CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeCocky2001
gotrice?
2k15
Ace Dilcock
6pack
TAFC 5 1981
GamecockSuperFan
TaySC
ShutTheSuccop
STR82HELL
2018 WBB - Cate Rees (317)
Michigander can't wa (256)
2019 - Akeem Dent (227)
Darius Rucker Gets S (221)
2019 - Jeremiah Payt (206)
Skynyrd Biopic (159)
Chris Pine's New Rol (88)
Muschamp: Only going to
*** 2017 Carolina Panther
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
NFL Draft 2017
2018 - Dax Hollifield
2018 - Tyler Shough
Who starts at cornerback?
Biggest Impact Player com
2018 WBB - Cate Reese - F
2018 WBB - Rhyne Howard -

Old 03-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #61
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillygamecock View Post
This is what the team looks like in 2018 - 2019 based solely on seniority. I think we look for another guard and a post player to finish off the class. That would give us a total of 14 players assuming no transfers.

1 - Harris (Jr), Bradshaw (Jr), Henderson (Fr)
2 - Patrick (Jr), Troup (So)
3 - Cliney (Sr), Grisett (So), Jackson (So)
4 - Herbert-Harrigan (Jr), Williams (So)
5 - Jennings (Sr)
If we added another guard and a post player to what's above then that gives us 13 players. We can take as many as 5 players in 2018.. I think Dawn will take at least 4. There are currently 13 players not committed to any school in the top 25. I know for sure that SC is currently involved with 9 of them, including the last 5 of the uncommitted players in the top 10 (with the #10 player, Henderson, already committed).

Tennessee was in a similar situation last year and pulled in a record class... I think SC will do something similar this year (or, I'm hoping we will at least). I think when it's all said and done we add three more players to Henderson... I'm not comfortable enough yet to say who those three will probably be... but I believe it's going to be another bigger guard (5'10-6'2) and two bigs (1 post and a versatile power forward)
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #62
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
If we added another guard and a post player to what's above then that gives us 13 players. We can take as many as 5 players in 2018.. I think Dawn will take at least 4. There are currently 13 players not committed to any school in the top 25. I know for sure that SC is currently involved with 9 of them, including the last 5 of the uncommitted players in the top 10 (with the #10 player, Henderson, already committed).

Tennessee was in a similar situation last year and pulled in a record class... I think SC will do something similar this year (or, I'm hoping we will at least). I think when it's all said and done we add three more players to Henderson... I'm not comfortable enough yet to say who those three will probably be... but I believe it's going to be another bigger guard (5'10-6'2) and two bigs (1 post and a versatile power forward)
I hope you're right and we pull in a class loaded with top 10 players. Dawn's resumé is looking very good and any top player should feel honored to play for her. Go get'em Dawn!
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #63
Phillygamecock
4-Star

Male

Phillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post

Yeah I meant 13 players. I think we might take a class of 4 if those players are top 25 caliber. One of the reasons I think we're doing so well this year is Dawn basically uses an 8 player rotation in games. This has allowed the starters to really gel together and I think that's paying off now. I don't think we need a team of 14-15 where most players aren't even playing meaningful minutes.
Phillygamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #64
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

UPDATE: ESPN #2 overall player and #1 guard, Christyn Williams, has cut South Carolina and Arkansas from her top 7.

She now has a top 5 of Baylor, UConn, Notre Dame, Tennessee and UCLA.

Wish she could've been a Gamecock but good luck to her wherever her future takes her!
Old 03-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #65
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

UPDATE: according to this article, the "top choices" for ESPN #47 overall player, Brinae Alexander... Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and Georgia Tech.

I think she's Kentucky bound.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #66
TaySC
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Very discouraging seeing so many of the elite cutting USC from their lists.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #67
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2359700828
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Very discouraging seeing so many of the elite cutting USC from their lists.
Can't sign em all. As long as we get our share of top talent we're fine.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #68
Phillygamecock
4-Star

Male

Phillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudlyPhillygamecock is crowing loudly

We're still in the running for a few top 10 players. I really want Nelson-Ododa though.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #69
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
We're still in the running for a few top 10 players. I really want Nelson-Ododa though.
Give me a class of Nelson-Ododa, NaLyssa Smith, Destanni Henderson and 1 (or 2) more from Honesty Scott-Grayson, Elizabeth Balogun or Zarielle Green and I would be ecstatic.

I would LOVE to see SC pull Smith and Green out of the state of Texas though.

FWIW, I heard that Nelson-Ododa visited unofficially again for the 2nd time and that Scott-Grayson was here a few weeks ago with her dad. When we had our sellout for that last home game where we won the regular season, McCray tweeted about having a "special guest" on campus... has to be one of the two, right?
Old 03-12-2017, 04:54 PM   #70
Phillygamecock
4-Star

Male

Green or Balogun would be nice as tall & athletic shooting guards. I thought Scott-Grayson was more of a PG and I'm not sure we take another one with 3 on the roster already (Harris, Bradshaw, Henderson). On the other hand, we've seen Staley go with Harris & Cuevas-Moore together as I think she likes having two primary ball handlers handle opposing defenses.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:21 AM   #71
DorchesterGamecock
Two Deep

Male

UPDATE: ESPN #12 overall and #3 guard, Zarielle Green, released her official top 5 last night.

South Carolina, Georgia, UCLA, Kansas, Texas A&M

I like our chances.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #72
allnet43
Walk On

Male

allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws

Hoping we land her, another top talented guard who can score from deep....
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #73
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

FLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spurs

Come on young ladies! Come join the current National Champs, help us bring home multiple titles, play for the largest crowd in your sport, Olympic team coach, etc.

Last edited by FLgamecockJAX; 04-03-2017 at 06:50 AM..
FLgamecockJAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:15 AM   #74
CoastCocky
Game MVP

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

If they don't wanna come here, it's their right to want to play for losers.

Natty.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #75
Ironfan
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 0
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Dawn can sell the competition vs UConn angle now.
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:23 PM   #76
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5000
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

ESPN #48, #8 Post Danielle Cosgrove committed to Notre Dame.

USC was among her finalists.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #77
Phillygamecock
4-Star

Male

https://twitter.com/dawnstaley/statu...76901474979841

Tweet from Dawn in reply to someone else: Got some special birdies on campus we are trying to nest.....or else I'd be there!

I wonder who these could be?
Old 04-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #78
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

O NO!
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #79
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2359700828
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
O NO!
Why the "O No!"?
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #80
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5000
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Quote:
https://twitter.com/dawnstaley/statu...76901474979841

Tweet from Dawn in reply to someone else: Got some special birdies on campus we are trying to nest.....or else I'd be there!

I wonder who these could be?
Based on her twitter last night, it looks like NaLyssa Smith is one of them.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote