CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
smoovecock
rt3891
MountainCock
Three and Out
Order 66
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
gotrice?
Pats - Jags Game Fix (1358)
South Carolina Gamec (937)
Football Recruiting (720)
Breaking down the Ga (581)
All (half) Decade te (480)
I had a dream last n (403)
2018 Spring Scrimmag (271)
2021 - Quenton Barne (205)
2018 SEC Pre-Spring (204)
ROKU (111)
2018 Spring Scrimmages
Stephen Gilmore
PODCAST: The Spurs Up Sho
Football Recruiting - Top
How Many 247- 4 Stars in
The 2018 Big Dance Thread
What does Frank need for
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
Pats - Jags Game Fixed Co
Breaking down the Gamecoc

Old 01-03-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover
Default **USC (9-4) vs. Missouri (10-3) GAME Thread**

South Carolina begins a two-game homestand when it hosts Missouri on Wednesday in the SEC home opener at Colonial Life Arena. The Gamecocks look to even their SEC record, after suffering a 74-69 loss on the road at Ole Miss on Sunday in the league opener.

Date: Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018
Tipoff: 9 p.m.
Arena: Colonial Life Arena (18,000)
Broadcast: ESPN2
Play-By-Play: Beth Mowins
Analyst: Sean Farnham
Series: Tied, 4-4
Tickets: GamecocksOnline.com/1-800-4SC-FANS

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...010218aab.html
Old 01-03-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC (9-4) vs. Missouri (10-3) GAME Thread**

I think every home game is a "must win" game. If you lose at home, you have to win one on the road to take its place. I'm guessing we need at least 10 SEC regular season wins to be invited to the NCAAT. It would be great to get the first one tonight!

Hopefully, Myers and Beatty will be a little more prepared to play the PG position tonight than they were at Ole Miss. We should also have Evan Hinson back, which gives us more depth on the wings. If Gravett can play, maybe he can help some.

Kotsar must recover from whatever he had at OM that made him play badly. He has to be more productive for us.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1061017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
I think every home game is a "must win" game. If you lose at home, you have to win one on the road to take its place. I'm guessing we need at least 10 SEC regular season wins to be invited to the NCAAT. It would be great to get the first one tonight!

Hopefully, Myers and Beatty will be a little more prepared to play the PG position tonight than they were at Ole Miss. We should also have Evan Hinson back, which gives us more depth on the wings. If Gravett can play, maybe he can help some.

Kotsar must recover from whatever he had at OM that made him play badly. He has to be more productive for us.
We're going to need to do a lot more than win 10 games to get in the tourney. This team doesn't have the horses.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #4
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
We're going to need to do a lot more than win 10 games to get in the tourney. This team doesn't have the horses.
I said ten SEC regular season games. Not counting non-conference wins.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:51 AM   #5
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1061017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I said ten SEC regular season games. Not counting non-conference wins.
I know. We're going to need a lot more than 10 SEC wins. They won't let us in at 19-12.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #6
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Right now with this team making the NIT would be a huge accomplishment.....finishing with a winning season will be a great season....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #7
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I know. We're going to need a lot more than 10 SEC wins. They won't let us in at 19-12.
Not so sure about that. Ten wins will put us in the top half of the SEC. Depends on how many SEC teams get invited.

And then, the SEC Tournament will be played before the selections are announced, so there will be a chance to pick up more wins.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #8
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Right now with this team making the NIT would be a huge accomplishment.....finishing with a winning season will be a great season....
Missing the NCAAT will be a disappointment. At least for me. Just winning more than they lose will be a bad year.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
Wybird
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 935000
Wybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talonsWybird has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Missing the NCAAT will be a disappointment. At least for me. Just winning more than they lose will be a bad year.
There is no way this team is making the tournament. Hope I'm wrong though.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:34 PM   #10
CharlestonCock2010
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
CharlestonCock2010 is learning to peckCharlestonCock2010 is learning to peck

Is Gravett playing tonight? If he does, how effective will he be on the healing ankle? This will be key in a game where turnovers will make the difference. Missouri does not do well against a tough, pressure defense.
CharlestonCock2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:34 PM   #11
Feathers
4-Star

Male

Feathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his combFeathers is developing his comb

Quote:
I don't think we can get 10 SEC wins but if we do I think we have a chance of getting in. The SEC is much stronger this year from top to bottom.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:37 PM   #12
Gamecockman12
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 7200
Gamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot materialGamecockman12 is USC mascot material

There is no chance of us making the tournament this year. I hope I'm wrong, but based on everything I've seen this year I just don't see it. NIT would be a great season in my opinion with the personnel losses from last year. I just hope we continue to give these guys our support this year.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:48 PM   #13
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockman12 View Post
There is no chance of us making the tournament this year. I hope I'm wrong, but based on everything I've seen this year I just don't see it. NIT would be a great season in my opinion with the personnel losses from last year. I just hope we continue to give these guys our support this year.
I'm right there with you.
Just don't have the guard play.

Gravett is good off the bench, but he is not a starting PG. Myers is quick, but seems more like a 2G. Beatty also strikes me more as a 2G.

The team does have some decent shooting with Minaya and Booker, but lacks a guy they can go to when they need a bucket (a al Sin Thornwell/Devan Downey type).

Bigs are good, but not dominant. The loss of Holden also hurts, he at least gave you a leading scorer type guy to pair with Beatty in the backcourt.

NIT would be a good step, maybe win two games to get some post season experience for the youth.

Next year's team has promise if things go to plan with Felder. Pair him with Holden and Beatty and that has the potential to be a good Guard trio. All the bigs are also set to return. Hope Martin can bring in two guys to replace Booker and Myers.

(Hoping for Jermaine Cousinard and Jairus Hamilton...not on the Zion train like many people).

Don't forget about the pure athletic potential of Doumbia also.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #14
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Its early. Every team is a work in progress, or regress. Frank thinks this team can be better than they have shown, and he's around them all the time, so he should know. Need Holden back asap! He has the potential to be our best PG. But PG isn't our only problem. Kotsar has to play better. He has to score more and rebound more for the team to reach its potential. I also think Gravett and Myers can be better than they have shown so far. Sometimes it takes a while for players to hit the right gear. The danger is that we will lose too many SEC games before that happens. We really need this win tonight.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:00 PM   #15
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot material

BOOM

https://armchairallamericans.com/wil...inst-missouri/
Old 01-03-2018, 07:01 PM   #16
GAMEKEM
4-Star

Male

GAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervous

I personally haven't given up on this season. I don't think the the NCAAT is out of the question yet but unlike previous years we have to finish the season strong. The potential is there even with our current PG woes. I think the next few games are crucial to how our season ends up.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #17
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 105987138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

NCAA is absolutely not happening. We'll be doing good to make the NIT at this point. I don't see us winning more than 5 games in conference
Old 01-03-2018, 07:08 PM   #18
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

The media said during the CC game the Evan Hinson is the only player that Martin said he trusts in a one-on-one matchup.

I expect Hinson to get some PT tonight and be a solid contributor on defense now that FB is over with.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #19
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
The media said during the CC game the Evan Hinson is the only player that Martin said he trusts in a one-on-one matchup.

I expect Hinson to get some PT tonight and be a solid contributor on defense now that FB is over with.
Frank needs to play Evan a lot more than he has been. Hinson can help this team.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #20
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gravett and Holden out for this game. Holden is now walking without crutches. Both guys are improving.

Myers will start at PG. Beatty will back him up. Having had a couple of days practice since the Ole Miss game, I would expect both of those guys to play better tonight.