CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
FurmanCock
GregoryHouse
dreammachine
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
rt3891
carolina_corpsman
2019 schedule out (1253)
CFN: South Carolina (1109)
Hot Seat Coaching Ra (505)
WBB recruiting summa (407)
2020 - Adam Chaney (319)
Erskine Football? (300)
Georgia v Auburn 201 (233)
National cheeseburge (160)
Gamecock weekly pres (136)
2019 schedule releas (128)
How Good Can Frank's Team
WBB recruiting summary:
CFN: South Carolina vs. V
Which teams does USC beat
Erskine Football?
Hot Seat Coaching Ranking
Bar-B-Que In South Caroli
2019 - Jaquaze Sorrells
2019 schedule out
Josh Gordon

Old 07-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #41
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: WBB seat fee ripoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
The point I made is that if someone only goes because tickets are cheap, they aren't much of a fan. I stand by the comment.
Right. Money equals better fans. I stand by my comment.
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #42
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Right. Money equals better fans. I stand by my comment.
Again this isn't a case where all seats are getting increased by this rate just the first 4 rows. This should impact no one when it comes to actually getting tickets, it just impacts where they'll sit. Unless of course someone was only going because they could get premium seats for dirt cheap and now that they aren't dirt cheap anymore they don't want to go and either pay more or move back x number of rows.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:15 AM   #43
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Again this isn't a case where all seats are getting increased by this rate just the first 4 rows. This should impact no one when it comes to actually getting tickets, it just impacts where they'll sit. Unless of course someone was only going because they could get premium seats for dirt cheap and now that they aren't dirt cheap anymore they don't want to go and either pay more or move back x number of rows.
Exactly
Old 07-08-2018, 09:25 AM   #44
GarnetGhost
Dawn Fan

Male

CockyCash: 500
GarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
For the sake of accuracy there are more than the first 4 rows involved. Still a small percentage of all lower bowl seats. The seats impacted: there is a $400 per seat donation for 113 & 115 Row AA; 101, 109, and 118 Row FL; 102, 103, 107, 116 and 117 Row AA and a $200 per seat donation for 105 Rows AA-8 and 114 Row CC.
GarnetGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #45
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

So, basically, all of the courtside seats and the first 11 rows of section 105, which includes my seats. In summary, there are about 17,700 other seats in the arena without "seat fees".
Old 07-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #46
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

GAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudly

I don't get the what the fuss is all about. Considering the success we have had and the fact that we lead in attendance it's no surprise that any organization will take advantage of the fan base interest. I know it sucks to pay more for the same seating but the demand for those seats have increased over the years.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #47
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
The point I made is that if someone only goes because tickets are cheap, they aren't much of a fan. I stand by the comment.
And anyone with an IQ above 10 would have to agree with you.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #48
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetGhost View Post
For the sake of accuracy there are more than the first 4 rows involved. Still a small percentage of all lower bowl seats. The seats impacted: there is a $400 per seat donation for 113 & 115 Row AA; 101, 109, and 118 Row FL; 102, 103, 107, 116 and 117 Row AA and a $200 per seat donation for 105 Rows AA-8 and 114 Row CC.
So less than $1.50 a day seat donation a year.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #49
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

I dont have a big problem with it, but his point is valid.

usc gets mad if you sell back your tickets for more than the value on the ticket

usc and fans get mad if you sell your tickets to any opposing fans

but you have great attendance and show up for every game and the next year they reserve the right to price you right out. Then some big wig with money buys the spot and shows up to maybe one game. The attendance figures stay the same since well the person bought the tickets but in reality only 2/3 of that is actual attendance.

we also shouldnt act like this is the first fan to get mad at this kinda thing. fans have gotten upset at being in the same seats forever at WB and then getting forced out by pricing. all those years watching a sorry product and usc prices them out when they get good enough to compete. they did it with the sarge, selling out the first base side which became the graveyard. I get why this fan is upset
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:21 PM   #50
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
wait what? there are very loyal fans who struggle to put food on the table.

and there are many rich gamecock fans who never show up and have tickets for show. there is no correlation between money and being a better/worse fan.

bad take
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:48 PM   #51
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 6465
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
Will you be affected by it?
Hell no. Only a silly person or someone with loads of money would pay that much for women’s basketball tickets. And by that much I mean more than $0 dollars.

But if being moved back to row G for women’s basketball gets your goat up then just wait a few years for when Dawn Staley gets bought up by a program that will pay for her because they charge a couple of hundred bucks for courtside seats. Then you will be able to sit anywhere you’d like at a women’s basketball game just like you could before Dawn arrived.

Last edited by Nureye; 07-08-2018 at 06:11 PM..
Nureye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:27 PM   #52
GarnetGhost
Dawn Fan

Male

GarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post

usc gets mad if you sell back your tickets for more than the value on the ticket

but you have great attendance and show up for every game and the next year they reserve the right to price you right out. Then some big wig with money buys the spot and shows up to maybe one game. The attendance figures stay the same since well the person bought the tickets but in reality only 2/3 of that is actual attendance.

we also shouldnt act like this is the first fan to get mad at this kinda thing. fans have gotten upset at being in the same seats forever at WB and then getting forced out by pricing. all those years watching a sorry product and usc prices them out when they get good enough to compete. they did it with the sarge, selling out the first base side which became the graveyard. I get why this fan is upset
USC must stay mad a lot cause every season I see a lot of USC football, MBB and WBB for sale on Ticketmaster, StubHub and other online sites. Nearly all are above face with most significantly above face.
GarnetGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:38 PM   #53
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Hell no. Only a silly person or someone with loads of money would pay that much for women’s basketball tickets. And by that much I mean more than $0 dollars.

But if being moved back to row G for women’s basketball gets your goat up then just wait a few years for when Dawn Staley gets bought up by a program that will pay for her because they charge a couple of hundred bucks for courtside seats. Then you will be able to sit anywhere you’d like at a women’s basketball game just like you could before Dawn arrived.
Bingo!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:39 PM   #54
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
wait what? there are very loyal fans who struggle to put food on the table.

and there are many rich gamecock fans who never show up and have tickets for show. there is no correlation between money and being a better/worse fan.

bad take
Obviously, you've never been to a game, because if you truly struggle to pay for tickets, there are plenty available outside the arena for next to nothing each game.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:35 PM   #55
gAmkok
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4000
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

He can't "just move back to row 5." Row 5 seats are already held by other season ticket holders. As are most of rows 6-25. It's a crappy situation for the people affected by it - almost a "pay up or get out" proposition.

Raising prices to raise revenue is understandable, but I think it could have been handled better. Such a sudden and exorbitant cost is jarring when it's your money being extorted.

It is very much the same conversation we had about football when the YES program was introduced. Growing pains I guess.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #56
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:

This notion that USC owes anyone out of loyalty because they paid price of seats for year that they got for that year is absolutely ridiculous. It's a business and this is a new year. USC can charge what they want for their seating. Welcome to the rest of us who didn't get to sit on the first rows. It's not that bad so why whine about it? I don't like to sit that close anyway. I would rather sit rows 10-15 so I can see more of the action with out hurting my neck. Why does anyone need to sit that close anyway? Does he need to hear what Dawn is telling the players so that he can correct her or something? Sheesh. But anyway, he didn't pay for loyalty or a right to pay whatever he wants forever for the seats he wanted. He paid for his seats for the time specified time and that is what he got so it's even steven. It's a big price increase. Okay? That must mean there must be a high demand from some people who have the cash to burn. That is a good thing we should all be happy about if we actually care.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:20 AM   #57
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Someone said it earlier and I agree... at Colonial Life there isn’t a bad seat in the lower bowl. We have a nice arena and nice facilities...

Looking at it from a longer lens, something tells me that this probably has something to do with the idea of refurbishing the Carolina Coliseum into a new student union picking up steam again. I’ve been paying attention to the meeting minutes at the board of trustees meeting and this comes up every time. The idea is that the Carolina Coliseum gets refurbished into a Union/practice facility.. but something tells me the athletic department probably has something else in mind, like a stand-alone facility near the arena.. This fee won’t make much of a dent financially but when the time comes, it’s something to present to the board and the general assembly for approval (think “hey, look at us.. we’re helping out” sorta thing).. because remember, we are a state school.. things like athletic facilities have to go through state approval even though they are funded mostly by the AthDept. Keep your eyes open to this. Politics is all optics. The school is politicking for that new Student Union and our Athletic Department really prefers having a stand alone basketball practice facility but they’ll settle for the joint idea if they HAVE to.

When you increase your revenue it increases the likelihood of you getting what you really want.. hence why football gets whatever they want... because they bring in the most money.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:29 AM   #58
longhaul
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2000
longhaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot material

Basic economics. Supply and demand. It does suck for someone that supported the team all this time, but we all say we want to be a top notch program and there are cost involved in that. We would be pissed if another school offered Dawn more money and we let her walk so I guess there are two sides to everything.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:31 AM   #59
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 101600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I can understand being frustrated but this already happens in football so why should basketball be immune?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #60
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
So you're not impacted by it, just in favor of others paying 500% more. Quite a bold stance.

I get the premium seating but not in favor of the extortion or eviction process. There will apparently not be the option to move back a few rows, it will be more like moving back 20 rows.
In general, I think the AD is in the process of slowly strangling the fan support at WBB in search of a few extra dollars. Pretty short-sighted in my opinion.

But I would like to know how you think the AD should handle raising ticket prices. Do you think you should should push someone else out of their seats behind you because you aren't going to pay this premium?

If they are going to raise prices then they have to come up with some mechanism. I wouldn't call it extortion.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote