run cords under my shirt, too...the cords just always end up going bad near the actual plug from being in my pockets. Might just be because I buy cheap ones.