CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Lalli25
CockyLifer
ACPhilson
GregoryHouse
Pty23
M.C.
Luke Skycocker
kingofnerf
2017 NCAA Women's To (2711)
Martin has matured, (1867)
Hype: Football titl (1795)
Darius Rucker will c (1074)
Y'all have got this! (915)
How would you feel a (799)
8:1 (612)
Frank Martin: " (429)
Celebrating the Fina (387)
ESPN the Magazine (360)
2017 NCAA Women's Tournam
Who would your rather pla
Martin has matured, time
We good
$400,000 incentive to Fra
One and done in NCAA?
2018 - Dakereon Joyner
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Zelda
2018 - Xavier Thomas

Old 02-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #21
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
FLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spurs
Default Re: 2017 WBB - Haley Troup - 5'10" SG

I sure hope we can land this young lady. We can use our size to overpower most of the SEC, when we face UCONN, we need some outside shooters to open the inside game up.
FLgamecockJAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:41 AM   #22
Phillygamecock
4-Star

Male

Phillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudly

She has narrowed her choices to Texas, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Auburn and Texas Tech. Wants to make her visits in May/June and decide in July.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/...reps/160409985
Phillygamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #23
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Good news!
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #24
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

FLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spurs

I sure hope we can land this young lady. Come play for one of the top coaches and THE best crowd in the game!!
Old 05-06-2016, 02:09 AM   #25
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 51250
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

my favorite highlights are when she passes on the fast break. And she is a shooter obviously. Smart too. reminds me of Madison Cable of Notre Dame.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:55 PM   #26
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5000
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Took her official visit to USC this weekend. She tweeted some pics with the coaching staff and most of the team: https://twitter.com/haleytroup13/sta...79699461677056
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #27
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

I feel really good about Troup. She seems to really enjoy SC and looks great in Garnet and Black. I'm willing to go out on a limb and predict that she'll be our first 2017 commit.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #28
aten999
Banned

Male

aten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot materialaten999 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
I feel really good about Troup. She seems to really enjoy SC and looks great in Garnet and Black. I'm willing to go out on a limb and predict that she'll be our first 2017 commit.

I hope you are right...That young lady can shoot the lights out and she is tough as nails...Would be awesome to to see her in the garnet&black...
aten999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #29
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Perusing her twitter I get the feeling she will be a Gamecock and fit right in.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:16 PM   #30
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

I sure like what I see on film, so this is great news!!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #31
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

Visited Missouri over the weekend.. I believe it was her 3rd OV.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #32
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

I'm not sure how to take Haley. Every visit seems to be reported as a great visit. Hopefully, we are staying in contact. Her visit here was quite some time ago. Does anyone know if she has been back unofficially?
Old 06-13-2016, 07:23 PM   #33
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgamecockJAX View Post
I'm not sure how to take Haley. Every visit seems to be reported as a great visit. Hopefully, we are staying in contact. Her visit here was quite some time ago. Does anyone know if she has been back unofficially?
Seems like to best way to find any information on WBB recruiting is by stalking the recruit's social media pages... so sad more isn't done to keep fans updated.
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #34
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgamecockJAX View Post
Troup was just on campus for her OFFICIAL visit just a few weeks ago, not even a month ago. Basketball recruiting, men or women's, is not like football recruiting where recruits may visit a campus unofficially 4 or 5 times before committing. Usually, a high value D1 player (the kind we now recruit) may get 15-20 offers or more in most cases. She'll narrow down to 9 or 10 and try to visit as many of them as possible (these are UNOFFICIAL visits, coming out their pockets). She'll then narrow down to 5 or less for OFFICIAL visits (paid for by the school). Official visits could be a one day thing or the recruit may stay for the entire weekend. Each recruit gets 5 official visits.

FWIW, Troup stayed for the weekend and spent the majority of the time with the team, as it should be. Judging by the group pic and her tweets it was probably one of her better visits.

Basketball coaches at big programs do have camps during the summer (Dawn has team, individual skills and youth camps), so unless Troup was present at one of those camps then I highly doubt she's been back since.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #35
meesh982000
4-Star

Female

meesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talons

http://twitter.com/dawnstaley/status/753929536199331840
Good am!! A bird is flew into the nest last night. Stay tuned for her announcement within the next few days. #letsgo2017class

I think Haley Troup is the recent commit. ������
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #36
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
She's not the quickest player but she more than makes up for it with shooting, passing and court awareness. She reminds me of a female Larry Bird type of player.
We have plenty of speed and athletic ability on our Team. We need a shooter and this girl would certainly fit that bill perfectly. You can put the ball in her hands at the end of games as well and know she is going to knock down her foul shots.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:18 PM   #37
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post
http://twitter.com/dawnstaley/status/753929536199331840
Good am!! A bird is flew into the nest last night. Stay tuned for her announcement within the next few days. #letsgo2017class

I think Haley Troup is the recent commit. ������
Interesting....
Old 07-15-2016, 12:24 PM   #38
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 51250
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

What makes you think its her? I'm hoping its Cooks.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #39
meesh982000
4-Star

Female

meesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talons

Because Haley Troup recently started following Melanie Balcomb. ��������
Cooks is in Chile.
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:16 PM   #40
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Believe Troup was planning on a decision this month, so it would make sense from that standpoint and she was recruited by Vanderbilt, too.