CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
Blitzkrieg
6pack
Spur's Addiction
Ironfan
MountainCock
Three and Out
FurmanCock
4 new transfers sear (1011)
2018 - Greg Little (539)
Bad luck that surrou (507)
110 out of 111 playe (445)
Favorite non-Gamecoc (372)
Western nation's see (276)
Locked on the Gameco (206)
Mexi-Talian dinner (170)
I had a dream last n (166)
Football Flex-Pack (51)
I had a dream last night.
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 - Greg Little
Favorite non-Gamecock Coa
2018 - Kingsley Enagbare
2018 - Jermaine McMillian
2017 Signee - Keisean Nix
110 out of 111 players te
Sin Officially Introduced
Mexi-Talian dinner

Old 03-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #21
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material
Default Re: Pitcher nails umpire with fastball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
What reason do you have to think that this umpire is cheating?
Loaded bases and another walk to score a run on an obvious strike, and she pegs the guy in the face mask which shows she can pitch, there's the evidence. I said it leans me more towards of him cheating, and when an Umpire is calling the game unfairly, it's called cheating. Again need more evidence, but at this point, the coach needs to report him, and get him fired if he is cheating, and in that case the game should be redone, or cancelled. I went too far with my first statement of pegging him, and i'm sorry for that, but it shows the pitcher can pitch. If it's not the case the coach and players need to be out the rest of the year, and possibly further punishment.

Last edited by rioninusc; 03-15-2017 at 03:15 PM..
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #22
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 71500600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

The pitcher was in high school...showcase game

That being said, here is a link about the incident and it happened in the third inning of the game. You can watch the whole game and see if the calls were one sided.

http://larrybrownsports.com/softball...e-video/212975
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #23
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
The pitcher was in high school...showcase game

That being said, here is a link about the incident and it happened in the third inning of the game. You can watch the whole game and see if the calls were one sided.

http://larrybrownsports.com/softball...e-video/212975
Thanks! I'll look it over when I get home.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:11 PM   #24
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
What level is this at? maybe college it happens, but anything below that, I doubt it. For her to peg the guy in the face mask, shows me she can pitch, so I'm leaning more to him being a cheating pos.
High school as well
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:12 PM   #25
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Oh come on that's garbage. You state they can but how often do any of them get fined or disciplined compared to how many times their stupid calls decide the out come of the event they were supposed to be properly officiating.
I know of people that have been suspended for the remainder of a season
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:18 PM   #26
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
High school as well
Possibility to lose a schollie with that conduct.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #27
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Loaded bases and another walk to score a run on an obvious strike, and she pegs the guy in the face mask which shows she can pitch, there's the evidence. I said it leans me more towards of him cheating, and when an Umpire is calling the game unfairly, it's called cheating. Again need more evidence, but at this point, the coach needs to report him, and get him fired if he is cheating, and in that case the game should be redone, or cancelled. I went too far with my first statement of pegging him, but it shows the pitcher can pitch. If it's not the case the coach and players need to be out the rest of the year, and possibly further punishment.
Even guys in the major leagues walk batters. To assume this high schooler couldn't possibly have been throwing balls just because she hit one ball off the side of the umps facemask is preposterous.

If they are that mad about the umps calls the coach should man up and get in his face like real managers do, not tell a high school girl to take a cheap shot and hit him with a fastball.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #28
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8981001
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Even guys in the major leagues walk batters. To assume this high schooler couldn't possibly have been throwing balls just because she hit one ball off the side of the umps facemask is preposterous.

If they are that mad about the umps calls the coach should man up and get in his face like real managers do, not tell a high school girl to take a cheap shot and hit him with a fastball.
What if it was just the catcher who stood up and walked away?
Old 03-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #29
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 600
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
What if it was just the catcher who stood up and walked away?
Feel like the catcher would have hidden it better if it was just her idea. Why not just miss with your glove rather than dive out of the way? If she was doing it on her own she'd have hid it.

To anyone justifying this, you're what's wrong with youth sports.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #30
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 71500600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks! I'll look it over when I get home.
Here is what I can gather....

To lead up to this, the team at bat had bases loaded and a girl hits a double scoring two. The pitching team changes pitchers who struggles and walks four straight batters... and then this ensued.

The pitch prior to him being beaned, he signaled as being low when asked about it. You can see it in the video. I did not watch the whole thing but that was from the write up. It looked to me like this team did not like losing and especially did not like the close calls not going their way. Maybe the up was on the take but who knows
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:07 PM   #31
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudlyuscsabres is crowing loudly

Unrelated personal anecdote, but I accidentally knocked an umpire out once in a JV game. It was literally the second pitch of the game. The batter fouled back an 80 mph fastball into the side of the umpire's mask and he sort of teetered over one foot then went down like a sack of wet cement. He was out for about two minutes before coming to again. The worst part is that the game had been moved up a day because like a third of the team was leaving for the band trip the next day but the game had to be postponed back to the original date because the umpire took a precautionary trip to the hospital.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:24 PM   #32
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Here is what I can gather....

To lead up to this, the team at bat had bases loaded and a girl hits a double scoring two. The pitching team changes pitchers who struggles and walks four straight batters... and then this ensued.

The pitch prior to him being beaned, he signaled as being low when asked about it. You can see it in the video. I did not watch the whole thing but that was from the write up. It looked to me like this team did not like losing and especially did not like the close calls not going their way. Maybe the up was on the take but who knows
Yep, see the catcher raising up the pitch with her glove after watching it a couple of more times. Best thing to do was to call a timeout, speak with the pitcher, and try to get her to calm down. If she is able to peg that Ump in the face mask, she can at least get a pitch within 6 inches of her target. Coach if he told them to do that needs to be expelled from coaching.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:37 PM   #33
Coondog
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
What reason do you have to think that this umpire is cheating?
To start with the pitch that walked in a runner was clearly a strike. If you listen to the fans in the video this must have been going on for a while since someone yelled to him that he proved his point. It appears to me that umpire had a personal vendetta against the team on the field which led up to them not caring about who got tossed at that point.

I hope this led up to a full investigation and a ball to face mask is the least of the umpires problems.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #34
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Definitely intentional. I think it's pretty low class to get revenge by trying to harm the umpire, regardless of whether or not you agreed with his calls.
He's wearing a mask. I would've aimed for the nuts though. That would accomplished pissing him off without the concussion risk. I would applauded the nut shot, but the head shot was too far. Really there's no need for any of it. She should just yelled "bullshit" initially after the walk call, like a normal ball player.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #35
TaySC
Starter

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yeah.

For any coach to potentially discuss on the mound for his players to intentionally hit the jump is bad sportsmanship at the very least.

It's actually a reflection of our society today. If you don't like or agree with someone, attack them. If someone other than your candidate wins the election, riot.

There are ways to deal with bad umpires and at the very least the coach should man up and fight for his players, not be a little b***h and tell them to do it for him.

Hopefully the players were not only ejected for this game, but for several more to come.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:07 PM   #36
TaySC
Starter

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Feel like the catcher would have hidden it better if it was just her idea. Why not just miss with your glove rather than dive out of the way? If she was doing it on her own she'd have hid it.

To anyone justifying this, you're what's wrong with youth sports.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:10 PM   #37
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 36329
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Clearly intentional. I think the coach called it. The meeting looked like them planning it. Also the ump made an awful call on the wall but no excuse for this.
coach definitely ordered it. the catcher totally moved out of the way and the entire team seemed to know it was coming. coach should be banned
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #38
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 36329
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I can't believe it took 3 years for me to see this
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #39
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsabres View Post
Unrelated personal anecdote, but I accidentally knocked an umpire out once in a JV game. It was literally the second pitch of the game. The batter fouled back an 80 mph fastball into the side of the umpire's mask and he sort of teetered over one foot then went down like a sack of wet cement. He was out for about two minutes before coming to again. The worst part is that the game had been moved up a day because like a third of the team was leaving for the band trip the next day but the game had to be postponed back to the original date because the umpire took a precautionary trip to the hospital.

To band camp?
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:54 PM   #40
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
He's wearing a mask. I would've aimed for the nuts though. That would accomplished pissing him off without the concussion risk. I would applauded the nut shot, but the head shot was too far. Really there's no need for any of it. She should just yelled "bullshit" initially after the walk call, like a normal ball player.
He should be wearing a cup too, although that would still hurt like a bitch. Regardless of where she threw at him, that should not be acceptable behavior.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote