CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
sporkgod50
smoovecock
gotrice?
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
Blitzkrieg
ShutTheSuccop
Canefaninsc
Flameout12
DJ Swag pat down (1239)
DJ Wonnum (522)
PJ DOZIER (478)
Ole Miss to Houston (464)
Three former Gamecoc (418)
Travis Bell's Photos (414)
SEC Tip-Off Media Da (348)
10 CFP combos Sporti (280)
WBB - Wilson selecte (220)
Dozier Signs with OK (202)
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
2018 - Dax Hollifield
SEC Tip-Off Media Days...
2018 - Jaycee Horn - Tenn
Injury Report Heading int
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Swinney shows class
Cack's Toast of the Game
Outcome-Based Goals vs Pr
2018 Commitment - Dakereo

Old 02-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #21
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 WBB - Olivia Nelson-Ododa - PF/C

Olivia visited South Carolina on 1/1/17 for the SC vs. Alabama game.. she state in her recently released blog that she has offers from "UConn, Stanford, South Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Maryland, UCLA and a lot of other schools".. she visits Georgia Tech and Georgia frequently because they're "close"..

She is undergoing an injury but she says it's not too serious. Looking forward to her next blog update as she starts visiting schools once the evaluation period is over.

Read the blog here.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #22
92Pony
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 960476
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

I wonder what the Championship may have done to convince her to come to Columbia, if anything?
92Pony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:54 PM   #23
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

New Prospects Nations piece on Nelson-Ododa from a few days ago..

https://prospectsnation.com/story/th...sts-2018-class
Old 04-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #24
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
New Prospects Nations piece on Nelson-Ododa from a few days ago..

https://prospectsnation.com/story/th...sts-2018-class
Nice read, but on a side note what is it about Texas that attracts all the taller girls? They're getting a 6'7 girl in the 2018 class and they have about 4 to 5 girls that's about 6'4 or taller currently.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:09 AM   #25
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post
Nice read, but on a side note what is it about Texas that attracts all the taller girls? They're getting a 6'7 girl in the 2018 class and they have about 4 to 5 girls that's about 6'4 or taller currently.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Well, a lot of those players are from Texas, that state just has a depth of talent that no other state has right now... so there's that. Texas is also a great school and Austin is pretty cool. They also have a good basketball program and Aston is a good coach.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:18 AM   #26
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
Well, a lot of those players are from Texas, that state just has a depth of talent that no other state has right now... so there's that. Texas is also a great school and Austin is pretty cool. They also have a good basketball program and Aston is a good coach.
I agree that Texas is a good program and so is their coach, I just find it odd that about half their roster (6 players ) are 6'3" or taller. And actually only 2 of those players are native Texas.
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:12 PM   #27
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Just released a top-12..

South Carolina, UConn, Maryland, North Carolina, Georgia, Ohio State, Duke, Notre Dame, UCLA, Tennessee, Florida State and Stanford.

This is going to be a fun battle..
Old 05-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #28
meesh982000
Blue Chip

Female

meesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talons

It was cool to see South Carolina win the national title last month.

Of course Coach (Dawn) Staley is one of the coaches recruiting me and to talk to her after she won was really cool.

That’s a big goal of mine when I get to college so to hear about that night and see them win was cool.
https://t.co/ZGWKmTHuVh
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:52 PM   #29
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Any word on her announcement date?
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #30
Truly Cocky
Anonymous

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Any word on her announcement date?
No word I'm sure.

Still the same top 12 for her.

Blue Star Basketball lists a top 4 for her [Georgia, Ohio State, South Carolina, Tennessee]

Everybody's thinking from what is being said around the country is that it's probably gonna end up a Georgia/South Carolina battle. Maybe Tennessee tries to make a run, and Ohio State is gonna promise early playing time (because they have as of right now 4 total players after this season with no 2017 commitments/signees), but I'd potentially watch out for Florida State if anyone's going to try to get into making it into that top 4. Especially with her good friend Morgan Jones committing to Florida State recently.

Last edited by Truly Cocky; 07-09-2017 at 03:30 PM..
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:39 AM   #31
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

She sure is keeping quiet on what's happening right now. Did she visit any schools this summer?
USCharleston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #32
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
She sure is keeping quiet on what's happening right now. Did she visit any schools this summer?
Visits starting soon. She spent the summer rehabbing and training. Didn't play AAU ball..
Old 08-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #33
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Happy Birthday Olivia Nelson-Ododa
Old 08-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #34
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 675575501
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

I get so nervous opening these threads nowadays lol. Hoping for good news on the recruiting front
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #35
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

No one post again unless it's DG or she commits thanks in advance...
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #36
Cockfather
Walk On

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

From Raoul's twitter:

WBB: Olivia Nelson-Ododa (GA-2018) cuts her list to six
UConn
Duke
Florida State
Georgia
South Carolina
Stanford
usatodayhss.com/2017/the-olivi…
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #37
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106487138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
No one post again unless it's DG or she commits thanks in advance...
You're welcome
Old 09-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #38
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

What a list can go either way
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #39
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

By: Olivia Nelson-Ododa | September 5, 2017
Winder-Barrow (Winder, Ga.) forward Olivia Nelson-Ododa is the top ranked player in the ESPN HoopGurlz 100 for 2018 and has everyone from Connecticut to South Carolina to Maryland and many others all giving chase. Now Nelson-Ododa has agreed to give USA TODAY exclusive access into her world by chronicling everything from intimate details about her recruitment to her everyday life in a blog.

