CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Order 66
SC Gamecock
CockyLifer
FurmanCock
Cockypantherfan
Senior Rooster
Blackland
GregoryHouse
Garnet&BlackOp
THIS IS WHAT WE DO. (1235)
We're going have our (1208)
Johnathan Gipson (556)
Old Dominion upsets (374)
CockyGaming’s way to (330)
Radio Station in Gre (301)
AAC (200)
Lamb on the grill (167)
Tiger has been leadi (43)
Cory helms (17)
Cory helms
We're going have our hand
Tiger has been leading th
THIS IS WHAT WE DO.
Old Dominion upsets Virgi
2020 Commitment - Mecose
CockyGaming’s way to earl
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Week 4: Around College Fo
**USC (1-1) vs. Vanderbil

Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Speed Trap Towns In SC

I don't know if any of you have had the pleasure of going through a speed trap town lately, but there are several bad ones in South Carolina. My job use to take me all over SC and GA and to me the worst place was in Hannahan, SC where I got a ticket for not using my turn signal in a proper manner. The police officer was a complete moron and you would have thought I had rob a bank by the way he came after me. I was on a three lane highway and he was about 100 yards behind me when I changed lanes and did use my right turn signal each time I cross into the next lane. I received a ticket for $248.00. The police office did not even speak good english and kept me waiting in my car for over 20 minutes. I requested a jury trial and also the video from the officer's camera and the day before I was suppose to go to court I got a phone call from the clerk of court and she informed me to be at the courthouse by 9:00 AM the next morning and I informed her that I did not receive any of the information that I had requested per my attorney and the clerk of court told me to "take it up with the judge"! She did however offer to drop the charges to $200.00 if I would agree to that. I did because I would have to take a day off from work and get a hotel and would have spent that much fighting the charge. Hannahan, SC is listed as a speed trap town. Be careful if you are in that part of the state!!!!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #2
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material
Default Re: Speed Trap Towns In SC

Aynor is pretty rough
Old 03-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 540000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

*Hwy 123 between Clemson and Liberty is rough.
*Entire city of Westminster (My hometown), especially late at night. Bastards have nothing better to do than to be nosy and cause problems.
*City of Seneca is bad, especially on 123 between Waffle House and the red light at Ingles (mile - mile and a half stretch)
*Interstate 20 basically the entire length between Camden and Florence, especially around Bishopville. The median is about 30-40 yards wide with trees and all that grown up in it. There's small roads worn into the median that connect east/west sides, and cops will sit in the middle of those (city, county, and state) and unless you have a radar detector, you won't see them until you haul ass past them, and then it's too late.
*Myrtle Beach more toward North Myrtle where the mall and walmart is, where hwy 17 and 22 intersect and have the big. it's especially bad during Mustang Week when cars bust ass out of the mall and raise hell.
*Also on Ocean Blvd in Myrtle. Mostly between the south end where the gas station and mini golf course is, and up til about 34th Ave North. Traffic is pretty shitty there, so you'll get more of the segway/bike/foot cops. Since you can't really speed that much down Ocean Blvd, they do the small violations. Failure to use turn signal, noise ordinance, equipment issues (tag light, tail/brake lights, headlights, etc), they run plates, make sure they're in-date (that got me 4 years ago, long story), and just to make sure you're not acting like a complete asshole. Again, during Mustang Week, you've got the 'daddy's money' asshats with Saleens, Bosses and Cobras who rev up and light up tires just to make a crowd go "wooo!!!" And a small group ruins it for the rest of us.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:14 AM   #4
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Cottageville, Jamestown, Jacksonboro, and IRMO!

Last edited by USCBatgirl21; 03-06-2013 at 09:29 AM..
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:19 AM   #5
cocky0

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Take 321 between Columbia and Allendale.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
rjmims6017
Learn to swim.

Male

CockyCash: 100812
rjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPitrjmims6017 rules the CockPit

151 through Mcbee and Jefferson. Hwy 52 through Society Hill, Coward, and Scranton.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 101600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Greeleyville on 527
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #8
COCKDIESEL
Could've been a Contender

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 48200000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Coward SC, Pine Ridge SC
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #9
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Scranton. Also did the feds bust the bluffton PD for inflating tickets and otherwise abusing traffic laws to generate revenue a few years ago? Boss Hawg was running it, guh guh guh.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #10
Roosterdog
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Pine Ridge, South Congaree, Springdale...all little Columbia areas where they generate alot of their income from speeders.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Here is the list for you: http://www.speedtrap.org/state/42/South%20Carolina

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #12
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

COTTAGEVILLE!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

In Spartanburg, hwy 29 all the way from town to 26. This has been a speed trap for years. I was caught there as a teenager and my daughter was just caught there last year. The speed limit changes really quickly.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #14
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 204960507
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Ninety Six, SC (Maybe not a trap, but vehicle speed is intensively mangaged.)

Be careful approaching Honea Path from the East on 76, the speed limit drops to 45, 2 miles out in the country.

Ware Shoals, SC
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #15
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencho30 View Post
COTTAGEVILLE!!!!!!!!
Did you, like I, love the ultimate irony when their police chief was found to have numerous outstanding parking tickets a few years back?
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #16
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Greeleyville on 527
I was going to add Greeleyville. We head that way from Columbia when we go to Pawleys and it's always bad there. Along with Pineville, Paxville and Wedgeville
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #17
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 400000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Being raised in the Upstate, years ago Cityview was cosidered the worse. Next was Gaffney.
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #18
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Greeleyville on 527
this
Old 03-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #19
usc90grad
Jersey Retired

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmims6017 View Post
151 through Mcbee and Jefferson. Hwy 52 through Society Hill, Coward, and Scranton.
Beat me to it. That is a bad stretch and the speed limit drops from 55 to 35 real quick....and conveniently for the cops.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

Quote:
Greeleyville on 527
Agreed. I always use my cruise control when passing through and it never fails to have someone ride my ass because they don't know how notorious Greeleyville is. Also, MAULDIN. My on run-in with a Mauldin cop so far wasn't pleasant, and they like to put cops on Butler Road and 276 (Laurens Road that connects Greenville, Mauldin, and Simpsonville), especially around the ICAR campus.