CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Ace Dilcock
LBC
Master Bedroom
Captain9Dragons
Three and Out
JerseyBird
Flameout12
The Yancey
CockNJersey
The Godfather explai (360)
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (305)
NCAAF: LOUISIANA TEC (223)
What do you need to (180)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (131)
NCAAF: FLORIDA @ KEN (130)
NCAAF: NORTH CAROLIN (127)
NCAAF: ALABAMA @ VAN (103)
NCAAF: ARKANSAS @ TE (96)
NCAAF: TEXAS CHRISTI (76)
What do you need to see a
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
Ortre Smith
Crowd Against La Tech
2017/18 season speculatio
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Qb's under pressure SEC
Does Deebo Return Next Se
Week 4 College Football F

Old 03-05-2017, 04:11 AM   #61
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062293326235
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Who/What was the first Concert you attended Live

Kiss summer of 1999.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:15 AM   #62
Rex123
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPitRex123 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
I'm sorry...
I was in my early teens. I was with my big sister and with a big group of gorgeous College of Charleston girls. I had a good time being the only male.
Rex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:33 AM   #63
usc_thereal
4-Star

Male

usc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot material

Pearl Jam in Charleston. I think I was around 12 years old? I remember telling my brother I thought somebody farted because it smelled weird. Wasn't a fart...oh to be young and naive.
usc_thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #64
CockyDevil
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1539
CockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot material

Barenaked Ladies: Stunt Tour in 98'. Still one of my favorite bands.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #65
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

The Who....Final Tour...1983...In Orlando Flawda....In the Tangerine Bowl which is now the Capitol One Bowl....Openers for the Who were Aldo Nova, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, B-562s and others I cant remember....Great concert.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #66
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244553729341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_thereal View Post
Pearl Jam in Charleston. I think I was around 12 years old? I remember telling my brother I thought somebody farted because it smelled weird. Wasn't a fart...oh to be young and naive.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:14 PM   #67
Tony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 98000
Tony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPitTony rules the CockPit

Steppenwolf, Carolina Coliseum about 1971. It rocked.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:33 PM   #68
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I have seen a lot of really really good concerts. But Motley Crues Girls, Girls, Girls sticks out in my head as the most craziest, over the top concert. It was a lot of fun. Pink Floyds last tour was amazing. Saw it at the new Dean Dome back in the day. ZZ Top was always top shelf.
I also saw George Clinton with all of his croonies..Parliment ect ect. They were fantastic also.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:37 PM   #69
flava03
4-Star

Male

flava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot materialflava03 is USC mascot material

Does anyone remember the old Christian rock band Petra? They played at the Greenville Memorial Auditorium around 1990 or 91. I remember people from Bob Jones Univ. standing outside protesting saying all rock music was of the devil.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #70
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I have seen a lot of really really good concerts. But Motley Crues Girls, Girls, Girls sticks out in my head as the most craziest, over the top concert. It was a lot of fun. Pink Floyds last tour was amazing. Saw it at the new Dean Dome back in the day. ZZ Top was always top shelf.
I also saw George Clinton with all of his croonies..Parliment ect ect. They were fantastic also.
LOVED going to see ZZ Top anywhere they were. I saw them the first time in 1973
(Tres Hombres Tour). They opened a show for The J. Geils Band in Chapel Hill. At that
time they just did the show in blue jeans and T-shirts and some Damn Good music !
Next time I saw them was in Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson (1977). That was the
Tejas Tour I think. Doobie Brothers opened for them (Damn Good Show). That's when
they wore the Cowboy hats and boots and the stage was made up like a desert scene
with dirt, cactus, cow skulls and they had the live coyote come out on stage. Loved the
music so much, that my (ex) wife and I bought tickets to see them during the same
tour at the Carolina Coliseum. Few years later was when they started to get into the
high tech stage shows and the music was more of the "New Age Blues" stuff they got
into. Started using the lasers and elaborate stage setups and lighting. That was in
Greenville at the old Mem. Auditorium. Styx and a Re-vamped Grand Funk Railroad
opened that show. My (now) wife and I caught them a few years later when they were
just starting the Eliminator Tour at the Carolina Coliseum. WOW....the stage and light
show alone were worth the price of the tickets.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:27 PM   #71
Nassau Gamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Steppenwolf, Carolina Coliseum about 1971. It rocked.
I was there... could have been my first, too
Old 03-06-2017, 09:31 PM   #72
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 179045
Copperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
LOVED going to see ZZ Top anywhere they were. I saw them the first time in 1973
(Tres Hombres Tour). They opened a show for The J. Geils Band in Chapel Hill. At that
time they just did the show in blue jeans and T-shirts and some Damn Good music !
Next time I saw them was in Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson (1977). That was the
Tejas Tour I think. Doobie Brothers opened for them (Damn Good Show). That's when
they wore the Cowboy hats and boots and the stage was made up like a desert scene
with dirt, cactus, cow skulls and they had the live coyote come out on stage. Loved the
music so much, that my (ex) wife and I bought tickets to see them during the same
tour at the Carolina Coliseum. Few years later was when they started to get into the
high tech stage shows and the music was more of the "New Age Blues" stuff they got
into. Started using the lasers and elaborate stage setups and lighting. That was in
Greenville at the old Mem. Auditorium. Styx and a Re-vamped Grand Funk Railroad
opened that show. My (now) wife and I caught them a few years later when they were
just starting the Eliminator Tour at the Carolina Coliseum. WOW....the stage and light
show alone were worth the price of the tickets
I was at that one. If I remember correctly, it was only a few weeks into Fall semester and had no opening act. But you are correct, the light/lasers were worth every penny+ some. Cutting edge for the time.
It was my Freshman year at Carolina. A group of us tried our best to get some shrooms but it last minute fell through(chick didn't get there in time and dude had already left) Chick was a USC cheerleader we knew from HS who had the connections. Anyways, we are walking back up the hill towards campus after the concert and chick spots Dude and he ask her, "Y'all still lookin for some caps?" LMAO, I'll never forget it. Half of just went to our knees, hands toward sky, "WHY??!!" Long story short, we got our shrooms, loaded up on beer at the 7Eleven across from the Honeycombs, and watched the sun rise from the roof of Laborde....or Snowden. That part's fuzzy. HeHe
Old 03-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #73
LIGHTPOST
Walk On

Male

LIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talonsLIGHTPOST has developed his gaff and talons

Jan 20, 1979. Boston @ Littlejohn in Clemson. Opening act was Sammy Hagar.
LIGHTPOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #74
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTPOST View Post
Jan 20, 1979. Boston @ Littlejohn in Clemson. Opening act was Sammy Hagar.
Saw that one as well. Good Show !

Old 03-09-2017, 12:50 AM   #75
GamecockNeal
Back in Asia!

Male

CockyCash: 5445
GamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot materialGamecockNeal is USC mascot material

My favorite all time band in the Beach Boys. However, I was pretty young.

Ill say my first real concert and a group that I have seen close to 12 or so times is Jump Little Children.