CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
Blitzkrieg
6pack
Spur's Addiction
Ironfan
MountainCock
Three and Out
FurmanCock
4 new transfers sear (1011)
2018 - Greg Little (539)
Bad luck that surrou (507)
110 out of 111 playe (445)
Favorite non-Gamecoc (372)
Western nation's see (276)
Locked on the Gameco (206)
Mexi-Talian dinner (170)
I had a dream last n (166)
Football Flex-Pack (51)
I had a dream last night.
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 - Greg Little
Favorite non-Gamecock Coa
2018 - Kingsley Enagbare
2018 - Jermaine McMillian
2017 Signee - Keisean Nix
110 out of 111 players te
Sin Officially Introduced
Mexi-Talian dinner

Old 03-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #21
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Father seeks $1 billion dollar shoe deal for 3 sons

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
Never heard of this family, but it strikes me like Cam Newton's dad if he had three sons. That about sum it up?
youve heard of the oldest brother right?
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:06 PM   #22
gamecockjay
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot materialgamecockjay is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
ESPN actually interviewed the father a bit ago.

It amazes me how the media gives such idiots fame and a platform to stand on.
Watch the interview and you will want to throw he remote through the tv.....
Old 03-15-2017, 06:10 PM   #23
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

The father was ESPN SportsNation this afternoon. Why ESPN seems determined to make a celebrity out of this man is beyond me. He's just another parent seeking to capitalize on his kids' talent and make a name for himself.

Anyway, he said the only people who ask him about the way he's handling his kids is white people. Huh? What's that go to do with ANYTHING? When the white chick on the show asked if there was a chance his kids could get embarrassed by anything he does he said no, b/c they know he pays the bills.

Guy is a major piece of work.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:27 PM   #24
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

The guy is out of control:

“Back in my heyday, I would kill Michael Jordan one-on-one,’’ Ball told USA TODAY Sports. “I would just back him in and lift him off the ground and call a foul every time he fouls me when I do a jump hook to the right or the left. He cannot stop me one-on-one. He better make every shot ’cause he can’t go around me. He’s not fast enough. And he can only make so many shots outside before I make every bucket under the rim.”
Old 03-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #25
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

I actually give the guy props at this point.
He's basically all in and is going to back down.
You really can't get more ridiculous than what he's said

Last edited by WeCocky2001; 03-15-2017 at 09:56 PM..
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:45 PM   #26
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

This guy is the definition of delusional.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:43 PM   #27
Take-a-Knee
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

1 Billion is ludacris but watch the 14yr old call the half court shot at the end of the video , his big brother on the team don't miss much either ..

https://youtu.be/6Qi2LHIYJQk
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:14 AM   #28
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 36329
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I'm sick of hearing about this douchebag. Barkley killed him the other day. ball average 2 points a game in college congratulations on that one time you exploded for 6.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:35 AM   #29
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Perfect example of living out one's dreams through your children.
More often than not the children end up hating the sport and the parents.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #30
CockyDevil
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1539
CockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee View Post
1 Billion is ludacris but watch the 14yr old call the half court shot at the end of the video , his big brother on the team don't miss much either ..

https://youtu.be/6Qi2LHIYJQk
At this point, Lonzo is the only one who has the skillset to be in the league. The youngest is 1 dimensional and the middle brother isn't even on the NBA map at this point.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #31
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

His kids are great...really great...and he deserves a lot of credit for that but him claiming he would kill MJ...while averaging 1 more basket a game than I did...and this idea that anyone...or three...playing basketball is even sort of worth a billion dollars is just laughable.

They are going to be rich and they are really...REALLY...good but dad has lost his mind...he is getting attention for him and his kids so its not all negative.
LBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:21 AM   #32
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
His kids are great...really great...and he deserves a lot of credit for that but him claiming he would kill MJ...while averaging 1 more basket a game than I did...and this idea that anyone...or three...playing basketball is even sort of worth a billion dollars is just laughable.

They are going to be rich and they are really...REALLY...good but dad has lost his mind...he is getting attention for him and his kids so its not all negative.
The jury's still out as far as their NBA fortunes. Lonzo has all the makings of a good NBA player, but you never know until a kid gets in the league. Too many can't-miss prospects have missed over the years. LiAngelo is a senior in high school, a consensus 3-star recruit and doesn't appear to be a one-and-done kind of prospect at this point. Could be an NBA player or just a really good college player. Time will tell. The youngest is still just a sophomore, so predicting any NBA future for him at this point is wildly speculative.

Yes, he's getting attention for him and his sons, but not all attention is good attention. Folks are already getting sick of him, and by extension his sons.

What slays me is that the media, on the one hand, reports on everything this guy says (why?) but, on the other hand, talks about he stays in the headlines. Well, he wouldn't be there if the media didn't put him there. He is delusional about his own grandeur (he could beat MJ one-on-one!?!), and to a large extent his son's skill level (stating his son his already better than NBA MVP Steph Curry) and has zero credibility.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #33
CockyDevil
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1539
CockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot material

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/0...tm_campaign=fb
Old 03-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #34
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I'm sick of hearing about this douchebag. Barkley killed him the other day. ball average 2 points a game in college congratulations on that one time you exploded for 6.
..Yep, heard that also. ...Barkley could have really owned his ass but........Chuck also said he thinks a couple of the Ball kids are studs and if Pops got out of the way and stopped trying to steal their shine they have a shot at the NBA..
Old 03-16-2017, 12:58 PM   #35
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Lonzo, LaMelo, and LiAngelo. I already don't like them because of their names. It's like the father gave them catchy gimmicky names just to get attention in the basketball world. Add in the fact that the youngest has a porcupine on his head, shoots half court shots for fun, and doesn't play defense makes me dislike them even more.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #36
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Who is this guy related to at ESPN to get this much press coverage?
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #37
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I may be giving espn too much credit, but I think they are letting Mr. Ball be the village idiot for a week or two. Its getting a lot of talk and the dumb ass doesnt realize that he is being made a fool...
Old 03-16-2017, 02:04 PM   #38
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2304200828
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Some might criticize Lavar's approach but he's getting what he wants. Lots of people never knew who they were before ,but now they have people talking about the Ball family.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #39
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Some might criticize Lavar's approach but he's getting what he wants. Lots of people never knew who they were before ,but now they have people talking about the Ball family.
folks already knew who lonzo was.

anyway, getting talked about doesnt get him anything. the kids aint gonna get drafted because the dad is running his mouth.

and most of whats getting said isnt positive. no talk is better than negative talk.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #40
scfanz
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
The guy is out of control:

“Back in my heyday, I would kill Michael Jordan one-on-one,’’ Ball told USA TODAY Sports. “I would just back him in and lift him off the ground and call a foul every time he fouls me when I do a jump hook to the right or the left. He cannot stop me one-on-one. He better make every shot ’cause he can’t go around me. He’s not fast enough. And he can only make so many shots outside before I make every bucket under the rim.”
I have no idea who this idiot is or who his kids are, but this post tells me all I need to know. He is insane.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote