CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
Luke Skycocker
TaySC
Cockhornleghorn
kingofnerf
Ironfan
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
Wisercock
SwampFox
*** #15 UofSC WBB (1 (1161)
Man Injects 18 'Dose (425)
2019 - DeQuan Watts
How Good Can Frank's Team
*** UofSC MBB (8-7, 3-0)
Discussion: 2020 Recruiti
*** #15 UofSC WBB (12-4,
No longer USC
Camden, SC Eats
Gamecocks Road to the NCA
2019 - Jamario Holley
2020 - Don Chaney Jr.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #21
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 4017870
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: *** #21 USC WBB (10-4, 2-0) vs. Florida (4-11, 0-2) ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
Lele with a chance for a double double: 7 pts, 9 rebs with 5 minutes to go. She's played hard tonight so I hope she gets it. Otherwise, it's nice to get a breather with a tough set of games ahead.

Would be nice, but not looking like she will make it.

Jennings and Harris also both close, but likely not going to make it.....
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:44 PM   #22
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 4017870
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

71-40 FINAL
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #23
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPit

Glad we were able to sustain and extend the lead with our bench. I wish they let Wesoleck get some minutes, I'm ready for Williams to finally gain some confidence.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:51 PM   #24
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 118025146
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post
Glad we were able to sustain and extend the lead with our bench. I wish they let Wesoleck get some minutes, I'm ready for Williams to finally gain some confidence.

Quote:
Gamecocks Game Updates‏ @GCgameday 2h2 hours ago

Elysa Wesolek will not play tonight with a sprained left ankle. She sprained the same ankle in high school. X-rays were negative, but she is wearing a boot.
Heal up quickly, Elysa!!
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #25
GeoCocky66
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21978
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Nice low key win. Now it gets real with LSU, MSU, and the Team who Must Not Be Named. We'll learn a lot about how much progress we've made and where we're likely to end up in the conference in the next 10 days.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #26
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

GAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPitGAMEKEM rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
[URL="https://twitter.com/GCgameday"]

Heal up quickly, Elysa!!
Oh no, I had no clue, thanks for the update.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #27
GeoCocky66
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21978
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

The Vols drop their second straight, this time to UK, and slip to 1-2 in conference. As Mr. Burns would say: "Excellent...."
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:15 PM   #28
scfastpitch
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

Quote:
Oh no, I had no clue, thanks for the update.

Can't help but pull for her . Interesting excerpt from the Spurs & Feathers article yesterday , after Dawn tells reporters about Wesolek's injury :

Shes got a bum ankle. She turned it over bad in high school [and] its the same one, the coach said. She felt the same kind of pain. She got X-rays. Nothing broken. Its just a bad sprain.

When asked if the forward who is averaging three points in about six minutes per game will play tomorrow night when the Gamecocks (10-4, 2-0 SEC) take on the Gators (4-11, 0-2 SEC) at 7 p.m. at Colonial Life Arena, Staley turned around and shouted to Wesolek, who was sitting nearby with her foot perched on a chair under a bag of ice, E, you playing tomorrow?

If you let me, she responded.

Shes that tough, Staley said. But no, she wont.
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #29
Carolina-Beez
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Carolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot material

I really like that starting lineup. Jennings is best when she's the 4th or 5th option on offense and doesn't have to force her shot in traffic.

Cooper's defense is getting better. She's still struggling to find her role on offense though. She was incredible against A&M, but I guess Dawn only wants her to take over games only when nothing else is working.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #30
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Much better performance tonight. The defense was terrific. Harris was assertive on offense. Cuevas was hot enough cook on.
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:30 PM   #31
Carolina-Beez
Bowl MVP

Male

Carolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot materialCarolina-Beez is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
The Vols drop their second straight, this time to UK, and slip to 1-2 in conference. As Mr. Burns would say: "Excellent...."
And they could be looking at a 3rd straight loss. The Vols play at Georgia this weekend.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:35 PM   #32
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
And they could be looking at a 3rd straight loss. The Vols play at Georgia this weekend.
Hehehe!! Didn't they give Holly Warlick an extension?
Old 01-10-2019, 11:36 PM   #33
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
You may be right, Georgia is giving MSU a good game right now, they might be the real deal.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:07 AM   #34
Milks26
Recruit

Female

Milks26 has feathers coming inMilks26 has feathers coming in

Quote:
You may be right, Georgia is giving MSU a good game right now, they might be the real deal.

Yeah, Georgia's doing well. They lost but not by much. And it was an away game

Norte Dame whoop Louisville a*s, and Tenn fall by 2. Must be they're unlucky number. Kentucky's doing well this yr thanks to Ryne Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Hehehe!! Didn't they give Holly Warlick an extension?

I'm not saying that she can never get one. But, Holly had her 'Natty' class a couple years ago, and for many reasons I'm sure, they could not bring it home.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #35
Carolina-Beez
Bowl MVP

Male

I'm almost rooting for Warlick. We don't want her to get fired. UT is a sleepy giant. As long as Warlick is the coach, it seems the Vols are destined to underperform.

Eventually, the era of Lady Vols dominance will be forgotten by most fans. High school recruits already have no memories of their glory years.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #36
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I'm almost rooting for Warlick. We don't want her to get fired. UT is a sleepy giant. As long as Warlick is the coach, it seems the Vols are destined to underperform.

Eventually, the era of Lady Vols dominance will be forgotten by most fans. High school recruits already have no memories of their glory years.
I feel ya. That's pretty much already happened. Yet we are all mystified by Jordan Horston telling Dawn no because she wanted to play for Pat Summit! I still chuckle over that one. Just as I knew Westbrook would eventually regret Tenn as her choice.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #37
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3025000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

Warlick is the best coach in the SEC-----at grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory. She is right where we need her to be. With her as the HC, it will keep the Vols from returning to the powerhouse that Pat built.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #38
Milks26
Recruit

Female

Milks26 has feathers coming inMilks26 has feathers coming in

Nah! Vols still have power on the recruiting train based on they're history.