Hey guys I’m back with my fourth blog!

Just to give you an update on my knee injury; I’m still rehabbing, but a couple weeks ago I tested myself to kinda see where I was at. I’m expected to be in the clear to do practices, trainings and workouts by the end of the month.

I’m so excited about that!

I rehab every day in Athens and at my school so I’m getting there.

It’s been rough because my knee is actually fully healed it’s just the strength in my quad. I focus on quad strength doing lots of single-led squats, core work and I keep my upper body strong too.

It’s tough mentally because part of me wants to be on the court as soon as possible and then there’s another part saying don’t rush it.

I think overall I’ve gotten tougher mentally having to go through all of this; just reflecting on everything and watching games to see how people play as opposed to playing all the time.

As most of you guys saw yesterday I cut my list to six in no particular order: Georgia, Florida State, Duke, Stanford, South Carolina and UConn.

With Duke they have great coaches and what really interests me, besides their great program, is their medical school and their academics. Same with Stanford; amazing program, amazing coaches and great academics.

I really want to get to know Florida State’s coach more.

There’s so much going on with their program and they’re doing great things so I want to know a lot more about them. Georgia is the closest school to me and I’ve developed a great relationship with Coach Taylor. I’ve seen a lot of practices and they’re looking really good.

With South Carolina and UConn, I’ve seen so much success with their programs and the players in the programs. I want to get to know the coaches even better and see what all they have to offer.

I’m happy with my list right now; it’s a lot more manageable. Now I can focus on building better relationships with the coaches and going more in depth with everyone.

I haven’t set any visits yet, but I think I’ll be doing some in-homes soon. I have to set those up.

I’m excited about our team this year. We have a really strong senior class; seven of us have been playing more than four years together.

Our sophomore year we went to the state championship game and lost, then last year we went to the Elite 8 so everyone is very focused this year.

We want to get it done!

I’ve been in school for about a month right now and things are going pretty well.

The most difficult class I have is Spanish III. It’s tough, but I’ve gotta get through it.

OK so I have to tell you guys that I don’t watch Grey’s Anatomy anymore. Haha! I know I talked about it a lot in my last couple of blogs, but I just didn’t stay with it.

OK thanks for reading and I’ll talk to you guys next time!

Don’t forget to follow Olivia Nelson-Ododa:

Twitter: @OliviaKNelson

Instagram: olivianelson_17
Old 09-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #40
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
By: Olivia Nelson-Ododa | September 5, 2017
Winder-Barrow (Winder, Ga.) forward Olivia Nelson-Ododa is the top ranked player in the ESPN HoopGurlz 100 for 2018 and has everyone from Connecticut to South Carolina to Maryland and many others all giving chase. Now Nelson-Ododa has agreed to give USA TODAY exclusive access into her world by chronicling everything from intimate details about her recruitment to her everyday life in a blog.

Hey guys Iím back with my fourth blog!

Just to give you an update on my knee injury; Iím still rehabbing, but a couple weeks ago I tested myself to kinda see where I was at. Iím expected to be in the clear to do practices, trainings and workouts by the end of the month.

Iím so excited about that!

I rehab every day in Athens and at my school so Iím getting there.

Itís been rough because my knee is actually fully healed itís just the strength in my quad. I focus on quad strength doing lots of single-led squats, core work and I keep my upper body strong too.

Itís tough mentally because part of me wants to be on the court as soon as possible and then thereís another part saying donít rush it.

I think overall Iíve gotten tougher mentally having to go through all of this; just reflecting on everything and watching games to see how people play as opposed to playing all the time.

As most of you guys saw yesterday I cut my list to six in no particular order: Georgia, Florida State, Duke, Stanford, South Carolina and UConn.

With Duke they have great coaches and what really interests me, besides their great program, is their medical school and their academics. Same with Stanford; amazing program, amazing coaches and great academics.

I really want to get to know Florida Stateís coach more.

Thereís so much going on with their program and theyíre doing great things so I want to know a lot more about them. Georgia is the closest school to me and Iíve developed a great relationship with Coach Taylor. Iíve seen a lot of practices and theyíre looking really good.

With South Carolina and UConn, Iíve seen so much success with their programs and the players in the programs. I want to get to know the coaches even better and see what all they have to offer.

Iím happy with my list right now; itís a lot more manageable. Now I can focus on building better relationships with the coaches and going more in depth with everyone.

I havenít set any visits yet, but I think Iíll be doing some in-homes soon. I have to set those up.

Iím excited about our team this year. We have a really strong senior class; seven of us have been playing more than four years together.

Our sophomore year we went to the state championship game and lost, then last year we went to the Elite 8 so everyone is very focused this year.

We want to get it done!

Iíve been in school for about a month right now and things are going pretty well.

The most difficult class I have is Spanish III. Itís tough, but Iíve gotta get through it.

OK so I have to tell you guys that I donít watch Greyís Anatomy anymore. Haha! I know I talked about it a lot in my last couple of blogs, but I just didnít stay with it.

OK thanks for reading and Iíll talk to you guys next time!

Donít forget to follow Olivia Nelson-Ododa:

Twitter: @OliviaKNelson

Instagram: olivianelson_17
Here's the link to her blog for those that want it... link