CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NAGamec0ckFan
kingofnerf
TKE226
Captain9Dragons
AR1
Spur's Addiction
The Yancey
Senior Rooster
GregoryHouse
SterlingBrooks
Can we run the ball? (2261)
Congratulations (1593)
Uniforms vs Clemson (1532)
South Carolina (714)
Mike Leach on CFP (645)
This Egg Bowl might (293)
GameDay Kickoff: The (285)
FCC to end net neutr (247)
PODCAST: Clemson Wee (184)
Tailgating with dogs (180)
Uniforms vs Clemson
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Clemson opponents avg rec
Mike Leach on CFP
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
Can we run the ball?
Will USC Score >21 vs
South Carolina
2018 - Dorian Gerald

Old 03-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #21
zappa
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2009100
zappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who/What was the first Concert you attended Live

1976,Aerosmith,Carolina Coliseum.Also the first time I caught a buzz.
zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #22
talon
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5200
talon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot material

76 eagles with buffet as the opening act
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #23
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa View Post
1976,Aerosmith,Carolina Coliseum.Also the first time I caught a buzz.
I remember that show .... about a week before Christmas I think it was. My
Ex Wife's sister bought us the tickets as a Christmas present and gave them
to us early so we could go. Hell of a show that night !
Old 03-02-2017, 04:48 PM   #24
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Vanilla Ice
Columbia, SC 1991
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:09 PM   #25
St. Louis Gamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
St. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPit

Saw Tommy James and the Shondells 1971 at the Pier at Folly Beach - I was a soph in high school.
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #26
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post
The Beatles in Atlanta. Their only southern tour. 1965, I was 10.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #27
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Black Flag
Saccharine Trust
Roach Motel
& The Abusers

May 21, 1983, Finders Lounge, Ft. Lauderdale FL

Rollins' third show with the band. He crawled around on the floor in a mixture of broken glass and beer. There was a riot on the beach afterwards, police everywhere.

I was 15 years old.

Kiss the ring.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #28
doc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 40000000
doc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPitdoc rules the CockPit

Brenda Lee at Eielson AFB in Alaska. She was doing a USO tour,
I think it was 1961 and it cost 50 cents.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #29
PyroPepper
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2001000000
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

I've been asked this before, and I honestly cannot remember, although I am certain that it was at the coliseum. Maybe the Isley Brothers, around '77, or it could have been KISS before that.

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #30
longhaul
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
longhaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot material

7 Seconds at The Music Farm
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #31
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Beach Boys

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #32
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 4400
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
It's funny because I remember the Beatles coming through the South and the
concert they had in Atlanta, I was 11 at that time. I listened to their music and
liked it like the rest of the country at the time, but I also remember thinking to
myself "Why in the hell was everyone acting that crazy over these guys" ? Their
music was good but I couldn't understand the screaming, fainting crying and the
fanatical rush to the stores to buy their albums and paraphernalia the way most
of the country did. I got more into the Byrds and the Stones when they first
hit the charts than I did the Beatles ..........Until I got into my early and mid
teens. I started to realize what a FORCE these guys were, and what they had
done to the Rock Music industry. By then they had stopped touring and were
slowing falling apart as a band from personal issues. Wish there was a way
I could have gone to that concert in Atlanta and seen them that one time.
At the time watching them on TV and seeing the girls go crazy and passing out I thought was fake. In the ball park they were climbing over the walls and trying to run to the stage. The girls were passing out and everyone was screaming and the heads were gyrating. I could not believe it was real.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #33
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 4400
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Thank you sir. My dad took my two cousins who were visiting from San Francisco and my brother and sister. He did not come in with us. They were in their teens. One of my cousins loved the Stones and begrudgingly went. lol
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:42 PM   #34
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 5500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I feel like I've posted this before but I think mine was unfortunately Foreigner on the '4' album tour...that 'Jukebox Hero' nonsense...in what I believe was 1981...holy shit was that a long time ago.

Opening act was Bryan Adams at the very beginning of he second album tour. The album before he became a house hold name with the 'Run to You' , 'Summer of 69' stuff.

I hated it...it did absolutely nothing for me...except...this was the first time I had experienced a 'rock concert'. The people watching, the girls, the juice, the first time the house lights go down and the band hits the stage and you get/feel that buzz.

Since then I have seen hundreds of live shows...I couldn't even begin to try and list them all...all over the country...big and small and everything in between...and there is still something about the whole thing that releases all the right chemicals in my brain.

Last edited by LBC; 03-02-2017 at 11:53 PM..
LBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #35
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 204080
Copperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot material

January 1978 @ Carolina Coliseum-- 13 yrs old w/ 2 friends
Name:  Kiss_Logo.svg.png
Views: 60
Size:  8.5 KB
Old 03-02-2017, 11:50 PM   #36
taylorssc
Raisinballin'

Male

CockyCash: 1000337
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Greenville Memorial Auditorium

No Doubt, Goo Goo Dolls, Bush
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #37
badfish17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 11500
badfish17 is developing his combbadfish17 is developing his combbadfish17 is developing his combbadfish17 is developing his combbadfish17 is developing his combbadfish17 is developing his combbadfish17 is developing his combbadfish17 is developing his combbadfish17 is developing his combbadfish17 is developing his comb

Jackson Victory Tour
Knoxville, TN 1984

I was six, can barely recall.

Go Gamecocks !!!
badfish17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:35 AM   #38
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Creed
Augusta, GA 1998
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #39
BeaufortCOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 550200
BeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot material

My dad is really into music and took me to a lot of concerts right around 1991-92 when I turned 11-12. Can't remember the first exactly, but I'll say McCartney at Billy-brice in 92 I think. I also saw Moody blues and the Allman brothers right about that time. Great intro to music.

Biggest miss was Front row tickets at the north Charleston coliseum for the Eagles hell freezes over tour (1994) that I wasn't allowed to go to do to a bad grade that semester in high school. He went with someone else and sat 3 feet from Felder.

I got to see the eagles two more times including the weekend after I graduated USC at the claw, but not in the front row. What a miss.

R.I.P. "White Circle" 1983-2015
BeaufortCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:43 AM   #40
BeaufortCOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 550200
BeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot materialBeaufortCOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
7 Seconds at The Music Farm
First concert, not first time having.....

R.I.P. "White Circle" 1983-2015
BeaufortCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote