CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Captain9Dragons
CockyLifer
Flameout12
FurmanCock
Ironfan
Order 66
Master Bedroom
rt3891
NinjaSven
Gamecocks Wide Recei (999)
Convince me these ar (962)
Korey Banks transfer (840)
Pickens needs your H (536)
Muschamp's signature (514)
One Thing We Can All (432)
SEC QB FACTS ...... (426)
I finally figured ou (333)
Handing out rep like (305)
A Few Thoughts On Th (263)
Battling Apathy
Serious Question to our f
A Few Thoughts On This Se
Convince me these are all
The drops aren't on the r
I finally figured out wha
Gator Fan's Perspective o
Worst case scenario
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Korey Banks transfering

Old 01-08-2018, 12:10 AM   #81
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2315723
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC Women (13-1) vs. Missouri (13-2) GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
hmmm they were the same refs that were there last year when we lost. exact same ones. The team that won the national championship just happens to lost back to back years in the same situation and it's not rigged? BS.
The bald guy and the female ref are the two that reffed last years game.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:26 AM   #82
GarnetGhost
Dawn Fan

Male

CockyCash: 500
GarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Hearing Haley Troup was getting a little backlash.
Do you have more details? From our team or fans?
GarnetGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:30 AM   #83
GarnetGhost
Dawn Fan

Male

GarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudlyGarnetGhost is crowing loudly

Quote:
hmmm they were the same refs that were there last year when we lost. exact same ones. The team that won the national championship just happens to lost back to back years in the same situation and it's not rigged? BS.
I'm not big into conspiracy theories but it does seem that someone does not want USC to get that 5th in a row regular season SEC title. Wonder how chippy the game against Tenn will be on the 14th?
Old 01-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #84
allnet43
Recruit

Male

allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetGhost View Post
Do you have more details? From our team or fans?
Check Troupís twitter post.......
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:13 AM   #85
GarnetGhost
Dawn Fan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnet43 View Post
Check Troupís twitter post.......
She should show a little more grace toward her former team. A good reason to disallow twitter for players during the season. Hope she enjoyed her free trip to Japan. I think Misery may be my new most hated SEC WBB team.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #86
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

https://twitter.com/haleytroup13/sta...13128918016002

We just been served and now it's ON!
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #87
CTBBall
Walk On

Male

CTBBall has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
...and of course we have the token ignorant UConn poster who doesn't post here in over a month, but comes running back to post in the Ole Miss and now this thread. GTFO, and stay over on the Boneyard where you trash USC WBB......
I guess I'm another one of those ignorant UConn posters because I fail see what was so terrible about what was said. It's not his/her fault that you get so defensive and take every little thing so personal. It's just a college basketball message board, for God's sake. Fans of other teams and WCBB in general like to visit here because you have knowledgeable fans and usually are not treated like most are treated over at the lady vol boards. I think there are a lot more UConn fans that respect and support Dawn and your team than not.
CTBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #88
GarnetGhost
Dawn Fan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBBall View Post
I guess I'm another one of those ignorant UConn posters because I fail see what was so terrible about what was said. It's not his/her fault that you get so defensive and take every little thing so personal. It's just a college basketball message board, for God's sake. Fans of other teams and WCBB in general like to visit here because you have knowledgeable fans and usually are not treated like most are treated over at the lady vol boards. I think there are a lot more UConn fans that respect and support Dawn and your team than not.
I agree that Nuyoika's post was not disrespectful and I believe that for the most part WBB fans of other teams are welcome and are treated well on Cockytalk. However Gamecock fans feel the team and Coach Staley were treated unfairly yesterday so anything said by other team's fans right now which is perceived as critical toward Coach or team is not going to be received well by some Gamecock fans.

And as far as gettiing defensive and taking every little thing so personal kettle meet pot. Go on over to the Boneyard and read some of the posts by your fellow fans towards USC, ND, Baylor, Tenn, etc.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #89
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

I didn't watch the game until today.

We didn't call a timeout in the 4th quarter until Lisa Boyer did after Dawn was ejected with under 2:00 left in the game, which was too late.

It looked to me like Dawn was fixated on the officiating instead of trying to come up with a Plan B after our bigs had to ride the bench.

Cunningham got called for the foul for pulling Spann back. It looked to me look Spann was holding her waist right before Sophie threw her back.

Both A'ja and Sophie rode the bench for the same amount of time, but Mizzou kept playing their game and we couldn't buy a basket.

The headbutt from the other Mizzou player looked incidental and not intentional, but I am sure it was plenty painful for A'ja just the same.

Instead of sulking about A'ja and Alexis being on the bench, we need to come up with a Plan B so we're prepared the next time it happens.

And it will.

Team loss.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:06 PM   #90
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
I didn't watch the game until today.

We didn't call a timeout in the 4th quarter until Lisa Boyer did after Dawn was ejected with under 2:00 left in the game, which was too late.

It looked to me like Dawn was fixated on the officiating instead of trying to come up with a Plan B after our bigs had to ride the bench.

Cunningham got called for the foul for pulling Spann back. It looked to me look Spann was holding her waist right before Sophie threw her back.

