CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Spur's Addiction
thekob
Spurticus
Blitzkrieg
TastyLicks
WeCocky2001
zappa
MountainCock
CoastCocky
Worst analysis of th (1304)
Notice Burned By Gon (1177)
Spring Game Visitors (876)
Wall Street Journal (779)
Did Kotsar make bigg (716)
2019 - Syheam McQue (657)
Figger, Maybe Gone (356)
Kentucky Fans Hit A (346)
Real Final Four Roll (207)
tourney run highligh (196)
Buscher Gone
Replay or Video?
Figger, Maybe Gone
I have 2 Final Four (both
Did Anyone Cry After the
Kentucky Fans Hit A New L
Notice Burned By Gonzaga
Athlon Sports - Ranking t
Nintendo Switch
Did Kotsar make biggest s

Old 03-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #41
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 900
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who/What was the first Concert you attended Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
It was either Rush or Van Halen in '91 or '92.

They played about within a week of one another at the Carolina Colosseum. I remember Primus opened for Rush.
Come think of it - It was Van Halen (or Van Hagar) in '91. For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour.

I was a junior in High School. I remember I bought their Shirt - Which said 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge 'ing Live!" Since I was like 17 I thought it was clever. Some time later my mom saw the shirt when she was doing laundry and said "Yeah you are not wearing that".

The Rush show with Primus a week later was better. I had never heard of Primus and they killed it too.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #42
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Come think of it - It was Van Halen (or Van Hagar) in '91. For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge tour.

I was a junior in High School. I remember I bought their Shirt - Which said 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge 'ing Live!" Since I was like 17 I thought it was clever. Some time later my mom saw the shirt when she was doing laundry and said "Yeah you are not wearing that".

The Rush show with Primus a week later was better. I had never heard of Primus and they killed it too.
I remember when they released that album and reading the press afterwards
about it. If you believe the hype/press, Eddie actually wanted to name the album
F**K, but got immediate and overly critical blowback from his "people" and the
producers. They knew the FCC would not allow it, so Eddie simply used the legal
definition of the word to cleverly get his intended title on the front of the LP.
Kind of a Steven Tyler thing when Aerosmith released Night In The Ruts. ... Steven wanted
to name the album Right In The Nuts, because of all the band had gone through
the year leading up to the release of that LP, and with Joe Perry pretty much telling
him and the band to kiss his ass, as he left. When he didn't get the go ahead from
his people to name it that, he just "played with the wording"
Old 03-03-2017, 09:53 AM   #43
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I remember when they released that album and reading the press afterwards
about it. If you believe the hype/press, Eddie actually wanted to name the album
F**K, but got immediate and overly critical blowback from his "people" and the
producers. They knew the FCC would not allow it, so Eddie simply used the legal
definition of the word to cleverly get his intended title on the front of the LP.
Kind of a Steven Tyler thing when Aerosmith released Night In The Ruts. ... Steven wanted
to name the album Right In The Nuts, because of all the band had gone through
the year leading up to the release of that LP, and with Joe Perry pretty much telling
him and the band to kiss his ass, as he left. When he didn't get the go ahead from
his people to name it that, he just "played with the wording"
I remember when Stone Temple Pilots first hit it big. There was a rumor going around the STP actually stood for Shirley Temple's Pussy. Not sure if that was ever true.

There are probably many more instances of bans having to change titles of songs or albums that were intended to mean something more vulgar.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #44
HHess
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 5617108
HHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudly

I'd rather not say...I'll just tell you it was at the HOB in Myrtle Beach when I was like 12-13. Took a girl I was trying to impress. Had the parents and siblings along for the ride too. It was terrible.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #45
Rooster'srule
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHess View Post
I'd rather not say...I'll just tell you it was at the HOB in Myrtle Beach when I was like 12-13. Took a girl I was trying to impress. Had the parents and siblings along for the ride too. It was terrible.
Olivia Newton-John?
Rooster'srule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #46
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 25000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Yeah, I was just a kid and saw Kiss at Greenville Memorial Auditorium. Krokus opened.

Sadly, an auditorium worker fell to his death during intermission. I saw him fall. I really couldn't process what I'd seen. Awful.

Seen many great concerts since!
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #47
dreammachine
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

This is a good one. Trying to remember that far back is really hard to do, although I did see some great groups in my early teen years and then later got to go to the larger civic centers to see the Mega-Groups.

In my early years Dick Clark came around with "His Caravan Of Stars" and I remember seeing Paul Revere & The Raiders, Herman's Hermits, Neil Diamond, Gary Lewis & The Playboys, Luvin' Spoonful, The Zombies, The Buckinghams,
? Mark & The Mysterians, The Supremes & many others that memory just can't bring to mind.

In other years (1983) saw The Beachboys, at a time when all of them were still alive (other than Brian Wilson was a no-show) and I have to say that this was one of the best concerts that I have ever been too.

Saw Allman Brothers and Charlie Daniels in Columbia, SC back in 1972 and they were great. Also, saw the Eagles twice, once with Don Felder and once in Columbia without Don Felder and they were a much better band with Don Felder, but both concerts were great.

Saw many Country Stars over the years and Alabama and Allison Krause stand out to me as being some of the best. I have also seen my cousin, Josh Turner play several times and he is an outstanding talent!!!

Good post here as I have enjoyed reading about all of these different groups and time lines that go with them.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #48
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 100739
DrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPit

Hendrix/Monkees Charlotte, NC
Old 03-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #49
thecarolina1
Sarcastic Cynical S.O.B.

Male

thecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot materialthecarolina1 is USC mascot material

Charlie Daniels and the Allman Brothers circa 1974. There was a "haze" in the Carolina Coliseum that night.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #50
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalman72 View Post
Yeah, I was just a kid and saw Kiss at Greenville Memorial Auditorium. Krokus opened.

Sadly, an auditorium worker fell to his death during intermission. I saw him fall. I really couldn't process what I'd seen. Awful.

I was there too. .... Unfortunate, that I had taken my oldest son with us. he
was five at the time. To make matters worse, the guy that fell through the roof
and onto the floor trying to put out a flame on the catwalk between acts, hit
the railing of the balcony before falling the rest of the distance to the floor,
and we were sitting in the first row of the balcony about 15 feet from where
Mr. White (I think that was his name), hit the railing. The Auditorium security, the
G/ville Fire Department and the Police screwed up the situation afterwards with the
crowd and then blamed the confusion on the attendees in the paper and on the news
the next day.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #51
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
the railing of the balcony before falling the rest of the distance to the floor,
Mr. White (I think that was his name), hit the railing. The Auditorium security, the
G/ville Fire Department and the Police screwed up the situation afterwards with the
crowd and then blamed the confusion on the attendees in the paper and on the news
the next day.
I wasn't far from you then. A little more to the left.

I can still see it. Really sad.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #52
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Widespread Panic 7/22/94. I had just turned 15.
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #53
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

Quote:

Quote:
crowd and then blamed the confusion on the attendees in the paper and on the ne
ws
the next day.

Wow - that's horrible
Old 03-03-2017, 03:34 PM   #54
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10000000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I think the first one I attended was one of my own back in like 3rd grade.

We played Hot Cross Buns on recorders.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:22 PM   #55
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
I think the first one I attended was one of my own back in like 3rd grade.

We played Hot Cross Buns on recorders.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:31 PM   #56
Rex123
Recruit

Male

Rex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPit

I saw Duran Duran in 1984 at the Columbia Coliseum.
Rex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #57
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 234554229341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex123 View Post
I saw Duran Duran in 1984 at the Columbia Coliseum.
I'm sorry...
Old 03-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #58
CockyCody
Two Deep

Male

CockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot material

My first was KISS in I think 1977 in Columbia and it was a blast!!
CockyCody is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:29 AM   #59
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Atlanta Rhythm Section/Nantucket

Littlejohn Coliseum

Old 03-05-2017, 01:36 AM   #60
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:

My sister and some of her friends went to that one.

I had totally forgot about the guy falling until you mentioned it.

That was a pretty big concert back then, too. A lot of people from my hometown went to it.

GMA was the concert venue back then, for sure.

Heart/Kansas was the last concert I saw there.

Ann and Nancy Wilson. Damn right.