CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GregoryHouse
Captain9Dragons
Luke Skycocker
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
carolina_corpsman
FurmanCock
TAFC 5 1981
rt3891
Gamecock Receivers (1253)
We Can Beat Them (1117)
Great Article on Coa (793)
College football pod (290)
The Open (242)
For the Drag Racing (140)
Great College Footba (80)
Selling 4 Tickets for Eve
Great Article on Coach Mu
why no mention of Garcia
TD to Shi
The Open
2019 Commitment - Jahkeem
Softball - looking ahead
We Can Beat Them
Gamecock Receivers
Great College Football Ga

Old 12-29-2017, 09:41 AM   #21
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 9109643
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Re: Felder's return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
It's definite?
no

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:52 AM   #22
JDuro
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
JDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot materialJDuro is USC mascot material

@ARamspacher
Frank Martin says everyone is on board with Felder returning to school, but "I have made the decision for Rakym not to play this year." "He is eligible to play, but I chose not to play him."

https://twitter.com/aramspacher/stat...57369794510849
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:52 AM   #23
swjwjwkw
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 500
swjwjwkw is developing his combswjwjwkw is developing his combswjwjwkw is developing his combswjwjwkw is developing his combswjwjwkw is developing his combswjwjwkw is developing his combswjwjwkw is developing his combswjwjwkw is developing his comb

He will return to the university, but he will not return to the basketball team this season.

https://247sports.com/college/south-...olinaGamecocks

"HEAVEN ON EARTH"
swjwjwkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #24
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

It has been announced that Felder will return for the Spring semester. Frank will redshirt him and he will NOT play this season. I don't know if he will even be allowed to practice with the team this season. But, he is back, and I expect he will be on the team at some point.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #25
Mr. Belvedere
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Mr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPit

Welp.. good for next year I guess.

Might as well close it up for 2018. Looks like predictions will be true on where we end up in the SEC. Just too much inconsistency and inexperience.

Just seems like a waste for these JUCO guys to come in and basically float a .500 season.

Mr. Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #26
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material

glad he at least gets to go to class

Old 12-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #27
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

While it sucks athletically, this decison by Frank makes me a proud alumni.
It shows he is more than just basketball.

Felder made a mistake, and he is fortunate to be back with the team.

And to be honest, Felder is not in shape, and won't be in shape by February at the earliest, and by that point this team will likely be out of a dance card situation.

Transition year. Let the young players get some stripes on their sleeve. Keep focused and keep fighting for wins, but I think even Frank knows this team does not have IT.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #28
GAMEKEM
Blue Chip

Male

GAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudlyGAMEKEM is crowing loudly

Wow, I definitely respect Frank Martin's decision. Also I think some of y'all are giving Felder too much credit, in that his return would have automatically solve all our problems. The most important part of the season starts in the coming weeks and I truly believe that our team this year can still do well if we can figure out our roles as a team soon. If we do, then everyone better look out, because we can really make so noise this year.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #29
Feathers
4-Star

Male

Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

He may not have been able to have made much of contribution this late in the year. By the time he was back in game shape and in the flow of things, it probably would have taken until February.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #30
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
While it sucks athletically, this decison by Frank makes me a proud alumni.
It shows he is more than just basketball.

Felder made a mistake, and he is fortunate to be back with the team.

And to be honest, Felder is not in shape, and won't be in shape by February at the earliest, and by that point this team will likely be out of a dance card situation.

Transition year. Let the young players get some stripes on their sleeve. Keep focused and keep fighting for wins, but I think even Frank knows this team does not have IT.
I agree. CFM knows a lot more about this situation than any of us.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:59 AM   #31
GeoCocky66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3603
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Belvedere View Post

Might as well close it up for 2018. Looks like predictions will be true on where we end up in the SEC. Just too much inconsistency and inexperience.

Just seems like a waste for these JUCO guys to come in and basically float a .500 season.
We don't have any 'JUCO guys' - we have 2 grad transfers. Booker is playing 10 minutes more than he did last year at FAU of all places, and has greatly improved whatever stock he has. He's been good, consistent, and gets to play near his hometown. I doubt that Myers is missing the trainwreck that is Maine basketball (3-11), but I'm still waiting for him to take a step up here. He has gotten more minutes and looked better vs. Clemson and Limestone, so maybe good things are coming.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #32
Mr. Belvedere
Blue Chip

Male

Mr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPitMr. Belvedere rules the CockPit

JUCO, grad transfers... my point was they won't be here next year and can't provide enough to overcome the losses.

They are playing on a .500 team. I'm hopeful they can make a little run here, but not likely with our inconsistent and terrible point guard play.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:42 PM   #33
Mr. Belvedere
Blue Chip

Male

Also, I'm not against his decision, just sucks we can't benefit this year.

Regardless of time missed, he would boost that position immediately.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #34
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
We don't have any 'JUCO guys' - we have 2 grad transfers. Booker is playing 10 minutes more than he did last year at FAU of all places, and has greatly improved whatever stock he has. He's been good, consistent, and gets to play near his hometown. I doubt that Myers is missing the trainwreck that is Maine basketball (3-11), but I'm still waiting for him to take a step up here. He has gotten more minutes and looked better vs. Clemson and Limestone, so maybe good things are coming.
Yeah, I think the one takeaway from the early season games is that Gravett is not ready to be the main PG. That leaves some combination of Myers and Holden (when healthy) with Gravett as back-up.

I also think that Beatty will get a look. That is a lot of "lead" type guards and no true points, which is why everyone wanted Rah back.

We will be fine. Let Myers start, then give Holden a chance to beat him out when he can go full speed, keep using Gravett in reserve. Point Guard by committee, we will be fine.

Next year is Gravett, Holden and Rah.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #35
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

It is good Felder is back in school. It is bad that he can't play this season. I hope he can keep his record clean from here on out.

Next season Felder should be in the mix at PG. I don't like it that he will now be in the same class as Beatty, Minaya, etc. That make six guys in that class, which is too many. But, someone might transfer (I hope not). Having basically half the team in one class is not a good thing and something that should be avoided if possible.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #36
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 101600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I applaud this decision from Martin
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:08 PM   #37
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

There's basically two schools of thought on what to do about him:

1. Take him back, let him play until he screws up again, and then throw him under the bus after we have used him up. There are plenty of other programs that do stuff like this.

2. Or do what Frank did: Take the high road and give him a chance at success in life after basketball.

We're going to do much better than people think this season, too.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:16 PM   #38
AndersonCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Frank is a great coach but an even better man one day we will get big time players and become a dynasty.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:19 PM   #39
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

Spur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPitSpur20001 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Belvedere View Post

Maybe you have not paid attention to the transfers and grad players that have really helped Dawn's team and many other teams. Booker is a great addition to Frank's team, so would Holden if he can ever get healthy. Also look for Myers to help this team.

Another great example is the Clemson team as they are loaded with transfers and have the best team they have had in years. In short, I completely disagree with you.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #40
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

no way felder could make enough difference even if he did come back this season