Both A'ja and Sophie rode the bench for the same amount of time, but Mizzou kept playing their game and we couldn't buy a basket.

The headbutt from the other Mizzou player looked incidental and not intentional, but I am sure it was plenty painful for A'ja just the same.

Instead of sulking about A'ja and Alexis being on the bench, we need to come up with a Plan B so we're prepared the next time it happens.

And it will.

Team loss.
The point is that a lot of established stars get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to minor fouls. Our two bigs, including the future National Player of the Year, got taken out of the game early. Then A'ja got called for two more early in the second half.

Just the opposite of allowing them to play a little. The same thing happens to Silva - it is like the refs are looking for fouls so that they get taken out of the game.

I agree with Dawn taking a stand on the fouls and officiating. If you don't, the refs will assume that everything is wonderful and continue to officiate the same way. She stood up for her players.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:43 AM   #91
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119154183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTBBall View Post
I'll reply to you with the same exact type of reply your fans and even site administrators over on the the Boneyard say to USC posters there who complain about the trashy classless comments about our program, head coach, and players that are posted there by your fanbase:

This is a South Carolina-specific message board for South Carolina Gamecock fans, and as such you should expect more bias towards South Carolina by its posters than anything else. If those comments hurt your sensibilities, then it may best serve you to go somewhere else where your sensibilities won't be so offended. Otherwise, tread carefully here (a ominous warning your admin loves to say all the time there).

And at least South Carolina is a conference rival to Tennessee: I have yet to read the type of low-brow trash about USC's WBB program that I've read from UConn fans since Wilson chose us over UT and UNC (why that should piss off so many CT. fans I'll never understand). Here is the latest example of the class that comes from your fanbase:

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/miz...rolina.122436/
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #92
GarnetGhost
Dawn Fan

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I'll reply to you with the same exact type of reply your fans and even site administrators over on the the Boneyard say to USC posters there who complain about the trashy classless comments about our program, head coach, and players that are posted there by your fanbase:

This is a South Carolina-specific message board for South Carolina Gamecock fans, and as such you should expect more bias towards South Carolina by its posters than anything else. If those comments hurt your sensibilities, then it may best serve you to go somewhere else where your sensibilities won't be so offended. Otherwise, tread carefully here (a ominous warning your admin loves to say all the time there).

And at least South Carolina is a conference rival to Tennessee: I have yet to read the type of low-brow trash about USC's WBB program that I've read from UConn fans since Wilson chose us over UT and UNC (why that should piss off so many CT. fans I'll never understand). Here is the latest example of the class that comes from your fanbase:

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/miz...rolina.122436/
Thanks Conway. You said it better than I did. The thing about Wilson is that they wanted her. Since they didn't get her they trash her and the team/coach she picked. And of course they're yankees who think they have a right to tell us poor hick Southerners how to act and feel. A few on the Boneyard know what's coming when Geno steps down but most are ignorant. We won't be the only fan base that will revel in their misery. No one, not even uconn, stays on the mountain top forever.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #93
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2800000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

Let me say this about UCONN: my Mama told me that if you can't say anything good about someone, don't say anything. So.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #94
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Stop whining about fans from other teams posting on here. As long as they are respectful and don't come here talking trash they should be welcomed. If you don't like them commenting here than YOU should stay away.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #95
EAtMoRTaYtErz
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetGhost View Post
I'm not big into conspiracy theories but it does seem that someone does not want USC to get that 5th in a row regular season SEC title. Wonder how chippy the game against Tenn will be on the 14th?
This is not the first time this official has done this kind of thing though.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:10 PM   #96
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
The point is that a lot of established stars get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to minor fouls. Our two bigs, including the future National Player of the Year, got taken out of the game early. Then A'ja got called for two more early in the second half.

Just the opposite of allowing them to play a little. The same thing happens to Silva - it is like the refs are looking for fouls so that they get taken out of the game.

I agree with Dawn taking a stand on the fouls and officiating. If you don't, the refs will assume that everything is wonderful and continue to officiate the same way. She stood up for her players.
Oh, I see Dawn's point.

The fouls happened so early and so fast that there weren't even any replays.

Our OOC opponents have been doubling-up and harassing A'ja since the beginning of the season because they know getting our bigs in foul trouble is one of the keys to beating us. She usually hangs tough and gets payback with points in the 4th quarter, but it will get worse not better as the season goes on.

I don't disagree with you, but I think it was a bad look for us because we didn't have a fallback plan after A'ja and Alexis got put on the bench with foul trouble. Mizzou did after Cunningham also rode the bench and it's why they won.

Dawn is wanting to increase A'ja's odds of getting NPOTY by giving her as much PT as possible, but we won't go far in this year's post-season if we don't develop a "small game" enough to be competitive.

We are going to have to find a balance if we want to make a deep run in the NCAAT.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:11 PM   #97
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Stop whining about fans from other teams posting on here. As long as they are respectful and don't come here talking trash they should be welcomed. If you don't like them commenting here than YOU should stay away.
Exactly; as visiting fans go, they've been friendly.