CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SwampFox
Three and Out
CoastCocky
Ironfan
Gamecocks1137
gotrice?
sandstorm2001
Captain9Dragons
The Yancey
JerseyBird
Any word on who the (1171)
Apathy (594)
Friendship Or Politi (311)
25 Pictures that Sho (203)
Blaze Pizza (186)
Inspiration from Spo (179)
Inspiration from Sports
2018 - Ernest Jones
Former Players In Coachin
NCAA Staff Size Legislati
Blaze Pizza
Who starts at cornerback?
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 WBB - Aquira DeCosta
2018 - Dorian Thompson-Ro
**GAME #3 (24-14) vs. Flo

Old 12-13-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb
Default Which console to buy?

I am thinking about getting my niece (11yo) and my nephew (8yo) a game system but can't decide which one. I have a PS4 and love it. I will likely never switch to an Xbox. That being said, what do you all think is the better one all around? I don't get to play near as much over the last couple of years so I am a little out of the loop.

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a fanboy thread. I'm just looking nfor some knowledge of the pros and cons of each. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #2
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Which console to buy?

I was a PS guy for years. My PS3 crapped out and I think I will be buying an Xbox 1s. I think the HDR gaming, Atomos support, and Xbox Anywhere are the biggest selling points for me.

Of course, a year from now it will be obsolete.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

From what I've read PS4 won this generation, so it might be more likely more of their friends have that. If they are that young though they might like Kinect games for xbox.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
CockyDevil
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1539
CockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot material

I've got the ps4 and love it. My only complaint is the crappy network card makes wireless online connection much slower than it should be. I have no children or experience with the Xbox One, so I couldn't tell you much about it. I know that ps4 has a lot more independent developer content that might be suitable for kids.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #5
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Just get them both bigspenda
Old 12-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #6
chi3fcocksman
Fanatic

Male

CockyCash: 100292
chi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot materialchi3fcocksman is USC mascot material

I have both and I am still not pleased with the game choices hopefully more are coming..
Old 12-16-2016, 06:43 PM   #7
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

I went with the xbox1. I decided to just try it since I have a PS4. Then I'll have an opinion one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #8
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi3fcocksman View Post
I have both and I am still not pleased with the game choices hopefully more are coming..
?

Lots of great games out there...what are you waiting for?
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote