CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
taylorssc
Spur's Addiction
TaySC
etowngangsta
SheckWes
rt3891
wildwes
TastyLicks
TAFC 5 1981
Facilities (1659)
Getting Paid. (1331)
Muschamp: the anti- (1050)
2020 Charlie Spegal (868)
Didn't catch the lat (452)
Hey Y'all...Penny Ma (267)
Football staff raise (211)
2020 Warm / Warmer / (174)
Dinosaur footprints (139)
2020 - Deidrick Stan (126)
Facilities
2019 - Jashawn Sheffield
Vote for Hilinski
100 DAYS!!!
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
2019 - Reddy Steward
2019 - Samuel Brooks - Mi
2020 - Deidrick Stanley
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - John Dixon

Old 12-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #101
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Muschamp: Most wins in 1st 3 yrs of any USC HC, ever.

It's all not very comparable in my opinion, but bottom line Muschamp fielded a team with a GOOD offense. I'm now 100% on board.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #102
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
It's all not very comparable in my opinion, but bottom line Muschamp fielded a team with a GOOD offense. I'm now 100% on board.
I’m worried about the defense now. UGA, UK, Clemson ran straight through our defense. While some of the Ls like Florida can be blamed on injuries I still think we should have won that game. Our defense looked slow and confused at times and tackling was bad at times as well. I would say it’ll be fine in a few years but Georgia, Clemson and Florida are taking our recruits. I believe in Muschamp but Georgia and Clemson are as good as they’ve ever been and it concerns me that we’ll always be taking 4 L’s a year. I understand we don’t have history and an 8-4 season is better than most years for us. But the goal is to win a championship and to do that we need talent on both sides of the ball.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #103
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Nah my dude. Did you see Roderick, Mukumua, Horn, Sandidge, Enagbare, and Jones play? Sandidge fking stuck wilkins senior ass in the hole. He was flashing even before that game. Freshmen interior DL do not do that. He's going to be LEGIT.

I predict the defense will be much improved in the bowl game.

Go back in time and tell yourself preseason that Ibe and Nick Harvery are going to be out all season and you would know our secondary would blow (not to mention what losing Wonnum would do to your projections for the DL). Also, don't forget about Cook sitting over there. Yeah he might be another Chalmers, but odds are...not.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #104
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
How should his first few years have gone? Seriously? I mean, clearly, he's not living up to your expectations. So I wanna know what you expected to happen with the state of the program what it was when Muschamp was hired.
Errrrr... being competitive? A few (or maybe one) upset wins? Winning games beyond those played against unranked turds? Not being the sort of program that results in embarassing “let’s rally round the shitty coach” threads like this, or threads questioning the move from the ACC? I dunno, the least we could ask? People caring about football beyond the fanboys who would be rationalizing being far worse, which I have no doubt you’d be doing? Being a fun team to watch instead of a painful uphill battle against anyone other than Akron and Chattanooga? I mean just because you have the dude’s poster on a wall is no reason to accept mediocrity. You do, you know... you’re satisfied with mediocrity. Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCIW View Post
Omg that change of the username.

****ing genius, sir.

Damn that is funny.

Points.
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:07 PM   #105
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 873262
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Errrrr... being competitive? A few (or maybe one) upset wins? Winning games beyond those played against unranked turds? Not being the sort of program that results in embarassing “let’s rally round the shitty coach” threads like this, or threads questioning the move from the ACC? I dunno, the least we could ask? People caring about football beyond the fanboys who would be rationalizing being far worse, which I have no doubt you’d be doing? Being a fun team to watch instead of a painful uphill battle against anyone other than Akron and Chattanooga? I mean just because you have the dude’s poster on a wall is no reason to accept mediocrity. You do, you know... you’re satisfied with mediocrity. Race to the bottom!

TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #106
cockyboy
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3111
cockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPitcockyboy rules the CockPit

Quote:

How were we not competitive? This team is sitting as 7-5, but could've very easily been 10-2. We played Clemson better than any team had this season. We're 3 years removed from a 3-9 season.
cockyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:37 PM   #107
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyboy View Post
How were we not competitive? This team is sitting as 7-5, but could've very easily been 10-2. We played Clemson better than any team had this season. We're 3 years removed from a 3-9 season.
And we are fighting and winning on the recruiting trails
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #108
HCIW
I Look Like A Nug

Male

CockyCash: 27047839
HCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot materialHCIW is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayfarts View Post

And still this crybaby offers up no better alternatives that we could have hired or had a real chance of obtaining as HC.

Bravo.

What a brave stance you’ve taken, Sprayfarts.
HCIW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:37 PM   #109
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
So I'm curious, do you pull for USC anymore? Or are you pulling against us as long as Muschamp is our HC? Also considering we were god awful the year before Muschamp got here "mediocrity" is a step in the right direction. And the reality is we're currently 22-16 under him through 3 seasons with a bowl game left to go after he inherited a 3-9 football team that lost it's best established players before he coached a game, we're moving in the right direction even if you choose not to see it.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #110
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCIW View Post
And still this crybaby offers up no better alternatives that we could have hired or had a real chance of obtaining as HC.

Bravo.

What a brave stance you’ve taken, Sprayfarts.
Strong first effort!
Old 12-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #111
GamecockInHell
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1802785
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I agree.
I also try not to focus on them.

They are in the midst of being good at the same time...the game is cyclical...and they will eventually hit some down times...granted those down times are likely 8 win years.

The big thing for clemson is when Saban retires, does Bama come after Dabo? If so, I don't see how Clemson can compete with coaching for your alma mater, nor the money Bama can throw at him.
\\

That's a tough choice. Do you stay at a school where you are guaranteed to be in the NC hunt every year merely because of the weakness of your conference and propensity to get by with cheating, or go to your alma mater where you sat on the bench and the pressure to win is the worst in the country while knowing you are really a charlatan BS used car salesman?

But back to Champ. We have the chance to field a pretty good team in the next couple of years if we can keep the staff together and keep up the recruiting. We're better than we were three years ago but until we start competing for our conference title (which should in itself include beating the taters) it's hard to say how successful he is. He's making a lot of money to achieve mediocrity.

Last edited by GamecockInHell; 12-14-2018 at 09:13 AM.. Reason: off topic
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #112
rioninusc
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
\\

That's a tough choice. Do you stay at a school where you are guaranteed to be in the NC hunt every year merely because of the weakness of your conference and propensity to get by with cheating, or go to your alma mater where you sat on the bench and the pressure to win is the worst in the country while knowing you are really a charlatan BS used car salesman?

But back to Champ. We have the chance to field a pretty good team in the next couple of years if we can keep the staff together and keep up the recruiting. We're better than we were three years ago but until we start competing for our conference title (which should in itself include beating the taters) it's hard to say how successful he is. He's making a lot of money to achieve mediocrity.
Those go hand in hand. USC has only lost once to the taters when they were second in the sec east. The year they were #1, USC embarrassed them in their stadium. So be the #1 or 2 in the east and expect to beat the taters. If we're #1, win is in the bag if they play like they're supposed to.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:36 PM   #113
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
I’m worried about the defense now. UGA, UK, Clemson ran straight through our defense. While some of the Ls like Florida can be blamed on injuries I still think we should have won that game. Our defense looked slow and confused at times and tackling was bad at times as well. I would say it’ll be fine in a few years but Georgia, Clemson and Florida are taking our recruits. I believe in Muschamp but Georgia and Clemson are as good as they’ve ever been and it concerns me that we’ll always be taking 4 L’s a year. I understand we don’t have history and an 8-4 season is better than most years for us. But the goal is to win a championship and to do that we need talent on both sides of the ball.
So you can blame Florida loss on injuries but Clemson just lit us up?

Weren't there less starters in the CU game? Even less depth?
ba55nec4r is offline   Reply With Quote