CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > Smack Talk > The Chop Shop

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
thekob
Spurticus
TastyLicks
Ace Dilcock
lencho30
GoldenSpur7
2017 SEC Tournament: (845)
What jumps out at yo (662)
Music Thread: Day 15 (345)
Baseball: South Caro (110)
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
Mcgregor has inked the de
Game time set for NC Stat
2018 Commitment - Maxwell
What jumps out at you?
2017 MBB Commitment - Jas
2018 - Josh Vann
2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat
Baseball: South Carolina
Baseball: South Carolina

Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #41
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: Photoshop / Photo editing Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C.
man do u got aim so you can help me with this....pm me
Have you gotten a response to this yet MC, or do you still need help??
Let me know
Old 09-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #42
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

now i have a question ... how do you put the "bling" effect on something ... you know like something is shinning

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #43
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

whoops missed your last one asking for my aim ... my bad ... yeah i have him ... PM me if you still need help

Old 09-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #44
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack
now i have a question ... how do you put the "bling" effect on something ... you know like something is shinning
I'd like to know that one myself. . . You talking like the one that someone has in their avatar of Steve Spurrier's shirt ??
Old 09-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #45
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

/\ i dunno ... just like the "bling" effect (i'm going to creat a photoediting software and call it that ... the bling effect)

Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM   #46
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

like so ...

Old 09-26-2007, 05:30 AM   #47
SpuR48
Thread Killer

Male

CockyCash: 1002
SpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot materialSpuR48 is USC mascot material

Quote:
like so ...

I'm not sure of the exact "plugin" for photoshop, but there are literally thousands of plugins you can DL/Buy that do those sorts of things. For example, in my sig I downloaded a plugin that took a layer of my image and "puzzled" it so that it has those jigsaw lines. It was even powerful enough to remove certain pieces from the image layer. I'm sure it's possible using Photoshop's default setup, but I've yet to figure it out. Just google "photoshop bling plugin" or something to that effect. Once you download the actual file, it'll either have an executable that installs itself or you'll have to manually extract the plugin files to your *photoshop folder*\plugins directory.

**also, when trying to cut the background out of a fairly simple image, or an image with high contrast, you can use the magic wand tool. It will select contiguous colors within an image. At the top of the screen with the wand selected, there is a number value that tells photoshop how sensitive the wand should be when selecting colors. If it is a high number, then it will select anything close to the color you click. So, say you have the following:

If you clicked the black, all of the contiguous black color in the image would be selected; that is to say, only the black color on the outer most part of the image would be selected. the wand should not have selected the black lines that go all throughout the gamecock logo itself; after selecting the outside black bit, if you hit delete, photoshop would then delete the black part of the image therefore leaving either transparency (checkerboard) or a background color in the black part's space; you should only be left with the white outline and the logo itself. You can also click to select the black, then right-click, and select "Select Inverse." this will select everything BUT the black, which would effectively select the gameock logo including the white background. By using this method you will ALWAYS have nice, smooth edges. There are many more ways to use this tool, but I don't have much time to go into just now :D

PS. I used the wand ALOT in making my sig. I used the shape creator to draw a white puzzle piece on a neon green back ground. I then used the wand to select the green BG, then selected inverse so that I only had the puzzle piece selected. Once my "selection" was the puzzle piece, I then moved the selection over to another image that I already had open, for instance the Cory Boyd pic. I took that "selection" (again, it was the exact shape of the white puzzle piece) and placed it somewhat center over Cory's pic. Then I hit the "mask" button on the layer menu and voila! Everything in Cory's pic disappeared except what I had "selected" using my puzzle piece selection. I know that made probably no sense, but if you've worked in PS at all, that should be somewhat understandable, I hope.

Last edited by SpuR48; 09-26-2007 at 05:42 AM..
SpuR48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #48
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Quote:
I dont know if you're still wondering. It's fairly simple. I know on Gimp there is a brush that is shaped like a diagonal star. Just use that with the color white. Like so with my sig:
Old 10-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #49
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

here's a site with a bunch of free downloadable plugins and brushes etc etc http://www.freephotoshop.com/html/downloadables.html

Old 10-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #50
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

and more ... http://www.thepluginsite.com/resources/freeps.htm

Old 10-17-2007, 08:40 AM   #51
JAMES T. GARRICK
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
JAMES T. GARRICK has hatched from the shell

my first photo edit
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\tgarrick\My Documents\My Pictures\untitled1.bmp[/IMG]
JAMES T. GARRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:41 AM   #52
JAMES T. GARRICK
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
JAMES T. GARRICK has hatched from the shell

never mind i gues
JAMES T. GARRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #53
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Looks like you used the right codes James, but for posting pics, you'll need to have a site host the picture. . . . .Go to ImageShack.com
Hit the Browse button, and then select the picture and wait for it to upload.
Highlight and copy the long web address that says: "Direct Link To image"
Then come here and Paste that address either using the Image codes like you did above, or you can just use the "add image" icon in your format menu. (the small yellow box above the reply screen).
Old 01-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #54
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2872
TheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot material

Ok, I will explain as best as I can:
(I use GIMP btw)

Ok, so I am *trying* to make a Spring game sig to leave up for the Spring game.

Anyways, what is the best way to start? I have a good visual idea of what I want. I have the picture I want.

OK, so how do you add borders? Like a frame kind of thing? Like what gamecockfandrew has in his sig but I want to make it solid garnet.

IS there a way to make like a light white shade over the picture in my sig? Just kind of a way to fade the sig.

thanks
TheGuitarCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #55
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

when i start a sig i start with a blank picture ... white background with the sig size ... 250x600 ... then go from there ... with all the other i don't know ... i just do basic shit

Old 01-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #56
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

TheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot materialTheGuitarCock is USC mascot material

ok, well how do i make the picture the size i want it for the sig? I cropped out the part I want. Do I open it as a layer?
Old 01-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #57
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuitarCock
Ok, I will explain as best as I can:
(I use GIMP btw)

Ok, so I am *trying* to make a Spring game sig to leave up for the Spring game.

Anyways, what is the best way to start? I have a good visual idea of what I want. I have the picture I want.

OK, so how do you add borders? Like a frame kind of thing? Like what gamecockfandrew has in his sig but I want to make it solid garnet.

IS there a way to make like a light white shade over the picture in my sig? Just kind of a way to fade the sig.

thanks
I'm not familiar with GIMP, but I can explain how to do this in Photoshop. You may have to look around for these tools:

BOARDER:
*In the menu bar, click on "Select"
*from the drop down menu, Click on "All"
(this should put a selection box around the entire picture)
*With the picture selected, go to the menu bar and click on "Edit"
*From the drop down menu, there should be a seletion for "Stroke Outline". . .Click on that.
*You will be able to add a border to the entire picture, and can choose the color of the boarder as well from the pop up box.
(If you're looking for a heavy border, I'd select 4-8 pixels.

LIGHT / WHITE SHADE:
Can be done a couple of ways but what I'd do:
*Once you have the picture and boarder complete. Click on "Layer" in your menu bar.
*From the drop down menu, click on New. . . if it ask you to name the new layer, you can. . but I usually just click OK without nameing it.
(there's a couple of ways to do this next step also, but without much complication). . . on your color pallet, pick white, and then pick your Fill (bucket) tool. take it to the center of the new layer and click. . . .you should have a solid white screen now.
*Over to the side of the screen there should be an "Opacity" adjustment. (small box with 100% written in it). . .click that, and you should get an adjustment slide.
*Click and drag the slide down from 100 until you can see throught the white screen. . . keep sliding down until you get the Haze or transparancy effect you're looking for.
*Now go back up to "Layer" in your menu bar and click "Flatten Image" and you should have the picture complete.

Yell at me If you get stuck doing this and I'll see if I can help you out further.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #58
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus
I'm not familiar with GIMP, but I can explain how to do this in Photoshop. You may have to look around for these tools:

BOARDER:
*In the menu bar, click on "Select"
*from the drop down menu, Click on "All"
(this should put a selection box around the entire picture)
*With the picture selected, go to the menu bar and click on "Edit"
*From the drop down menu, there should be a seletion for "Stroke Outline". . .Click on that.
*You will be able to add a border to the entire picture, and can choose the color of the boarder as well from the pop up box.
(If you're looking for a heavy border, I'd select 4-8 pixels.

LIGHT / WHITE SHADE:
Can be done a couple of ways but what I'd do:
*Once you have the picture and boarder complete. Click on "Layer" in your menu bar.
*From the drop down menu, click on New. . . if it ask you to name the new layer, you can. . but I usually just click OK without nameing it.
(there's a couple of ways to do this next step also, but without much complication). . . on your color pallet, pick white, and then pick your Fill (bucket) tool. take it to the center of the new layer and click. . . .you should have a solid white screen now.
*Over to the side of the screen there should be an "Opacity" adjustment. (small box with 100% written in it). . .click that, and you should get an adjustment slide.
*Click and drag the slide down from 100 until you can see throught the white screen. . . keep sliding down until you get the Haze or transparancy effect you're looking for.
*Now go back up to "Layer" in your menu bar and click "Flatten Image" and you should have the picture complete.

Yell at me If you get stuck doing this and I'll see if I can help you out further.
Thank you Spurt !! I will try that in a second. I am downloading firefox right now.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #59
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuitarCock
ok, well how do i make the picture the size i want it for the sig? I cropped out the part I want. Do I open it as a layer?
Click on "Image" in your menu bar.
and then click "Resize" from the drop down menu.
make sure when you resize, it's no wider than 550 pixels, or no taller than 250 pixels.

You can also just click your "move" tool (small icon with four arrows pointing up, down, right and left). . . Click and hold one of the four corners from the selction box around the picture while holding down the "Shift" key at the same time. . . . this lets you enlarge or reduce the image in proportion.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #60
TheGuitarCock
Banned

Male

Ok, I got a blank image open and the right size. Now, the picture I want to use, do I open it as a layer on it or what?