CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
taylorssc
Spur's Addiction
TaySC
etowngangsta
SheckWes
rt3891
wildwes
TastyLicks
TAFC 5 1981
Facilities (1659)
Getting Paid. (1331)
Muschamp: the anti- (1050)
2020 Charlie Spegal (868)
Didn't catch the lat (452)
Hey Y'all...Penny Ma (267)
Football staff raise (211)
2020 Warm / Warmer / (174)
Dinosaur footprints (139)
2020 - Deidrick Stan (126)
Facilities
2019 - Jashawn Sheffield
Vote for Hilinski
100 DAYS!!!
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
2019 - Reddy Steward
2019 - Samuel Brooks - Mi
2020 - Deidrick Stanley
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - John Dixon

Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #761
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Chris Steele

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
According to Kornblut Steele will not sign on Wednesday! He will announce on Jan5 at the Army All American game then enroll at his school of choice. Then will officially sign on the Feb signing day

Interesting.

I love the two signing periods now because it opens up this can of worms.

Do you, if you're UF or So Cal or us, even if Steele pinky promises, count him as a signee or do you go after another recruit who wants to sign now?

I can barely keep up with what we're doing, so have no idea what the numbers look like for other schools, but the numbers, the two signing periods, and the number of recruits signing on either day makes this really interesting.

And dumb question, but if there is an early signing period and a late one, why can't Steele just sign in Jan?
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #762
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 873262
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

The Normal signing period is in February.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM   #763
Lalli25
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
Interesting.

I love the two signing periods now because it opens up this can of worms.

Do you, if you're UF or So Cal or us, even if Steele pinky promises, count him as a signee or do you go after another recruit who wants to sign now?

I can barely keep up with what we're doing, so have no idea what the numbers look like for other schools, but the numbers, the two signing periods, and the number of recruits signing on either day makes this really interesting.

And dumb question, but if there is an early signing period and a late one, why can't Steele just sign in Jan?
I believe it goes as follows. The early signing period is only a 3-4 day window and not unlimited but in February itís open until the school year starts.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #764
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Since is not signing tomorrow, it tells me his is letting the Trojans continue to recruit him. Trojans have a brand new secondary that was hired this week. He is giving USCw every opportunity to win him over and I think they do.
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM   #765
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
The Normal signing period is in February.
There's a new normal haha.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #766
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 873262
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
There's a new normal haha.

Very very true, but I'm still calling it the Early Signing Period....
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #767
Rogocop
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talons

Steele will be signing on December 19,20 or 21. From what I am hearing....tomorrow ...Announcing Jan. 5th.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Rogocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #768
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogocop View Post
Steele will be signing on December 19,20 or 21. From what I am hearing....tomorrow ...Announcing Jan. 5th.

This is still so odd to me. It's going to leak. Not saying you're wrong. Just that it's a unique timeline.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM   #769
BringBackGarcia
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
This is still so odd to me. It's going to leak. Not saying you're wrong. Just that it's a unique timeline.

Even if it doesn't leak, it'll be clear when you look at the writing on the wall as far as who's recruiting whom heavily.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM   #770
Rogocop
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Rogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talonsRogocop has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I agree it doesn't make sense but a player did it last year and Jordan Hasselwood is doing the same thing this year as well. The network wants to have live committment, the game isn't enough, people tune in because of the announcements....it's the tail wagging the dog....

Rogocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #771
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

He's not signing early now, he's just going announce at the USAA game and then enroll the following week. That should clean up what I viewed to be a nearly certain leak. Much better plan.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #772
Master Bedroom
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Did Muschamp ever get an in-home with Steele?
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #773
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bedroom View Post
Did Muschamp ever get an in-home with Steele?
Yes, last Monday or Tuesday.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote