CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > Smack Talk > The Chop Shop

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
thekob
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
kick_ball
SwampFox
TastyLicks
Order 66
Blitzkrieg
CoastCocky
2018 Recruiting Clas (1455)
Lavar Ball calls out (520)
Music Thread: Day 11 (408)
Suggestions for Game (374)
WBB Asst. Coach Rumo (299)
Playstation Plus (288)
A big game hunter ha (267)
Last Three Years (230)
Sling TV Opinions (166)
Cayce gator (138)
2019 - Brendan Gant
2018 - Zamir "Zeus&q
***I Am Iron [Wo]man - Go
WBB Asst. Coach Rumors
Lidel grocery coming
The toughest and easiest
Last Three Years
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Sling TV Opinions
Lindy's and Athlon's are

Old 07-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Photoshop / Photoediting Help Thread:

Posting this here for anyone who has questions or needs help with farking or editing pictures with any of their Photoediting software.
I'm not an professional by any stretch of the imagination but have been working with Photoshop for a couple of years and I have some reference material here at home.
There may be some differences in the program I use and what you use, but any editing program will do most of the basic stuff (erasing, shading, selecting, painting ect. . .) and hopefully get your questions answered.

Just post a question or problem you're having here and one of us Farkers on the board will be happy to lend a hand.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #2
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2872
TheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Photoshop / Photoediting Help Thread:

Okay,.
how do you layer a pic?
TheGuitarCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #3
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

layers happen when you copy an image onto another picture ... it goes on as a layer ... with that you can then draw/erase/edit each layer seperately ... and see how it effects the picture (meaning if you put a picture on something and the first picutre is "sticking out" you can go on that layer and erase it without having to pretty much start over)

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

TheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot material

okay...I got photoplus 6.0 and why wont it let me "layer" a pic on the source pic from CCC?

well not sure how to do that but I just want to put a pic I have pulled up in the source pic.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamsBrice101
okay...I got photoplus 6.0 and why wont it let me "layer" a pic on the source pic from CCC?

well not sure how to do that but I just want to put a pic I have pulled up in the source pic.
When you copy and paste the picture to your original picture it should show your original as a "Background" and then the picture you pasted as a seperate layer (layer one).
Do you see the "Layer Pallet" on the side of the screen? . . . Let me know and I'll try to walk you through it
Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #6
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

If I understand what you're saying. . . . .
You have the original picture up, and you're opening another picture and it opens as a seperate project, and you want to put that picture on the original picture / project right ?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #7
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

Yes...but I got it right now...lol.

How do I get to bring it up and post it?

like I am REALLY new at this and I need 1. 2. 3. instructions on how to post the pic I made...I saved it
Old 08-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #8
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Quote:
Yes...but I got it right now...lol.

How do I get to bring it up and post it?

like I am REALLY new at this and I need 1. 2. 3. instructions on how to post the pic I made...I saved it
Make sure when you save it, you save it as a JPEG, Or Bitmap file.
If you want to post it here on Cockytalk, hit the reply button and scroll down to see underneath the screen, you'll see a boxed area with blue writting that says: Upload you image files via Imageshack. . . .
Click the Browse button and find the file you saved on your computer.
Double click the picture, and Imageshack will upload the image. . .it will take a few seconds
Once it uploads, you'll see the ImageShack screen and several different (Long) ul addresses (those http: . . .. . . long addresses). .. Highlight the one that says "Direct Link to the Image" and copy it

Now go up to the reply screen and click the small yellow box from the menu at the top of the screen (the one left of center where your Bold, Italic. Underline stuff is). . . . . it will open a box at the top. Pasted that URL address in there and click OK and the picture should pop up in the reply box. . ..Then just click "submitt" .
Sounds complicated, but it's not, once you do one, you'll be an expert
Old 08-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #9
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

okay...I got all that but how do you make sure it is a JPEG or Bitmap file
Old 08-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

Default I NEED HELP!

Okay,
I learned how to pull up pictures and post them but how do I post a Farked picture???? better yet how do I make it a JPEG or Bitmap file?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 PM   #11
COCKDIESEL
Could've been a Contender

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57380000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: I NEED HELP!

Quote:
Okay,
I learned how to pull up pictures and post them but how do I post a Farked picture???? better yet how do I make it a JPEG or Bitmap file?
Click on File-Save As-Then change the ext to jpeg.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #12
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

Thanks,
it only has a drop-down box and will only let me pick "All files" or PhotoPlus Pictures
Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #13
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

if you're using photoplus ... look below save as ... and click on export optimizer ... then click on export in the bottom right ... then name it ... it should automatically have jpeg as the ending ... if not then select it and click the save

Old 08-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #14
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

THANKS!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #15
Bigmo-cock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bigmo-cock is making other chickens nervousBigmo-cock is making other chickens nervousBigmo-cock is making other chickens nervousBigmo-cock is making other chickens nervousBigmo-cock is making other chickens nervousBigmo-cock is making other chickens nervousBigmo-cock is making other chickens nervous

when I try to export it tells me error converting file
Bigmo-cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #16
Lant
grumpy old fart

Male

CockyCash: 100000
Lant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot materialLant is USC mascot material
Default Photoshop / Photo editing Help Thread

I know you are a busy man, but I was wondering if you and Cack and the other great Farkers on here could maybe put togeather a "Cockytalk guide to Farking" for us other poor souls. You guys have me hooked so at least you got 1 more farker on here but as you see in my thread with sneez I need practice
Old 08-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #17
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Default Re: Spurticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lant
I know you are a busy man, but I was wondering if you and Cack and the other great Farkers on here could maybe put togeather a "Cockytalk guide to Farking" for us other poor souls. You guys have me hooked so at least you got 1 more farker on here but as you see in my thread with sneez I need practice
Tell you what we can do
Go to the Photoshop Help thread, and list as many things as you can think of that you need to know, and Cack and/ or I (or anyone of the other guys that have worked with photoshop for a while) will go down the list and explain how to do each.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #18
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10000000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Step 1: You must realize that the farks are an energy field that surround us, penetrate us, and bind the galaxy together.

Step 2: You must feel the farks flowing through you. They will partially control your actions while at the same time, obey your commands.

Step 3: Anger, fear, aggression....The dark side of the farks are they.

Step 4: Do not try and fark the picture. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no picture. Then you'll see, that it is not the picture that farks, it is only yourself.
cocky0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 PM   #19
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

wow..farking can not be that fun!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #20
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus
Tell you what we can do
Go to the Photoshop Help thread, and list as many things as you can think of that you need to know, and Cack and/ or I (or anyone of the other guys that have worked with photoshop for a while) will go down the list and explain how to do each.
ditto ... i had to and still sometimes have to ask Spurt how to do things ... but a lot of it is just learning as you go ... i click on the help thing ALL THE TIME and try to figure out what i'm doing ... sometimes i figure it out by mistake too ... but will be glad to help