CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
Spurticus
kingofnerf
GregoryHouse
WeCocky2001
gamecock88
uscjeremynca
Eug Cock
Three and Out
Y Formation
Figger, Maybe Gone (1277)
Did Kotsar make bigg (1056)
Wall Street Journal (970)
Kentucky Fans Hit A (747)
Sin is MOP, So Far (593)
Athlon Sports - Rank (546)
Did Anyone Cry After (546)
South Carolina spons (390)
Real Final Four Roll (352)
Asheville (326)
Phoenix Women's Game Watc
Sin is MOP, So Far
Tournament replays
Martin has matured, time
In-Town Final Four Viewin
Reading Other Message Boa
2018 - Quin Williams
Did Anyone Cry After the
Spring Game Visitors?
Real Final Four Rollcall

Old 10-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
unccgamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
unccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Nintendo Switch

What do you all think? Pretty cool concept . . . I've already got a X1 and PS4 and need to play less video games but it's still innovative and different!

http://www.nintendo.com/switch
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:41 AM   #2
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Nintendo Switch

I will be buying.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Wow, if the performance matches the other consoles then this is a game changer. Definitely cool to see Skyrim on a Nintendo console running slick graphics.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Wow, if the performance matches the other consoles then this is a game changer. Definitely cool to see Skyrim on a Nintendo console running slick graphics.
I think the fact that Skyrim is a feature/impressive game on the console is telling. I realize you can take it handheld, but keep in mind this is still a game that was released going on 5 years ago now. Going on the timeline between Skyrim and Oblvion, we could be expecting a new Elder Scrolls game by the end of next year. How will this console handle games like that if it's supposedly impressive that it can play 5 year old games?
Old 10-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #5
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I think the fact that Skyrim is a feature/impressive game on the console is telling. I realize you can take it handheld, but keep in mind this is still a game that was released going on 5 years ago now. Going on the timeline between Skyrim and Oblvion, we could be expecting a new Elder Scrolls game by the end of next year. How will this console handle games like that if it's supposedly impressive that it can play 5 year old games?
They just released a remastered version this week. FWIW
Old 10-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #6
E&I Cock
Walk On

Male

E&I Cock is sharpening his clawsE&I Cock is sharpening his clawsE&I Cock is sharpening his clawsE&I Cock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
They just released a remastered version this week. FWIW
All the texture mods for pc still look way better than this remaster.
E&I Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:50 AM   #7
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 200
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

I feel bad for Nintendo. They can't compete with Sony and Microsoft in the premium console space. They have to compete on price (i.e., hardware that is much less powerful).

Their handhelds were their moneymaker, but with phones/tablets taking over now, the handheld space is shrinking. So they're trying to combine it with a home console, and settle for a weaker console.

Sorry. Not interested. Third parties will target their premiere games for the premium consoles. Porting over old games, or having less-attractive versions of new games, isn't gonna cut it.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:32 AM   #8
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-SEC

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Meanwhile xbox one S just pushed an update to support bitstream audio with the capability to output Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for both games and movies as well as 4K HDR video...

Ill take that over a hand held /console thing...
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:46 AM   #9
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Interesting concept, but the above comment about devs only developing their premiere games for the premium consoles is correct. This is going to wind up going the same way as the WiiU and it'll only be worthwhile for Nintendo enthusiasts that enjoy their first party titles. The mobility will attract to a lot of people, but while we don't have some details there have been suggestions that gaming battery life is a mere 3-4 hours, which is terrible. Also judging by the rumored GPU they're using it will most certainly not match the power of X1 or PS4.

Side note: they advertised it running Skyrim while Skyrim isn't even confirmed in development for the console.

I wish Nintendo would pull a SEGA and start making money again by putting their IPs on third party consoles.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #10
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
Interesting concept, but the above comment about devs only developing their premiere games for the premium consoles is correct. This is going to wind up going the same way as the WiiU and it'll only be worthwhile for Nintendo enthusiasts that enjoy their first party titles. The mobility will attract to a lot of people, but while we don't have some details there have been suggestions that gaming battery life is a mere 3-4 hours, which is terrible. Also judging by the rumored GPU they're using it will most certainly not match the power of X1 or PS4.

Side note: they advertised it running Skyrim while Skyrim isn't even confirmed in development for the console.

