CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rt3891
The Pain Train
USC65
ShutTheSuccop
Jovaughn Gwyn is str (1386)
Gamecock Jordan bran (1154)
Traeger Grill - Prim (444)
Kawhi to Toronto for (391)
USC 2018 Rank The Ga (336)
Gamecock Football Mi (294)
What's the Ideal Tem (242)
National Hot Dog Day (241)
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
10 Oldest and Newest Coll
E$PN SEC preseason power
USC 2018 Rank The Games Y
Football Seat Selections
2019 - Travon Walker
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Traeger Grill - Prime Day
Kawhi to Toronto for Dero
SEC Media Days

Old 06-28-2018, 08:59 PM   #1
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 429
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default ****The Official Spurs Down Thread****

If I ban a regular poster from this day forward, I will post exactly why I banned said poster and may even screenshot the post or posts that lead to the banning.

Have a good day.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:28 PM   #2
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 548449382984
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: ****The Official Spurs Down Thread****

I don't miss new Cockytalk.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #3
d20636
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 400
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

In before one of my posts gets in...
Old 06-29-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Interesting.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
Old 06-29-2018, 03:07 PM   #6
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

You should change the name to the ego-stroke thread
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:22 PM   #7
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
You should change the name to the ego-stroke thread

Why do you say that?

Old 06-29-2018, 03:56 PM   #8
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Why do you say that?
Don't really get the point of it I guess
Old 06-29-2018, 04:54 PM   #9
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
Don't really get the point of it I guess
Everyone lies about why they were banned or who banned them.

I intend to clearly let you and everyone else know why it happened.

I donít ban people for ďno reason.Ē

In the past I figured that it did not matter that only the banned poster received the email and infraction notice. However these same people will run the sites name through the mud and claim vindictiveness or some type of unfairness.

Ok, now everyone will have access to the receipts.

This assumes i donít get lazy admittedly but here we are.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #10
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Everyone lies about why they were banned or who banned them.

I intend to clearly let you and everyone else know why it happened.

I donít ban people for ďno reason.Ē

In the past I figured that it did not matter that only the banned poster received the email and infraction notice. However these same people will run the sites name through the mud and claim vindictiveness or some type of unfairness.

Ok, now everyone will have access to the receipts.

This assumes i donít get lazy admittedly but here we are.
I guess that makes more sense than my first impression. I will say I have seen some of both though
Old 06-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #11
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

I like the idea of cockytalk court better

Old 06-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #12
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
I guess that makes more sense than my first impression. I will say I have seen some of both though
The title is me being the pompous ass

Old 06-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #13
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
The title is me being the pompous ass
Damn hillbillies
Old 06-30-2018, 01:18 AM   #14
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If I ban a regular poster from this day forward, I will post exactly why I banned said poster and may even screenshot the post or posts that lead to the banning.

Have a good day.
I like it. While CT was on hiatus, I noticed several unfavorable comments about CT elsewhere. Seems they thought every thread should be a vent thread. They seemed to not realize that CT is not a pay site, and that we are all guests in someone else's domain.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:21 AM   #15
cocky0
Unmoderated

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9899200
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I like it too. Many times I miss out on the popcorn entertainment that inevitably leads to a ban. Sometimes the story comes out after the fact, and sometimes it doesn't. In any case, during the down time, I too read some unbelievable tales regarding how or why a user was banned.

Things like "I got banned for writing about a team we were about to play." or "I got banned for accidentally posting in the wrong forum once." or my favorite "I got banned for saying our defensive coaches need to do a better job." are some of the ones I've seen in the past couple of weeks.

I've been around this board since the beginning, although I didn't start posting regularly until around 2007. I remember the post on GamecockNation linking to this board when it was first created. In that time, I've seen a lot of stuff happen on here and a lot of people come and go. (For better or for worse.) I cannot say with any honesty that I have ever seen anyone banned without there being a good reason. If anything I've seen more that probably should have been banned but weren't. But it's not my board, and it's not my decision.

I have moderated forums in the past, and I can tell ya that there's a lot of stuff that goes on and is discussed behind the scenes. Assuming this site is like those, it is rare that one single moderator decides to buck the majority and go around kicking people for the hell of it. I know it's a thankless job in the best of situations, but somebody has to keep the place up to snuff.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:08 AM   #16
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I'm not a fan of this sort of naming & shaming that is prohibited on most boards that I am on.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:44 AM   #17
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 0
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Whatever happen to "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"?

SMH free speech ugh!
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:44 AM   #18
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post
Whatever happen to "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"?

SMH free speech ugh!
exactly

Old 07-01-2018, 08:51 PM   #19
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Mr. House

I hope you don't mind if I post bans along with the post / thread that got the Bannee
banned as well ? I like this idea. It holds us (the mods) as well as the poster's accountable.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:36 PM   #20
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Mr. House

I hope you don't mind if I post bans along with the post / thread that got the Bannee
banned as well ? I like this idea. It holds us (the mods) as well as the poster's accountable.

I am fine with it.

I understand the worries of people who see this as a bat flip thread. I will fight that happening.

Sometimes people disappear around here and now everyone will know the reason the ban was put in place.

There are at least two sides to every story.

Another thing I promise everyone on cockytalk is during football season, I will give a little more leeway than I do any other time of the year because emotions and (sometimes) drinking gets the best of some of us. That is referencing the Mods and the game thread posters. What that looks like? It will hopefully be reasonable.