CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
Order 66
carolina_corpsman
Garnet&BlackOp
GeoCocky66
kingoftheroost
gamecock88
Cockadoo
CockNJersey
TastyLicks
Thoughts on Freshmen (1729)
Predictions: South C (1483)
**USC (2-2) vs. Geor (567)
BCM and her final ye (462)
Furman Basketball (405)
No Man Has Made a Gu (343)
**USC Women (2-0) vs (267)
Crawl space issues (170)
Ruin Thanksgiving in (138)
The 2018 Gamecocks a (53)
*** 2018 Carolina Panther
Predictions: South Caroli
The GOOD news vs Clemson.
**USC (2-2) vs. George Wa
2020 Commitment - Issiah
2019 - Dequan Watts - UCF
USC's Tight Ends
Thoughts on Freshmen that
2019 - Jalen Perry
The 2018 Gamecocks are av

Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #21
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 5399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster
Default Re: Speed Trap Towns In SC

Springfield, SC. THE WORST. I'll edit this later, when I get home, to explain
Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #22
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 131021016
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I was going to add Greeleyville. We head that way from Columbia when we go to Pawleys and it's always bad there. Along with Pineville, Paxville and Wedgeville
I think you mean Pinewood. As a kid we'd drive down 261 to Manning to visit my grandmother on Sundays and Pinewood always was awful. Always cops and they'd pull you even if you were going 2 over. Which is hard when the limit is 30.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #23
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

I got a buddy at work who drives from St Stephens to Kingstree to get to our job, He has gotten 4 tickets in the year i've worked with him... Im guessing thats the Greeleyville trap yall speak of.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #24
cocksfan4ever
Cock of the Lake

Male

CockyCash: 5624255
cocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot materialcocksfan4ever is USC mascot material

Bonneu
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #25
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 300
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

I'll add to what many have already said, Greeleyvile. I drive through there when I go to Columbia from Georgetown after picking up a buddy of mine. My dad has always told me it was bad but I've never had a problem.

Aynor is bad too. I know many a people that have been pulled over there.

Warrior, I think your problems are because you are coming during a special week in MB. I've never been pulled over in MB (knock on wood) and I drive pretty fast in and around, including the areas you are talking about. I go at least 10 over on Ocean Blvd. and 10 over on most of the roads around here. I'm sure if I were to do that during Mustang Week, or any of the bike weeks, etc I'd be pulled over. Now I hope I don't get pulled over today, haha.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #26
GamecockRebel
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 540
GamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPitGamecockRebel rules the CockPit

Duncan and Wellford. Make sure you are doing the speed limits there as I think that is all they ever do is get speeders.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #27
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Abbeville County. All over. Every police officer there is a gay homosexual. All they ever do is pull people over with their little shorts on and so forth. I have the info and I'm going to post it on YouTube.

If you're driving through Greenville, watch out for the fat cop with the mustache eating the donut. Total asshole.

McCormick. The female cop. She's on a serious power trip. After all, most female cops are.

Then there's the guy with the aviators in Summerville who pulls people over for NO REASON. He was pointing the radar RIGHT AT ME. I was going 5 over but he wrote me for 25 OVER. It's not fair. And of course, the judge was in on it too, because of drones.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #28
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

surprised nobody said Aynor, that place is bad.
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #29
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
I don't know if any of you have had the pleasure of going through a speed trap town lately, but there are several bad ones in South Carolina. My job use to take me all over SC and GA and to me the worst place was in Hannahan, SC where I got a ticket for not using my turn signal in a proper manner. The police officer was a complete moron and you would have thought I had rob a bank by the way he came after me. I was on a three lane highway and he was about 100 yards behind me when I changed lanes and did use my right turn signal each time I cross into the next lane. I received a ticket for $248.00. The police office did not even speak good english and kept me waiting in my car for over 20 minutes. I requested a jury trial and also the video from the officer's camera and the day before I was suppose to go to court I got a phone call from the clerk of court and she informed me to be at the courthouse by 9:00 AM the next morning and I informed her that I did not receive any of the information that I had requested per my attorney and the clerk of court told me to "take it up with the judge"! She did however offer to drop the charges to $200.00 if I would agree to that. I did because I would have to take a day off from work and get a hotel and would have spent that much fighting the charge. Hannahan, SC is listed as a speed trap town. Be careful if you are in that part of the state!!!!
I grew up in Hanahan, and drive through there most every day. Can't think of any 3-Lanes(?) but I'm guessing you were on North Rhett, which begins in North Charleston, goes through Hanahan, and ends in Goose Creek. The police force is Mayberry-City. The kind of guys who barely got through school, but somehow managed to get through police training. You are correct with your advice. If you are in Hanahan or neighboring Goose Creek and get pulled over, it's going to hurt, unless you're a hot female.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #30
TheUSCMike
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 75987576
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

As a resident of one of these small towns, I am grateful to our pd for slowing these a-holes down especially through the school zones. They don't hide, they are parked beside the road in the open. I don't consider that a speed trap.
As far as Greelyville, we were coming through there just after dark a little over 35. The cop was parked in front of a church and he flashed his bright lights at us to warn us to slow down. No problems.
Man you know you're in a small town,do the speed limit.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #31
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Thanks Yancey!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #32
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
That looks like a list of every town in SC.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #33
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 1600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I was going to add Greeleyville. We head that way from Columbia when we go to Pawleys and it's always bad there. Along with Pineville, Paxville and Wedgeville

That is the way I go too. I absolutely refuse to go one MPH over the limit between Manning and Kingstree. I am going down to Litchfield for a week on Sunday and hope that I keep my record of no tix in that area intact
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #34
ccured
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 25200
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

I used to go to beach through paxville and greelyville etc and never had a problem just made sure I knew where the 35 mph zones were. Where 521 turns left after greelyville I went straight on 375 and hit alt17/41 stayed out of Andrews and one other small town can't place it maybe salters. It nothing road two lane right though fields believe it seperates two hunt clubs land. There is a complete 90 degree turn left at one point. One night I had to stop for 15 minutes while like fifty deer crossed the road. Anyway used to drive 100 and make up time. But that was a long time ago
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #35
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
surprised nobody said Aynor, that place is bad.
Been mentioned twice
Old 03-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #36
CockyCyclone
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 16788014
CockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Abbeville County. All over. Every police officer there is a gay homosexual. All they ever do is pull people over with their little shorts on and so forth. I have the info and I'm going to post it on YouTube.

If you're driving through Greenville, watch out for the fat cop with the mustache eating the donut. Total asshole.

McCormick. The female cop. She's on a serious power trip. After all, most female cops are.

Then there's the guy with the aviators in Summerville who pulls people over for NO REASON. He was pointing the radar RIGHT AT ME. I was going 5 over but he wrote me for 25 OVER. It's not fair. And of course, the judge was in on it too, because of drones.
My impeccable senses detect sarcasm

Last edited by CockyCyclone; 03-06-2013 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: and I laughed
CockyCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #37
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejrock View Post
I think you mean Pinewood. As a kid we'd drive down 261 to Manning to visit my grandmother on Sundays and Pinewood always was awful. Always cops and they'd pull you even if you were going 2 over. Which is hard when the limit is 30.
You're correct. I've driven through there enough, I should know. It also drops form 55 pretty quick and they camp by the sign. You get about 2 seconds to hit 30 or you're done for.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #38
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I used to go to beach through paxville and greelyville etc and never had a problem just made sure I knew where the 35 mph zones were. Where 521 turns left after greelyville I went straight on 375 and hit alt17/41 stayed out of Andrews and one other small town can't place it maybe salters. It nothing road two lane right though fields believe it seperates two hunt clubs land. There is a complete 90 degree turn left at one point. One night I had to stop for 15 minutes while like fifty deer crossed the road. Anyway used to drive 100 and make up time. But that was a long time ago
I go to Pawleys frequently and I usually go that way too. If it's dark however I go 501 through Florence and Conway. Don't like those back roads in the dark when deer can jump out and wreck you.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #39
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Hwy 301, State Troopers ride up and down that road all day rocking radar. I've been pulled twice in a 1 year span, but since then I've invested in a radar detector. Now I'm can hear them before seeing them
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #40
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 2600200
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

at least sc has warning tix..u are meat if you get stopped in va
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote