CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
CockyLifer
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
kick_ball
Master Bedroom
ShutTheSuccop
Bowl game (1643)
Jason Senn. Sr. Walk (744)
Gamecock True confes (622)
Out of the top 10 (339)
Dom headed to Marine (292)
Muschamp wants fans (283)
Thanksgiving Dinner (228)
Shi Smith's TD vs Ch (203)
ESPN Hater's Guide t (139)
Coincidences That Le (76)
ESPN Hater's Guide to Riv
Predictions: South Caroli
Bowl game
Collard Greens - Who Love
Hiring Recycled Coaches
Thanksgiving Dinner - Wha
Muschamp wants fans to be
Tigers by 25
2019 - Chris Steele
Can We Upset Clemson?

Old 11-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #221
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Good Can Frank's Team Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
It happened towards the end of the 2013-14 season - the cause was an incident during a bad loss to Florida in March 2014......

We really do not have a good enough sample size yet to determine anything - after this weekend, once we played Providence and most likely a ranked Michigan team, we'll know a bit more.

But I really like thus far how Lawton and Bryant, and to a degree Campbell have come along. As far as the newcomers. Campbell has struggled a bit with his shooting, and hopefully that improves, but while both Lawton and Bryant are freshmen they really have shown a confidence to take charge in games that belies their youth and inexperience, and Campbell being actually experienced has also shown some poise.

Now we just need to get the veterans Silva, Kotsar, and Minaya to rise up to where Gravett seems to be, and add in Frink and Moss, and maybe we'll have something. I'm expecting Couisnard to make his impact next season, if he makes one at all for our program.....
I like our hair styles. Gravett, Silva and Lawson. Bryant ain't bad either. Kotsar needs to trim his bangs.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #222
VBCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

The thing about Couisnard is if he isn't eligible this season, I'm not sure how he would be eligible in future seasons.

The fact this thing has lingered soooo long doesn't seem like it can be a good sign at all.

I don't see how the initial issue of the test score would not be resolved by now if it was good news. It seems unlikely they are still waiting for a review of the score by testing company, but who knows.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #223
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 14000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
The thing about Couisnard is if he isn't eligible this season, I'm not sure how he would be eligible in future seasons.

The fact this thing has lingered soooo long doesn't seem like it can be a good sign at all.

I don't see how the initial issue of the test score would not be resolved by now if it was good news. It seems unlikely they are still waiting for a review of the score by testing company, but who knows.
My guess is that if he isn't eligible and can use the academic redshirt option for nonqualifiers that they will try to go that route. He could still practice and would be eligible next year depending on grades.

If they determine he's a final nonqualifier and can't use the academic redshirt option, he's basically off the team. According to NCAA rules, these players cannot receive a scholarship that year and are not allowed to practice/play with the team. Not sure about eligibility after the year for these players, but if he's in school and meets grade requirements I don't think there would be an issue.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #224
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
My guess is that if he isn't eligible and can use the academic redshirt option for nonqualifiers that they will try to go that route. He could still practice and would be eligible next year depending on grades.

If they determine he's a final nonqualifier and can't use the academic redshirt option, he's basically off the team. According to NCAA rules, these players cannot receive a scholarship that year and are not allowed to practice/play with the team. Not sure about eligibility after the year for these players, but if he's in school and meets grade requirements I don't think there would be an issue.
He is in school and I believe he is even practicing. At least he is listed as a member of the team on gamecocksonline.com. That means he was admitted by SC despite the issue with the test. (if that is really the issue)

I think it was VBCock who said he believed that he was being held out from games IN CASE he is later ruled ineligible. But why the test issue has not been resolved when the semester is almost over is damn near incomprehensible to me. It makes me believe that there is more to it.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #225
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCock View Post

I share your thoughts on this.

How he does academically this semester will either prove/disprove any possible testing issues, if that's actually what it is.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:15 PM   #226
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Saturday and potentially Sunday will tell us quite a bit about this team's potential.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #227
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 14000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
He is in school and I believe he is even practicing. At least he is listed as a member of the team on gamecocksonline.com. That means he was admitted by SC despite the issue with the test. (if that is really the issue)

I think it was VBCock who said he believed that he was being held out from games IN CASE he is later ruled ineligible. But why the test issue has not been resolved when the semester is almost over is damn near incomprehensible to me. It makes me believe that there is more to it.
As of right now, I think they're going with the idea that he can use the academic redshirt. So, yeah he would be listed on the team and able to practice.

The NCAA will take a long time to determine eligibility, without regard to players' future. I hope it isn't so, but they could still rule that he's a final nonqualifier. In that case he'd probably be forced to repay tuition and wouldn't officially be on the team this year.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:22 PM   #228
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Saturday and potentially Sunday will tell us quite a bit about this team's potential.
Yep.

Sin was the difference maker against UM two years ago, but this time around we may be a better balanced team.

I liked they way our back-court looked against Norfolk St.

Chuck Martin has brought us some good recruits and I think we will do pretty good against Providence.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #229
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Providence is 2-1. They beat Holy Cross and Siena, but lost to Wichita State. They have Alpha Diallo a 6'7" guard that SC recruited heavily a few years ago. It will be a stiff test for our young team. Even though we are not playing them in Rhode Island, the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT is a lot closer for them than for us.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #230
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21588
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
VB, I appreciate your input. I have watched clips of some of the guys, and here are my thoughts:

Couisnard - has legit size/strength for a #2 and a nice stroke. Could be a big-time shooter/scorer. Although Frank compares him to Sin, he is more of a true #2, and not as much of an inside player.

Here's what Frank had to say about our big time shooter today:

"He’s practicing. I told him the other day, ‘I’m glad you’re not playing because the way you’re shooting it, holy cow.’ I think he’s one-for-the-last-two-weeks. That’s the truth. I told him that, but he’s a good player.”

My point isn't to pick on Couisnard or say that he won't be a great player if he ever gets cleared; it's simply that we need to pump the breaks on our expectations for many of these guys. Apart from Lawson (who most of us would agree is a star in the making), our freshmen have a lot to prove before we should get too excited.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #231
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot material

I continue to think this is Frank's best class yet. The four newcomers have all looked good overall and we still have 2 we have not seen play.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote