CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
taylorssc
Spur's Addiction
TaySC
etowngangsta
SheckWes
rt3891
wildwes
TastyLicks
TAFC 5 1981
Facilities (1708)
Getting Paid. (1350)
Muschamp: the anti- (1066)
2020 Charlie Spegal (875)
Didn't catch the lat (466)
Hey Y'all...Penny Ma (271)
Football staff raise (218)
2020 Warm / Warmer / (186)
2020 - Deidrick Stan (161)
Dinosaur footprints (146)
Facilities
2019 - Jashawn Sheffield
Vote for Hilinski
100 DAYS!!!
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
2019 - Reddy Steward
2019 - Samuel Brooks - Mi
2020 - Deidrick Stanley
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - John Dixon

Old 12-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #61
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Kirby’s a nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Ok, so after 15 worthless posts ... back to the point of the thread.

Kirby is a nut, but he's not wrong. Georgia IS one of the 4 best teams in the nation ... BUT ... with 2 losses you can NOT put them in. Now, if Georgia didn't screw the pooch against LSU, then they're probably still in. Problem is, you lost UGLY to an LSU team that ended up not being that great.
I agree with this. I believe UGA is one of the four best teams. I think that's very clear. Blowout loss to LSU hurt a bit but their two losses are better than either loss for OU or OSU. I think UGA is a better team than both. I just don't think the committee had the courage to do that even though you saw how close they were by still having UGA at #5.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #62
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Deserving and Best are essentially the same. I would call it something else. Basically they took OU to avoid the UGA/Alabama rematch again which is in no way a fair outcome for this format.
Absolutely not the same. You're not comparing apples to apples. You see this with OU, OSU, UGA. Two teams have one loss, UGA has two losses all in different conferences. How can you say who's best when they don't play the same teams?

Team with the best record in baseball or in the NL or AL doesn't always win. They may be the most deserving but if one team gets 100 wins because their league or division is easier doesn't mean they are the better team even if it looks like they are more "deserving."
Old 12-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #63
SheckWes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I agree with this. I believe UGA is one of the four best teams. I think that's very clear. Blowout loss to LSU hurt a bit but their two losses are better than either loss for OU or OSU. I think UGA is a better team than both. I just don't think the committee had the courage to do that even though you saw how close they were by still having UGA at #5.
I think the committee just did that the “please” the media.
Hey look they aren’t 4 but we thought they were right there.
Had OU lost to Texas in the B12 title i think OSU would have been the #4

After 4 it really doesn’t matter considering UGA and Ohio State got auto bids into their NY6 bowls
Old 12-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #64
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheckWes View Post
I think the committee just did that the “please” the media.
Hey look they aren’t 4 but we thought they were right there.
Had OU lost to Texas in the B12 title i think OSU would have been the #4

After 4 it really doesn’t matter considering UGA and Ohio State got auto bids into their NY6 bowls
I don't know that I agree with that. If that was the case, why was OSU rated #6 behind UGA?
Old 12-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #65
willyb's hotdogs#1
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5400
willyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
Do a quick google search and you’ll see it’s not all that uncommon for players to play with torn ACLs. Depends on the degree of the tear and other factors.

Just last year, Drew Stanton played in the NFL with a fully torn ACL.

There is a lot of misinformation/misunderstanding about ACL tears. A friend of mine in college was on the university tennis team and tore her ACL. She never had it repaired. In some cases a custom ACL brace can provide enough support to allow a player to play. It’s case by case. As we saw with Watson, he played more or less unhindered.
dabo would’ve played him even if it was this bad...

Attached Images

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #66
willyb's hotdogs#1
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5400
willyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot material

welp, upload tool fails yet again, i guess you just have to know the movie to get what i was trying to say with a gif.

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:35 PM   #67
SheckWes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPitSheckWes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I don't know that I agree with that. If that was the case, why was OSU rated #6 behind UGA?
As I had.
After 4 it doesn’t matter. The committee did that to please the media/ public

5 or 6 in the case of the bowls for OSU and UGA wasn’t as significant because they had their auto bids locked in