CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Jim Lahey
carolina_corpsman
SanAntonioCock
TaySC
CockyLifer
GoldenSpur7
NinjaSven
uscjeremynca
Order 66
Y Formation
2017 NCAA Tournament (9042)
**GAME #1 USC (15-5) (1698)
WHAT THE FRICK (1116)
Letter from Frank (890)
I Hear ya. .. That t (799)
We Want Zion (748)
National Championshi (587)
Spring Game 2017 (522)
Screw the SEC, I wan (430)
Former Gamecock Mike (392)
Only Conference With More
2017 NCAA Tournament:**US
The Road to the Final Fou
Don't underestimate Flori
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
We Want Zion
3 SEC East Teams in Elite
Congrats from Lexington!
**GAME #1 USC (15-5) vs.
National Championship

Old 03-09-2017, 07:41 AM   #1
Roosterdog
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material
Default Worst Concert

Sorry if this has been done before but I would like to hear about some of your worst concert experiences when the band sucked. I'll start with a few-

Aerosmith Late 70's Carolina Coliseum- Steven Tyler was wasted, sound was God-awful, they played fro like 70-80 minutes and split. No encores, no nothing. Terrible.

Pearl Jam Early 2000's Greenville- Don't remember which tour this was but PJ was terrible that night. Sound was awful. Could not differentiate from one song to the next. Left 2/3 of the way in, couldn't take it any more.

The Cars Late 70's Carolina Coliseum- Most boring concert I have ever seen. Not one member of this band had any stage presence whatsoever. ZZZZZZZZZZ

Would love to hear some of yours.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
Wham
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Wham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot material
Default Re: Worst Concert

George Jones and Hank Williams Jr. George opened and Hank followed. Not so much because of the performances but mostly because the disrespect the different fan bases showed to one another (most Hanks fans disdain for the Jones fans but enough from both sides really showed their @$$#$)). It really was ugly and the Jones fans began to leave and Hank took offence and called them out in an unprofessional manner. It was just a bad pairing; like having Lawrence Welk opening for Black Sabbath.
Wham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:11 AM   #3
cockinraleigh
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Kid Rock here in Raleigh. Don't remember the year, don't care. Worst concert ever.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #4
USCfan12
Walk On

Male

USCfan12 has hatched from the shell

David Allan Coe - Hard to complain about a free concert but saw him two years ago at his bar in Daytona during bike week. Absolutely terrible. Talked about all the great songs he wrote for other people and then consolidated his few popular songs into one 2 min mash up.

Jessica Simpson and Rascal Flatts - Let gf at time talk me in to seeing this amazing combo in Charleston probably 12 years ago. Not my kind of music, most boring concert atmosphere I have ever seen.
USCfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #5
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Both Garth Brooks shows that I've been to. For starters, I'm just not a fan of his music. A couple of songs are OK, but not enough to make me want to go to a show. I just went because my wife and I have a deal that if she goes to Pearl Jam shows with me, I'll go to Garth shows with her. Secondly, the shows were about a year and a half apart and it was the same exact set list, down to all of the in between song comments. Kind of makes me mad knowing I spent an ungodly amount of money for the second show just to get a repeat performance.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

I don't think this is what you intended but many many years ago my parents drug, pulled, drove, forced me to a gospel quartet event a the old Greenville Memorial Auditorium. Worst music event ever!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #7
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Meat Loaf opening for the Allman Brothers. Someone needs to put that guy out of our misery.

The Flaming Lips in Athens, GA. Biggest waste of time in my life.

Dave Matthews Band at the something-something pavilion in Virginia. I wanted to stab my ears with pencils. He might even be worse than Meat Loaf. Maybe he is the Meat Loaf of the new generation. Disgusting. They played the song "Don't Drink the Water" and I wanted to smash my face through a plate glass window.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #8
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

I saw Kurt Vile last year and was pretty underwhelmed.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #9
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 496441001540
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Win tickets to Pink opening for Lenny Kravitz here in San Antonio. Pink surprisingly rocked it, Lenny didn't want to be there.

* I love The Dave Matthews Band

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #10
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 22000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Meat Loaf opening for the Allman Brothers. Someone needs to put that guy out of our misery.

The Flaming Lips in Athens, GA. Biggest waste of time in my life.

Dave Matthews Band at the something-something pavilion in Virginia. I wanted to stab my ears with pencils. He might even be worse than Meat Loaf. Maybe he is the Meat Loaf of the new generation. Disgusting. They played the song "Don't Drink the Water" and I wanted to smash my face through a plate glass window.
Hahaha!! Yes.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:51 AM   #11
86 GradCock
Impact Fan

Male

CockyCash: 1800
86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material

I haven't been to a bad concert probably because I only shell out the bucks to see shows by my favorite artists. The least impressive show I have seen was Elvis Costello at the Fox in Atlanta. Costello was sick so his voice was off. However, he gave us a full show including an encore, so I cannot consider it a bad concert.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #12
longhaul
Recruit

Male

longhaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comb

Counting Crowes in the old Charlotte Coliseum.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:03 PM   #13
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 18486955292298
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

I haven't been to very many concerts over the years but three that stand out in a not so good way:

Allman Brothers in 1989 or so - went because my friend liked them and the tickets were pretty cheap, and not that they were bad per se, but every...single...song turned into a 20 minute jam that sounded (to me) just like the previous 20 minute jam. On the plus side, they played for over 3 hours. On the down side, they played for over 3 hours.

Petra in 1992 - pretty good show overall, but by far the lamest drum solo I've ever experienced. I played drums briefly in college and right after and I sucked and I could have done a better job.

Foreigner in 1999 - Lou Gramm, bless his heart, had pretty much decimated his voice by then, but that didn't stop him from trying. It should have. By contrast, Journey was the headliner and they had a new young guy (different new young guy than the one with them now) who sounded just like Steve Perry and had the energy to pull it off.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:11 PM   #14
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 496441001540
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
I haven't been to very many concerts over the years but three that stand out in a not so good way:

Allman Brothers in 1989 or so - went because my friend liked them and the tickets were pretty cheap, and not that they were bad per se, but every...single...song turned into a 20 minute jam that sounded (to me) just like the previous 20 minute jam. On the plus side, they played for over 3 hours. On the down side, they played for over 3 hours.

Petra in 1992 - pretty good show overall, but by far the lamest drum solo I've ever experienced. I played drums briefly in college and right after and I sucked and I could have done a better job.

Foreigner in 1999 - Lou Gramm, bless his heart, had pretty much decimated his voice by then, but that didn't stop him from trying. It should have. By contrast, Journey was the headliner and they had a new young guy (different new young guy than the one with them now) who sounded just like Steve Perry and had the energy to pull it off.
That was probably the Steve Perry guy who Steve Perry said sounded better than Steve Perry.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #15
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 18486955292298
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
That was probably the Steve Perry guy who Steve Perry said sounded better than Steve Perry.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #16
GoldenSpur7
Vincit qui se vincit

Male

CockyCash: 200
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

I saw Aerosmith later than OP, but they were still bad live.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #17
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 GradCock View Post
I haven't been to a bad concert probably because I only shell out the bucks to see shows by my favorite artists. The least impressive show I have seen was Elvis Costello at the Fox in Atlanta. Costello was sick so his voice was off. However, he gave us a full show including an encore, so I cannot consider it a bad concert.
^
This.

My "least impressive" would be a Johnny Winters concert that I went to in Greenville
in 1975. I loved his music and had seen him a year earlier along with the Allman
Brothers and enjoyed the show there. Not sure what the problem was with this show
though. Sound wasn't nearly as good, and the opening act was God Awful. I had met
a girl there for a first date, and she brought a friend of hers (and her boyfriend).
Beside the fact that her friend, and her friend's boyfriend were both airheads and
acted like they were less than 10 years old, the show wasn't that great and it was a
bad night for Johnny Winters so that one didn't make my List of best Concerts.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:01 PM   #18
KMac
R.I.P Kenny McKinley

Male

CockyCash: 4908600
KMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post

I guess I can see an ABB concert being being a bit much if you're not into them. Not being into that sound can definitely make it all blend together. I personally love 3 hours of 20 min jams
Old 03-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #19
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Guns & Roses sucked because Axl Rose jumped down into the crowd and started something with a fan and then walked off the stage
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:04 PM   #20
KMac
R.I.P Kenny McKinley

Male

CockyCash: 4908600
KMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPitKMac rules the CockPit

I haven't really ever been to a concert that I would consider "bad", but I guess Moon Taxi a few years ago in 5 Points for St. Patty's Day wasn't really that enjoyable. It was super crowded and everyone was being pushy. I also was not nearly as inebriated as a should have been...