I wish Nintendo would pull a SEGA and start making money again by putting their IPs on third party consoles.
I agree with this. If Sony was able to buy out Nintendo and turn Nintendo's first party titles into Sony exclusives they would dominate the market. I only say Sony because I feel like Microsoft would have a harder time acquiring a Japanese company than Sony would.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #11
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Quote:
I agree with this. If Sony was able to buy out Nintendo and turn Nintendo's first party titles into Sony exclusives they would dominate the market. I only say Sony because I feel like Microsoft would have a harder time acquiring a Japanese company than Sony would.
Gamers are better off with options.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:46 PM   #12
unccgamecock
4-Star

Male

unccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPitunccgamecock rules the CockPit

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/13/14...ands-on-photos
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:31 PM   #13
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't want MS or Sony buying out Nintendo. I want Nintendo to restructure themselves as a third party developer/publisher for consoles and still hold their footprint as the primary true mobile gaming platform.

Conglomerates are a bad thing in the entertainment industry - innovation from other companies inspires their competitors to work harder. You should see how Sony handled themselves after acquiring a massive PlayStation market with the PS2 into how they managed the first few years of the PS3. They seemed to get complacent and allowed Microsoft to come back and dominate some markets with the 360. The flip is happening this gen (due to Xbox forgetting it's a gaming platform for the X1 reveal), but I honestly see Sony returning to their PS3 management ways whereas Xbox couldn't have more of a "for the gamer" approach right now. Sony fans can argue more exclusive games all day, but their management decisions (no EA Access, only BC option is pay-to-play, etc) are definitely looking like the old Sony.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:37 AM   #14
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
No. With Microsoft struggling, I don't want one company in the market. There's too much market power.

Even the Microsoft-supporting websites are saying Microsoft's prognosis in the gaming world is bad.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:20 AM   #15
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
I don't want MS or Sony buying out Nintendo. I want Nintendo to restructure themselves as a third party developer/publisher for consoles and still hold their footprint as the primary true mobile gaming platform.

Conglomerates are a bad thing in the entertainment industry - innovation from other companies inspires their competitors to work harder. You should see how Sony handled themselves after acquiring a massive PlayStation market with the PS2 into how they managed the first few years of the PS3. They seemed to get complacent and allowed Microsoft to come back and dominate some markets with the 360. The flip is happening this gen (due to Xbox forgetting it's a gaming platform for the X1 reveal), but I honestly see Sony returning to their PS3 management ways whereas Xbox couldn't have more of a "for the gamer" approach right now. Sony fans can argue more exclusive games all day, but their management decisions (no EA Access, only BC option is pay-to-play, etc) are definitely looking like the old Sony.
It's what I hope AMD does against Intel, and Nvidia in the PC market. Time to get better priced products that kick azz, instead of a 5-10% upgrade every few years.

Don't know if the Switch is worth 300 bucks, guess the market will decide.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:01 AM   #16
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 19837857
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

I already pre-ordered mine. I commute to work by train every day and this thing is great for that. I also work super late at the office frequently (i.e., right now) and having this thing for breaks would be nice.

I also travel for work. Skyrim or Zelda on a 3 hour flight? Yes please.

Not to mention, once we know details on the Virtual Console, I'll be able to have a classic games library with me wherever I want to go.

I'm really excited for it.

My list of games that I know I'm looking forward to playing on it:
-Zelda: Breath of the Wild (launch title)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28)
-Rime (spring)
-Splatoon 2 (summer)
-Mario Odyssey (holiday 2017)
-Fire Emblem (just announced today for 2018)
-Pokemon Stars (date not yet announced)
-Yooka-Laylee (date not yet announced)
-Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers (date not yet announced)

Dragon Quest XI, Skyrim, Snipperclips and Xenoblade 2 could also hook me.
Nintendo has also all but confirmed that a new Metroid game is also on the way.
Then there's Virtual Console.

All told, that's PLENTY for me to feel OK investing in this thing. I'll have no shortage of stuff to play wherever I go over the next year.

Even better, a lot of these games (Mario Kart, e.g.) are games that I don't want to play for an hour at a time. A quick 15 minute play session is great and if I can just grab the system in my hands and play without launching up a home console on the TV, I think I'm more likely to get a little play time in.

GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #17
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Zelda is getting perfect reviews. The game looks beautiful. A lot of people on Twitch are streaming it.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #18
ThisMr X
Game MVP

Male

ThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPit

I'm hyped, I don't know how I feel about the joycons though. All the accessories are expensive. Will have to get the pro controller.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #19
ut_vols13
4-Star

Male

ut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPit

Target in Mt. Pleasant had a line and sold all 17 consoles they had immediately. $400+ console, Zelda game and pro controller.
ut_vols13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #20
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 900
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Nintendo seems to have a habit of releasing some blah consoles, then everyone writes them of for dead, they follow it up with a totally groundbreaking concept.

Going back to N64
Gamecube
Wii
WiiU
And now this.

Can they recapture their mojo for about the 4th or 5th time with the switch?