CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Wisercock
TaySC
gamecock88
Captain9Dragons
GeoCocky66
Blitzkrieg
Flameout12
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
Ironfan
**USC (1-1) vs. Norf (2023)
Hiring Recycled Coac (1644)
Starters and reserve (681)
The GOOD news vs Cle (589)
Time of possession. (547)
Scoring offense/defe (462)
McMurphy's credibili (299)
Gamecock weekly pres (274)
RIP David Pearson ak (270)
Hiring Recycled Coaches
**USC (1-1) vs. Norfolk S
RIP David Pearson aka The
The GOOD news vs Clemson.
Scoring offense/defense:
Can We Upset Clemson?
Gametime for Clemson Set
WBB recruiting summary:
Cryptocurrency
Starters and reserves vs

Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #81
CCC
Her Modness

Female

CockyCash: 101500
CCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot materialCCC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Speed Trap Towns In SC

Coward, Jamestown, and Bonneau.......especially Bonneau, make sure you don't have truck nuts
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #82
BlakelyH19
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

Duncan, Greer, Wade Hampton Blvd between greer and spartanburg, cayce. I now live in Concord, NC and they are worse than any I've ever seen in sc.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #83
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 1825498
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
Duncan, Greer, Wade Hampton Blvd between greer and spartanburg, cayce. I now live in Concord, NC and they are worse than any I've ever seen in sc.

Agree with Duncan. True story about Duncan: A coworker once got pulled there while driving home after having way too many. The cop gave him a field sobriety test which he failed completely. He was being arrested and told his car would be towed. At the time he had a new 7 series BMW and asked the rookie cop if he could just follow him to the station, which the cop AGREED to. Once there, the arresting officer's superiors told him to call my coworker's wife or family member to come get him as he was being released. Said that they had no case that would hold up since they let him drive AFTER being arrested for DUI.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #84
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

North Augusta, SC - The City Police/Fireman would rather pull over a family going to church on Sunday Morning and write them a speed ticket than try to figure out who stole your $3,500.00 riding lawn mower from inside your garage. Since they have gain access to large strips of land outside the original city limits, it seems as though they are everywhere now. If you are coming through Aiken County, SC - then slow your roll through anything that has a North Augusta City Limit Sign on it - as they are everywhere.

dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #85
cocksman08
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
cocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudlycocksman08 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSpurrier82 View Post
Agreed. I always use my cruise control when passing through and it never fails to have someone ride my ass because they don't know how notorious Greeleyville is. Also, MAULDIN. My on run-in with a Mauldin cop so far wasn't pleasant, and they like to put cops on Butler Road and 276 (Laurens Road that connects Greenville, Mauldin, and Simpsonville), especially around the ICAR campus.
Preach bro. The "Golden Strip" (between Simpsonville and Mauldin) is notorious for those classic speed traps or cops posting out any 4-way stop sign just waiting for a slip up. Greenville wasnts to act like the "Emerald City", even though their own sherrif is a POS who couldn't keep it in his pants and used our money to do so. many stupid ass run ins w/ Mauldin cops going back to high school days. really is the definition of "Pleasantville"
cocksman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:06 PM   #86
uscgmck
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Lets take trip down memory lane. If you were around in the mid to late 60's and lived in the upstate (Greenville area) you should remember the term "Red Rider". The city of Greenville cooked up this idea of a police officer cross trained as a fireman that could be first on scene and take control of the scene and perform rescue duties before the fire trucks arrived. They set him up with a red Chevrolet station wagon filled with fire fighting stuff.

However, the police officer ( very popular guy, also known for his creative traffic directions while on foot) spent almost all of his time at the intersection of Laurens Road and Wade Hampton Blvd writing traffic tickets. It took a while because folks seeing a red car with a red light and fire dept marking just zipped on by only to be ticketed by the police. As people began to catch on he found creative way to hide only showing the front of the car. Not sure when it all ended but none to soon for most of us.

uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:32 PM   #87
CockyCody
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 302850
CockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
North Augusta, SC - The City Police/Fireman would rather pull over a family going to church on Sunday Morning and write them a speed ticket than try to figure out who stole your $3,500.00 riding lawn mower from inside your garage. Since they have gain access to large strips of land outside the original city limits, it seems as though they are everywhere now. If you are coming through Aiken County, SC - then slow your roll through anything that has a North Augusta City Limit Sign on it - as they are everywhere.

I hear this all the time but I live in North Augusta and have been here my entire life and have never had issues with the NAPD. I would have to say Burnett Town on Highway 1 between NA and Aiken. Their 1 cop sits on #1 and waits for anyone going 5 mph over the limit. The speed limit goes from 55 to 45 through there for no real reason other than for them to have a reason to stop you. Guess they have to raise $ some kind of way!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #88
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyCody View Post
I hear this all the time but I live in North Augusta and have been here my entire life and have never had issues with the NAPD. I would have to say Burnett Town on Highway 1 between NA and Aiken. Their 1 cop sits on #1 and waits for anyone going 5 mph over the limit. The speed limit goes from 55 to 45 through there for no real reason other than for them to have a reason to stop you. Guess they have to raise $ some kind of way!

My friend, I have also lived here all of my life and I drive through and around the many parts of NA each day and they are EVERYWHERE! I guess I have a "Sixth Sense Of Knowing Where They Are", but eventually they will get you or a member of your family. Drive down Old Sudlow Lake Road on a Sunday Morning and watch them sitting there or even in the late evenings when people are getting off of work. They are there.

Burnettown is also a "Speed Trap Town". Their only problem is that they cannot decide what to do with their police department. They will build up their staff to 3 or 4 people and get them all trained to write tickets and the next thing you know - everyone is fired and they have a new chief in place and they start the whole process over again. They are pretty much considered a joke, but they will write you a ticket.

Now Aiken County Sheriff's Dept has picked up their writing of traffic and speeding tickets. I guess everyone wants in on the action.

I just wish that all Police Dept would spend as much time on stopping drug deals, truly investigate someone stealing something out of your garage or breaking into your car - versus the making money off of people speeding all the time.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #89
COCKYWOOD
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Vance !!!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #90
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244549779341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Vance !!!
Yep! Between Santee and Holly Hill.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #91
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Springdale
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #92
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
Cayce as you go from Columbia over the Blossom street bridge, Frink St, 12th St Extension in that wide side of the road around Northland Dr.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #93
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Pelzer.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:11 PM   #94
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Springdale
Second that but they will also bust you for illegal tint
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:24 PM   #95
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 203960507
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Pelzer.

West Pelzer, you betta be doing 34
Old 07-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #96
carolina_corpsman
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons View Post
West Pelzer, you betta be doing 34
I drive through it on my way to Cola, and I try to stick around 30. Almost every single time Ive driven through there is a cruiser checking traffic.

carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #97
ccured
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 25200
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Second that but they will also bust you for illegal tint
In their cars with blacked out windows
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #98
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 14000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

I would add Highway 78 in the lowcountry to the list. I drive it fairly regularly from Branchville all the way down to Ladson and always see HP waiting to catch people. Got to be careful at Reevesville as it goes from 55 to 35 through the town and it's easy to just speed on through. Also, watch out in St George as the town police will pull you over in a heartbeat.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote