CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
smoovecock
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
Ace Dilcock
TastyLicks
carolina_corpsman
Lonnie
Spur's Addiction
2k15
Clemson opponents av (1681)
Cocks vs Taters Bett (1219)
My favorite Justin K (994)
Will USC Score >2 (985)
Dear Muschamp: Not (576)
CFN Team ranking 1-1 (400)
#600 (211)
Goergia Dome Collaps (167)
Tater Game Ticket Pr (37)
2 Tater Game tickets (25)
Tater Game Ticket Prices
Raise For Champ
2018 - Channing Tindall
Gamecocks Ranked 28th in
#114 in Total Offense
CFN Team ranking 1-130
Clemson
Jerry Meyers out as USC p
Clemson opponents avg rec
Bowl Talk....

Old 02-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #21
ut_vols13
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
ut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Freedom from Cable TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
My problem with these streaming services (Vue, Sling, DirectNOW, etc) is they are around $30-50 alone. Add a solid internet connection ($50) and taxes...and I'm back around the $120 I pay now to my cable company.

I just hate cable companies.

We really only watch sports and then stream Netflix/Amazon/Hulu when we want. We hardly watch anything live and if we did, we could solve that with an antenna.

Are there any packages that do MAINLY sports (ESPN networks, FOXSports, NFL, etc) with a few silly extras like USA, CNN, Lifetime, etc? I'm talking $20 or less...anything?

You can try Kodi. I have heard mixed reviews. A few links I will post is from the UK but will probably be here in the US soon.

https://kodi.tv/

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk...ail/story.html

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15106...g_about_Kodi_/

http://www.androidcentral.com/kodi-o...-android-users
ut_vols13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #22
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ut_vols13 View Post
You can try Kodi. I have heard mixed reviews. A few links I will post is from the UK but will probably be here in the US soon.

https://kodi.tv/

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk...ail/story.html

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15106...g_about_Kodi_/

http://www.androidcentral.com/kodi-o...-android-users
I'm familiar with Kodi, just haven't used it in a couple years...from what I remember, it sucked with live sports since it basically just pulled streams from other publically available sites that had shitty feeds.

Has this changed or can I really watch the Padres vs Rangers on their local network channel and switch to a local NHL game in Columbia OH after, for example?

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #23
ut_vols13
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
ut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPit

Quote:
I'm familiar with Kodi, just haven't used it in a couple years...from what I remember, it sucked with live sports since it basically just pulled streams from other publically available sites that had shitty feeds.

Has this changed or can I really watch the Padres vs Rangers on their local network channel and switch to a local NHL game in Columbia OH after, for example?

Not 100% sure
ut_vols13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:50 PM   #24
myrtsmom
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
myrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talonsmyrtsmom has developed his gaff and talons

I have a few quick questions regarding the streaming packages.

1. I'm a big soccer fan, and have therefore been a DirecTV customer for many years due to their sports channels. When the English Premiere League games are broadcast, the key matchup is usually shown on NBCSN (Channel 220), but you can watch other matchups in the 490 channels. Are those same channels included as part of the NBCSN offering in the streaming packages?

2. When you get a sports network such as ESPN as part of the package, do you get the regional coverage of events just like you do through regular broadcasts?

3. Does anyone know if SportsSouth is available through Vue?

I appreciate any feedback.

Last edited by myrtsmom; 02-22-2017 at 09:08 PM..
myrtsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #25
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
My problem with these streaming services (Vue, Sling, DirectNOW, etc) is they are around $30-50 alone. Add a solid internet connection ($50) and taxes...and I'm back around the $120 I pay now to my cable company.

I just hate cable companies.

We really only watch sports and then stream Netflix/Amazon/Hulu when we want. We hardly watch anything live and if we did, we could solve that with an antenna.

Are there any packages that do MAINLY sports (ESPN networks, FOXSports, NFL, etc) with a few silly extras like USA, CNN, Lifetime, etc? I'm talking $20 or less...anything?
I didn't see all of the FCC fees and taxes on either my internet only or psvue bills. I remember remarking upon their absence. But yeah, personally was probably only saving 1/3. But they don't jack up the rate on you and make it hard to cancel. Definitely looking forward to another high speed ISP though. Was hoping for google fiber, but it looks like they may be slowing down or stopping.
LegalCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:05 AM   #26
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 6000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtsmom View Post
I have a few quick questions regarding the streaming packages.

1. I'm a big soccer fan, and have therefore been a DirecTV customer for many years due to their sports channels. When the English Premiere League games are broadcast, the key matchup is usually shown on NBCSN (Channel 220), but you can watch other matchups in the 490 channels. Are those same channels included as part of the NBCSN offering in the streaming packages?

2. When you get a sports network such as ESPN as part of the package, do you get the regional coverage of events just like you do through regular broadcasts?

3. Does anyone know if SportsSouth is available through Vue?

I appreciate any feedback.
pretty sure they had fox sports south in my package. Noticed multiple premier league games on at once but that may have been on NBCSN and CNBC. As recommended above, you could consider the 30 day free trial. You can cancel the service online relatively easily without spending 2 hours on hold.
LegalCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:27 PM   #27
BigSpenda864
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

I just found out Charter (which is the fastest internet for me) has no data cap for my location in downtown Greenville.That solves that problem. Worst case scenario, I can always go back to Uverse or cable if I don't like the freedom!!!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #28
scdaze03
Beast in the East

Male

scdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudly

Quote:

I watch Kodi for movies only because I dont expect high quality videos on a movie that is not older than a few months. I haven't had much luck watching sports with Kodi yet.
scdaze03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
Roosterdog
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Has anyone used a jailbroken firestick? Thoughts? Opinions?
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #30
scdaze03
Beast in the East

Male

scdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudlyscdaze03 is crowing loudly

I cut the cord over 3 years again and haven't looked back.

I have standard internet with TWC and use my own modem/router to save on the monthly lease fees. My internet speed is 15Mbps download and seems to work pretty good. I use Netflix and Hula for movies and have local channels for $15.00 via TWC. I use my Brothers login to watchespn if a game is on I would like to watch. My monthly bill went from $280 to less than $70.00 per month.

Internet $34.99

Hula $7.99

Netflix $8.99

Taxes/fees round it up to $70 ish

Twc Local channel tier $15.00 (I tried over the air but CBS is horrible OTA in florence for some reason)
scdaze03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #31
gamecocks24
4-Star

Male

gamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
Not the firestick, but I bought an android box from Amazon that had Kodi on it. I had a little luck with movies, but as far as getting everything else like everyone claimed you could, I had no luck. After looking up several videos on Youtube on how to get every channel for free and having zero luck, I sent it back.

Apparently someone will develop a new program/app to let you get all of the channels and then it will get shut down so you're constantly having to search for a new one. Not worth the hassle for me.
gamecocks24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:13 PM   #32
treyno2722
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5200
treyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPittreyno2722 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
I used a jailbroken firestick. I had very little luck with movies. I was able to watch a few hockey games, a few nba games but no nfl games. It was fun to play with the different channels but this is not a replacement for cable tv.
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:16 PM   #33
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 885200
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

I can get any channel, any sport, any movie I want with my firestick. I love it
InletCock1989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:20 PM   #34
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Here is my dilemma and please interject and offer advice:

1. I need the disney and Nick, Jr channels for the kids
2. I need ESPN
3. What about other channels like AMC, food network, ION, etc.

Thanks
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #35
gamecocks24
4-Star

Male

gamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPitgamecocks24 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Here is my dilemma and please interject and offer advice:

1. I need the disney and Nick, Jr channels for the kids
2. I need ESPN
3. What about other channels like AMC, food network, ION, etc.

Thanks
Sling, DirectvNow or wait to see what Hulu Live will have.
gamecocks24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:54 PM   #36
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 333
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb

Time warner has a $14.99/month internet. It's only 3mbps, and I was skeptical, but I've been able to stream just fine and save a ton of money. My experiences is that the sling app sucks but watchespn app never has any problems
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:09 AM   #37
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3219686766
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Cancel your cable, wait five minutes, call back and reorder everything. You'll get a great rate bc now you're a new customer.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:36 AM   #38
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 93421921
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
I can get any channel, any sport, any movie I want with my firestick. I love it
Firestick is the device. What services do you use on it to get any sport or any channel?
Old 02-26-2017, 08:10 AM   #39
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1119 View Post
Time warner has a $14.99/month internet. It's only 3mbps, and I was skeptical, but I've been able to stream just fine and save a ton of money. My experiences is that the sling app sucks but watchespn app never has any problems
How is the picture quality? General rule of thumb is 5-8 mbps for HD streaming.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:12 AM   #40
USCGrad2003
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1200
USCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming in

I cut cable about 6 months and haven't looked back.

We were paying about 250 per month up here in N Va for the bundle (tv, internet and phone).

We were also paying for netflix and amazon prime.

I bought an over the air antenna to pick up all the network channels. Subscribed to Sling TV to get SEC Network and kept amazon and netflix. I tripled my internet speed, cut cable and cut the phone. I am paying a fraction of the price.

We use the Roku even though we have smart tvs and gaming consoles... been real happy with it.

There are so many options out there.
USCGrad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote