CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Lancelot
Spur's Addiction
carolina_corpsman
Master Bedroom
ShutTheSuccop
Captain9Dragons
kick_ball
LBC
TastyLicks
Can Carolina and Ten (1051)
Gamecock Jordan bran (1037)
Jovaughn Gwyn is str (844)
Traeger Grill - Prim (347)
Kawhi to Toronto for (262)
Gamecock Football Mi (224)
USC 2018 Rank The Ga (216)
National Hot Dog Day (194)
What's the Ideal Tem (177)
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
SEC Media Days
2019 - Travon Walker
National Hot Dog Day
Gamecock Football Mini Pl
Gamecock Jordan brand?
Kawhi to Toronto for Dero
18 days
Swansea head football coa
A'ja Number 1!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #4761
spurfan93
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5200
spurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot materialspurfan93 is USC mascot material
Default Re: THE Vent and Coaching Change Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
Yes there are. But explain to me how this works.

Let's say you are a guy who has done good work the past few years. Lots of people would like to have you come on board, and are willing and able to pay you just as well as we can.

Now tell me why you are coming here. How long do you expect Spurrier to stay on? Is this some kind of head coach trial thing?

What about Whammy? Is he staying? If he is, how is that going to work exactly?

If this Muschamp thing falls through...

Well I dunno. But I don't think it is good.

At all.
If I were Will, I would want to bring in all of the defensive coaches I wanted. I'm sure Ward is a great guy, but im sure Ward and Muschamp don't share the same schemes and defensive philosophy (obviously). If I were the head coach of the defense, I would want my staff in there and know that we're on the same page. He would be able to do that at Auburn. People keep worrying about losing recruits if we lose Ward....we're already losing them the more this drags on.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #4762
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
He's always vague. I think he's genuinely connected and relays what he hears. Most times he is right, some times he isn't. I hope he's way wrong this time.
He's right on what? Like 95% of his tweets are him retweeting actual people with sources. The other 5% is him saying "dang" and "terrible" in response to games.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #4763
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 100780348
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

I miss six stars.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #4764
johnmcclane
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
He's right on what? Like 95% of his tweets are him retweeting actual people with sources. The other 5% is him saying "dang" and "terrible" in response to games.
recruiting predictions.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #4765
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
recruiting predictions.
Which ones? I haven't seen any predictions recently.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #4766
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000365601
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
I hate you. But seriously, where the hell is my lawn mower than eh? You want to see my snake don't ya? Jealousy is an ugly thing man. I'll take up that holding snakes religion and pray for you. Damn commie. Lol.
if you buy a 3-D printer, you can make another one.......all kiddin aside, where do they have Thursday 50cent beer night in Columbia.....
Old 12-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #4767
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

The meltdown could come from the reason we miss on Muschamp not just missing on him
Old 12-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #4768
sunbeam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
sunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPitsunbeam rules the CockPit

So what happens with recruiting for this year and next year's record if we have exactly the same coaching staff for next season?
Old 12-11-2014, 10:51 PM   #4769
gamecockphan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
The meltdown could come from the reason we miss on Muschamp not just missing on him
That's how I read the tweets too. Someone asked if tanner and sos did everything they could and he replied nope.

No clue if this dude Knows what he's talking about.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #4770
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000365601
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
we'll never know the truth.....
Old 12-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #4771
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
So what happens with recruiting for this year and next year's record if we have exactly the same coaching staff for next season?
Based on the 2 decommits in the last two weeks and wavering on some others, it doesn't look like anything good.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #4772
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062190122800
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Based on the 2 decommits in the last two weeks and wavering on some others, it doesn't look like anything good.
based on just that I would say we are removing a coach or coaches from staff.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 12-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #4773
Flab
Walk On

Male

Flab has hatched from the shell

Anyone care to summarize what the guy on the other board is saying regarding CWM not coming here according to a source he trusts?
Old 12-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #4774
kevhugh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5583
kevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudlykevhugh is crowing loudly

Reading between the lines of Espn's tweets I get the feeling it's Ward and the status quo or the return of Ellis Johnson
Old 12-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #4775
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062190122800
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flab View Post
Anyone care to summarize what the guy on the other board is saying regarding CWM not coming here according to a source he trusts?
It's nothing, no one knows anything. Except the parties directly involved.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 12-11-2014, 10:57 PM   #4776
peterlemon
Bowl MVP

Male

peterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevhugh View Post
Reading between the lines of Espn's tweets I get the feeling it's Ward and the status quo or the return of Ellis Johnson
Please God, no more Ellis Johnson! This guy jumps from school every couple of years after he is fired or gets another offer. I don't think I would be able to take listening to his good ole boy bullshit anymore or him tossing players under the bus left and right.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:57 PM   #4777
Flab
Walk On

Male

Flab has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
It's nothing, no one knows anything. Except the parties directly involved.
I understand that, but the smoke seems to not really be in our favor at the moment, just curious as to what he was hearing.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #4778
garnetchicken
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

Espn4lyf is probably just looking in his Crystal ball and gonna predict Palmer decommits.I'm gonna say Bill Clark gets announced tomorrow for Auburn DC.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #4779
gAmkok
MB: Regional, FB: 10-2

Male

CockyCash: 8000
gAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot materialgAmkok is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevhugh View Post
Of the two, EJ is the better option, so I'm leaning toward the same ol' same ol'.

If espn4lyf has any credibility, assuming that we were ever actually in the running for WM's services, it sounds like we drew the line at a stipulation that was a deal breaker for WM (or his agent). Seems like it might be a really dumb one. I'm going to guess we tried to give him a full staff of assistants and refused to give him a say.

OR, it could be that we never actually talked to WM about coming here at all. That would rile some people up.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #4780
peterlemon
Bowl MVP

Male

peterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot materialpeterlemon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetchicken View Post
Espn4lyf is probably just looking in his Crystal ball and gonna predict Palmer decommits.I'm gonna say Bill Clark gets announced tomorrow for Auburn DC.
He is actually a 10 year old and he hasn't tweeted in a while because he got yelled at for tweeting after his bed time.
Closed Thread