CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SanAntonioCock
CockyLifer
rt3891
FurmanCock
kacrosinsc
Spur's Addiction
ba55nec4r
sosfan812
TastyLicks
Cocky2001
2019 - Wisdom Asabor (611)
Former USC Assistant (525)
Chad Kelly beaten wi (459)
Carolina Coliseum ph (414)
2019 - Ailym Ford (391)
Gamecock weekly pres (373)
NASA rain cloud gene (239)
Roman Reigns relinqu (84)
What Really Drags the Exc
QB Play vs. WR Play
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Gator Fan's Perspective o
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
2020 Commitment - Mecose
Chad Kelly beaten with va
2019 - Wisdom Asaboro
The Marshall Game
Gamecock weekly press ava

Old 12-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #21
GamecockALAN
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 479
GamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPitGamecockALAN rules the CockPit
Default Re: Major Programs We've Never Faced

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughDamright View Post
There were some great bumper stickers on cars and in bars when the Cocks took on the Trojans
I would like to see the newspaper head lines if played and beat the Organ St Beavers. Just think of the possibility.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #22
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 121021016
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockALAN View Post
I would like to see the newspaper head lines if played and beat the Organ St Beavers. Just think of the possibility.
We have in Womans BBall in 2014. It may disappoint you that there were no cock n beaver comments.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:25 AM   #23
ChickenButt
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1850000
ChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot materialChickenButt is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked237 View Post
I wonder if the announcers had a field day when we played Southern Cal...
Don't know about the announcers, but the scoreboard operators did, with "Cocks" vs. "Trojans" for the team names. And of course there was "their Trojans can't stop our 'Cocks".
Old 12-11-2017, 10:48 AM   #24
gamecockhub
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 11000
gamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPitgamecockhub rules the CockPit

There was a banner on the stadium that said "No Trojan can hold our Cocks" and several others along that theme.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:33 PM   #25
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 1081372276
weatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Fun fact: South Carolina has never played a Big12 team while they have been in the Big12 conference.
Mizzou in '05 in the Independence Bowl
Old 12-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #26
cockylaw
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his comb

There are many.
cockylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:23 PM   #27
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 57416
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

A Washington/South Carolina matchup would cause me to end up on the couch for a week or 2...
Old 12-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #28
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
Mizzou in '05 in the Independence Bowl
Big old derp on that one.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:40 PM   #29
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 999980500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
A Washington/South Carolina matchup would cause me to end up on the couch for a week or 2...
I hear ya. Same for me with a Carolina/TCU match-up.

Gaichon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:18 AM   #30
Superadiabatic
Resident Meteorologist

Male

CockyCash: 400
Superadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPitSuperadiabatic rules the CockPit

For purely selfish reasons, I'd like to see us matched up with Penn State. I could ride my bike to Beaver Stadium; I live about 4 miles away.

Plus, we have only played them twice according to this site, 1940 and 1941, and we lost both games. We need to even that out.

But, sooner or later, we'll meet up with them in a bowl game, another reason other than ones given by earlier posters that a regular season matchup probably will never happen.

Superadiabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:27 AM   #31
Hoganman1
Walk On

Male

Hoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talonsHoganman1 has developed his gaff and talons

I'd like to see us play Texas. Also, didn't we play Southern Cal when Rogers was a senior?
That national exposure helped him win his Heisman.
Hoganman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #32
St. Louis Gamecock
4-Star

Male

St. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Oh man - I love UDub and the whole Seattle area! Huskies - my fav Pac-12 team.

My partner and I took a vacation to Seattle one year - went down to Portland for a couple of days then took the ferry up into Canada one day.

And I love those neighborhoods around the university - great for walking. Like Carolina is with the Rosewood area, etc.

And I really like when UDub takes Wazzu down!!!

Seattle - just a great progressive city!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:46 AM   #33
St. Louis Gamecock
4-Star

Male

St. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoganman1 View Post
I'd like to see us play Texas. Also, didn't we play Southern Cal when Rogers was a senior?
That national exposure helped him win his Heisman.
Yes! Even though we lost (23-13, I think) Rogers ran for about 180 yards and picked up lots of West Coast support for his Heisman.

I liked it better when we played SoCal at home - 38-14! "If it ain't swayin;, we ain't playin'!"
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote