CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
acejrock
MountainCock
RGHoskins
Blitzkrieg
cockinraleigh
GoldenSpur7
Three and Out
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
NC State already pre (1224)
Home Opener vs UK (1053)
Position Unit Previe (532)
Contrasting first 2 (514)
Kick Returners? (481)
This video will prob (409)
Happy Birthday Coach (168)
Need 2 for Kentucky (11)
Need 2 tickets to KY (4)
2018 - Saivion Smith
2017 High School Football
Position Unit Preview: De
Home Opener vs UK
Contrasting first 2 games
Kick Returners?
Need 2 tickets to KY
This video will probably
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Tailgate spot wanted

Old 03-20-2017, 08:11 AM   #21
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: PROGRAM CHANGING WIN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassau Gamecock View Post
Anybody know what the point spread was for the game?
Last I saw was Duke -7.5

I don't know what the final lime was.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #22
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 500
CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

I'm not sure of the overall relevance of the win, long-term for the program. It's certainly great for this season though.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #23
JTJGarnet
Recruit

Male

JTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPitJTJGarnet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Last I saw was Duke -7.5

The final lime was in my Corona as I held it up to toast the Cocks on their excellent win over Duke!!!
JTJGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #24
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 0
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

It could be a program changing win ... if we build. We going to be replacing 2 of our biggest scorers (Thornwell and Notice).

Dozier is going to have to REALLY step up, and we're going to need some other guys to develop. IF that happens, and we ride this momentum to the tourney again next season and win a few games there too ... I think you could see a Zion commit and THEN we can talk about how this was program changing.

We're all on cloud 9 right now, but you have to realize what we're really losing next season before we can claim to be taking over the college Basketball world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:17 AM   #25
miked237
Blue Chip

Male

miked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudlymiked237 is crowing loudly

We also have a transfer that's eligible to play next season whose name escapes me at the moment.
Stay focus, become victorious.
miked237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #26
thumpin big
Banned

Male

thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

I agree the win changes the program. It proves that it can be done at USC. It shows recruits that they can come to USC and win just like they can at any other school. I think its going to be a big boost in recruiting. Its going to open doors that have been closed. Its going to show the NCAA that USC does belong in the tournament.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #27
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Last I saw was Duke -7.5

I believe the final line before the game was 6.5.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #28
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

There are all sorts of ramifications. As long as we keep winning, the publicity will be off the charts - helping us in recruiting for basketball, and also for
football.

We have a lot of hoops talent in the state and this will help to keep them home, hopefully starting with Zion.

There is a reason that we take football recruits to basketball games - it shows fan support, our first-rate facilities for all sports, and that we are more than a one sport school. Great athletes want to play around other great athletes, and we even get synergy from the Ladies (remember the pics with JD and A'ja?). Hinson playing both sports makes the connection even stronger.

Dax Hollifield, for example, tweeted that we were going to upset Duke - that is good pub that you can't buy.

Keep winning and riding the wave. In the meantime, Clemson is deciding whether to fire their coach. Once they lose a few football games, the natty shine will be gone. Our NCAA success is taking the shine off also.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:02 AM   #29
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJGarnet View Post
The final lime was in my Corona as I held it up to toast the Cocks on their excellent win over Duke!!!

Damn fat fingers typing on my phone
Old 03-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #30
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked237 View Post
We also have a transfer that's eligible to play next season whose name escapes me at the moment.
Kory Holden
Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #31
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 0
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

The other issue here is ... you can't lay a goose egg against Baylor. If we do lose, we have to be competitive. If you go out against Baylor and get waxed, it kills all momentum.

I only say that, because we've seen this team do that this year. We were #1 in the conference and then fell off the cliff at the end of the season. I like that we have a couple of days to rest up and let that game sink in and fade away. We just have to grow from that. Know we can make the plays and go out and execute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:38 AM   #32
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked237 View Post
Still have a shot at Tevin Mack, that won't help until 2018-19. Lead Texas in scoring.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #33
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

I see FMART walking into Zion's living room and repeating the following quote from Hoosiers: You know, in the ten years that I coached, I never met anybody who wanted to win as badly as I did. I'd do anything I had to do to increase my advantage. Anybody who tried to block the pursuit of that advantage, I'd just push 'em out of the way. Didn't matter who they were, or what they were doing. But that was then. You have special talent, a gift. Not the school's, not the townspeople, not the team's, not Myra Fleener's, not mine. It's yours, to do with what you choose. Because that's what I believe, I can tell you this: I don't care if you play on the team or not.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #34
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
I see FMART walking into Zion's living room and repeating the following quote from Hoosiers: You know, in the ten years that I coached, I never met anybody who wanted to win as badly as I did. I'd do anything I had to do to increase my advantage. Anybody who tried to block the pursuit of that advantage, I'd just push 'em out of the way. Didn't matter who they were, or what they were doing. But that was then. You have special talent, a gift. Not the school's, not the townspeople, not the team's, not Myra Fleener's, not mine. It's yours, to do with what you choose. Because that's what I believe, I can tell you this: I don't care if you play on the team or not.
Chills. To quote Jerry McGuire: "Frank had me at 'Answer the fuc%ing question, a$$hole!'"

Apparently Notice got the point.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #35
92Pony
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 820476
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Still have a shot at Tevin Mack, that won't help until 2018-19. Lead Texas in scoring.
Holden? (I forget his first name.... Kory?)
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote