CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
SanAntonioCock
GeoCocky66
thekob
Captain9Dragons
Cockhornleghorn
Ahmad
Ironfan
Wisercock
FurmanCock
Is this week the vet (220)
2020 OT - Chris Morr (106)
2021 ATH/RB - Will S (103)
Spam - Treet - & (51)
4 Chattanooga Ticket (13)
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
UT-Chattanooga Game Time
WBB: Leticia Amihere #2 i
Good News Next Week?
2019 - Ailym Ford
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
How Good Can Frank's Team
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ F
2019 - TRAE HANNIBAL
2021 ATH/RB - Will Shiple

Old 02-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion Thread

High expectations after what they did with Rogue One.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #2
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21
Default Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story Discussion Thread

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/fu...ry?id=52843172
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 6200
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

Haven't had a real good Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back. Come to think of it, only 2 of the 9 movies have been really good. The last 7 have been disappointing. At least the Lego Star Wars episodes were cute. The Cartoon Network shorts were not bad. I won't continue to pay for movies that are sub-par. Marvel can grind out movies and at least make them decent for the most part (though Iron Man 2 and 3 sucked). Why can't Star Wars?
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:19 PM   #4
darthtripous
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 505
darthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot materialdarthtripous is USC mascot material

This one looks cool. I don’t think it will be as good as Rouge One, but that one was spectacular. I’ve read a bunch of, what are now Legends comics, on Solo before A New Hope. It will be fun to see where and how they fill in his story.

My only worry is there was supposed to be a lot of production issues with this. Hopefully, Ron Howard fixed it all.
darthtripous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #5
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 0
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Awesome. They've been releasing the Star Wars movies in December recently, why are they putting this one out in May, right on the heels of The Last Jedi?
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #6
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 4759
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
Haven't had a real good Star Wars movie since Empire Strikes Back. Come to think of it, only 2 of the 9 movies have been really good. The last 7 have been disappointing. At least the Lego Star Wars episodes were cute. The Cartoon Network shorts were not bad. I won't continue to pay for movies that are sub-par. Marvel can grind out movies and at least make them decent for the most part (though Iron Man 2 and 3 sucked). Why can't Star Wars?
I have to ask what you liked about the first two movies that you have not found in the subsequent movie.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:53 AM   #7
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 101600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
if you only like 22.2% of the movies, why do you continue to watch?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:04 AM   #8
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamec0ckFan View Post
Awesome. They've been releasing the Star Wars movies in December recently, why are they putting this one out in May, right on the heels of The Last Jedi?
Also weird considering we have May the 4th on a Friday this year

But that is AVENGERS weekend

You also have Deadpool 2 on 18 May

Also, outside of Aquaman and the animated Spider-Man flick, December is looking bare...

But most of the previous Star Wars film did have release dates on the last two weeks of May so maybe they are going back to that tradition.

I think it will hurt their box office haul due to the amount of other tent pole movies before during and after the may release date, but maybe they figure to make the money up on the toys and costume licensing (for Halloween costumes and events). The December timeframe was great because people had time off and could go to this movie multiple times throughout the holiday season. You could ride that winter wonderland wave to the billion dollar shore.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #9
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post

Avengers comes out May 4.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:13 AM   #10
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Also, outside of Aquaman and the animated Spider-Man flick, December is looking bare...

But most of the previous Star Wars film did have release dates on the last two weeks of May so maybe they are going back to that tradition.

I think it will hurt their box office haul due to the amount of other tent pole movies before during and after the may release date, but maybe they figure to make the money up on the toys and costume licensing (for Halloween costumes and events). The December timeframe was great because people had time off and could go to this movie multiple times throughout the holiday season. You could ride that winter wonderland wave to the billion dollar shore.
So you’re telling me to save up some money for May-Moviemania?
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:16 AM   #11
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:22 AM   #12
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:

Quote:
...yep
Old 02-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #13
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Yep. Little Man and I have our Mother's Day weekend plans.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #14
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
...yep
Oops GH. Misread your post. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:35 AM   #15
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
Oops GH. Misread your post. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
That is fine. I sat there for a good five minutes trying to figure it out.

This was me:
Old 02-06-2018, 12:36 PM   #16
SwampFox
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Disney screwed the pooch on Star Wars. It's like everything from the 6 Lucasfilm movies vever happened.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #17
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

I can't keep up...I have been meaning to watch these new Star Wars movies but they just keep coming out. Can someone help me out with the order they are to be watched?
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #18
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
I can't keep up...I have been meaning to watch these new Star Wars movies but they just keep coming out. Can someone help me out with the order they are to be watched?
IV, V, VI, VII, Rouge One, VIII - if in order of the release.

Rouge One, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII - if chronological order.

You can skip the prequel trilogy altogether.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #19
NAGamec0ckFan

Male

NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
Disney screwed the pooch on Star Wars. It's like everything from the 6 Lucasfilm movies vever happened.
I agree. Rogue One was a good movie. Episode 7 had potential, but it seems like they went off the rails with episode 8. Hopefully Disney will redeem themselves with episode 9.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #20
NAGamec0ckFan

Male

Quote:
IV, V, VI, VII, Rouge One, VIII - if in order of the release.

Rouge One, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII - if chronological order.

You can skip the prequel trilogy altogether.
What? I thought the prequels were much better than 7 and 8, and as good as 4-6.