CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
TastyLicks
kick_ball
carolina_corpsman
ShutTheSuccop
Ace Dilcock
Spur's Addiction
Tyíson Willians to x (914)
Laeticia Amihere Enr (661)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (499)
2020 - Vershon Lee (417)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (386)
Dumb Crook News (300)
2019 Preferred Walk (294)
Transfer Portal (178)
Tech question (174)
2020 - Jacyais Credl (156)
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Tyíson Willians to xfer
2020 - Michael Wyman
2020 - Jacyais Credle
Bright spots from Belk Bo
Special shout out to Ryan
Transfer Portal
Coaching changes
Gamecock Baseball Fan App
2019 Gamecocks Season Foo

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 07:45 PM   #41
gamecockclint
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
gamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Ryan Hilinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBaseball View Post
Cutting his list from 10 to 7 doesn't sound like a huge deal. Maybe if it was a top 3, and we were included, i would be more excited.
He's cutting it to 3 in two weeks or so. We should be on that list.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:33 AM   #42
Gamecock303
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I think the Staff is still not 100% sold he will come across the Country but if he wants to commit they are not telling him no. We would certainly take both if that opportunity presents itself
apparently that probably isn't going to be a problem because his family is packing up and moving with him...his brother is even going to base his med school choice off of Ryan's decision.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:51 AM   #43
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

If Shrader picks us, Hilinski isnít coming to Carolina.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:19 AM   #44
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Okay... What major program will he pick that is void of great competition?
Old 04-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #45
wildwes
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5353
wildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot materialwildwes is USC mascot material

Quote:
This quote from Hilinski suggests otherwise:

Quote:
USC would love to take both Hilinski and Shrader together in the 2019 class. And Hilinski doesnít feel it will be awkward for either of them to be together and recruited together this weekend.
ďI think itís going to be fun. Competition is the name of the game,Ē HiIinski said. ďI donít think itís uncomfortable at all. I think itís great because weíre two of the best quarterbacks in the country and maybe I can have a conversation with him and maybe figure out what weíre both going to do.Ē
Old 04-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #46
roosterdude21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3211936517
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwes View Post
Sounds like a guy that wants to push his teammates.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:46 PM   #47
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1153600
Cockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot material

No surprise, but we made his top 7.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:46 PM   #48
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwes View Post
Hillinski also named Georgia in his top 7. There’s no way he’s going to sit behind Fromm and Fields. All good players say publicly they aren’t afraid of competition. There’s no doubt he’s a good QB. But he isn’t as good an athlete as Shrader. And Shrader appears to be a better fit as to what we’re looking for scheme-wise going forward.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:17 AM   #49
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1794
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...olina-set-bar/
Quote:
QB Ryan Hilinski of Orange, CA visited USC over the weekend with family members including his brother Kelly who plans to go to medical school where Ryan decides to play football. The Hilinskis flew back to California overnight Saturday, and then after a few hours of rest, headed to Hawaii for a family vacation and to scatter the ashes of his late brother Ty. Also Sunday, Hilinski released his top seven schools and USC is prominent on that list, especially after the visit.
“I think South Carolina set the bar this past weekend with that visit,” Hilinski said. “I talked to Kelly and he said it’s going to be hard to get better than that. I think after visiting the other schools in the top seven we can see how much they put into the visit when I come out. I use South Carolina as a weighing point. I would say South Carolina is the bar that has been set so far.”
To say Will Muschamp and company put out the garnet carpet for Hilinski and his brother would be an understatement.
“I think this visit was way better than last time actually,” he explained. “Talking to Coach Muschamp, Coach Werner and Coach McClendon, it seemed like their views were a little bit more like, ‘Hey man, we’d love to have you here.’ A little bit more motivated this time. Just getting to sit in on meetings and talk to them and getting on the field for the spring game. We were at the 50 yard line. I talked to the president of South Carolina (Harris Pastides). I talked to Mrs. Spurrier. Marcus Lattimore was talking to Mrs. Spurrier and I walked over because Marcus waived at me, and I went to introduce myself to Mrs. Spurrier, and she goes like, ‘You don’t have to introduce yourself, I know who you are.’ I was like, you’ve got to be kidding, Mrs. Spurrier knows who I am? That was pretty cool. And Coach Werner arranged for Kelly, my older brother, to talk to the chief medical director at the med school and they’ve been texting on and off about how he can get Kelly in there and working things out. That was pretty cool to see because that’s the only school that’s done that for me and Kelly so far. It was a great visit overall.”
The other schools on his short list are Georgia, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Oregon, Arizona and Arizona State. Hilinski knows each offers great football and education, and there’s another common denominator he found in each.
“Just the relationships I have with these coaches.,” he said. “All of these coaches have been talking to me and been involved in my recruiting since after their season, some before the season. I know I’ve talked to Coach Muschamp since during the season. I think that’s the biggest thing for me is building a relationship with these coaches because they are going to be there for all four years hopefully and you’re going to be with them more than you’re going to be with your own family. I like all the coaching staffs and I think I could see myself at each of those universities.”
Hilinski plans to visit Oregon April 16-17 and then he will return to Georgia for the spring game April 21st. He’s also talking with Ole Miss about a return visit and will take an official visit to Arizona State this month. He said after those visits he might be done. His brother will join him on the visits. He’s also expecting some coaches to visit him during the next live period.
Hilinski plans to announce his decision on Ty’s birthday, May 26th.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:21 PM   #50
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

TBS said today Hillinski is 3rd on the coaches board.....Shrader is first and the brother of the freshman QB for Alabama is second, Taulia Tagovailoa.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #51
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
TBS said today Hillinski is 3rd on the coaches board.....Shrader is first and the brother of the freshman QB for Alabama is second, Taulia Tagovailoa.
I am sure TBS has access to the coaches board... Are you guys 24-7 suckers or do you think Muschamp is an idiot... If the info out there was accurate, Boom would fire someone today... But it does give rival recruiters for Hilinski fodder for negative recruiting...

I believe if the kid called Muschamp tonight with a commitment, it would be accepted.. You don't have to pay me $10 a month
Old 04-02-2018, 10:15 PM   #52
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
I am sure TBS has access to the coaches board... Are you guys 24-7 suckers or do you think Muschamp is an idiot... If the info out there was accurate, Boom would fire someone today... But it does give rival recruiters for Hilinski fodder for negative recruiting...

I believe if the kid called Muschamp tonight with a commitment, it would be accepted.. You don't have to pay me $10 a month
No doubt. I am sure the coaches have them graded but no way that ever goes public. Give me any combination of those three. First two that commit.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:22 PM   #53
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

I don’t think Muschamp spends one minute a month concerning himself what people on paysites write. He knows how the game is played. How do you think these paysites find out who we offer so quickly. You don’t have to like it or believe it. I read GCC every day too to be able to compare what both are saying. Interesting how most times they say very similar things.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #54
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 118025146
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I am sure TBS has access to the coaches board...
Doesn't TBS stand for The Board Source????
Old 04-03-2018, 12:14 AM   #55
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I don’t think Muschamp spends one minute a month concerning himself what people on paysites write. He knows how the game is played. How do you think these paysites find out who we offer so quickly. You don’t have to like it or believe it. I read GCC every day too to be able to compare what both are saying. Interesting how most times they say very similar things.
Oh BS.. Its slight of hand.. It's easy enough to find out who they are recruiting via social media and the visits... You have highly rated QB prospects from, California, Alabama and Charlotte... Everyone would guess our chances with kid an hour away are better... So the so called insider claim he knows the closest kid who is likely to commit first is atop our board.. Hilinski has already said he will announce on his brothers birthday in late May.. So you figure Schrader will choose between USC and Miss St in mid April.. It's not inside info.. Its a calculated gamble based on common sense supposition... All sold as inside info... No coach is sharing our evaluations with any website
Old 04-03-2018, 12:41 AM   #56
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Oh BS.. Its slight of hand.. It's easy enough to find out who they are recruiting via social media and the visits... You have highly rated QB prospects from, California, Alabama and Charlotte... Everyone would guess our chances with kid an hour away are better... So the so called insider claim he knows the closest kid who is likely to commit first is atop our board.. Hilinski has already said he will announce on his brothers birthday in late May.. So you figure Schrader will choose between USC and Miss St in mid April.. It's not inside info.. Its a calculated gamble based on common sense supposition... All sold as inside info... No coach is sharing our evaluations with any website
It’s interesting how many people on here use CB to discuss how likely a kid is to pick a particular school or how many offers a kid has. You and many others on here talk about it all the time. People on here quote these sites numerous times every day. You have to understand these paysites are a cross between information and entertainment. TM has an accuracy rating of about 75% which school a recruit picks. Some others are better than that. Are these guys getting information from the coaches, I highly doubt it. You been duped into thinking it’s nothing but fake news. If it were nothing but a gamble as you say, they would be wrong almost as much as they’re right. That’s not the case. $10 a month is less than weekend beer money.

By the way, C2 posts over there all the time and is one of the better posters.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:24 PM   #57
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Time to really crank up the heat with Shrader committing to Miss. State.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 04-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #58
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Shrader to Miss State stinks. Hope we can reel Ryan in or I'll be disappointed.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:37 PM   #59
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I find it very difficult to believe that USC is going to be able to pull this kid from the west coast. I will be pretty upset if he ends up at Ole Miss though but they ended up getting Matt Corral out of CA last year so its happened recently.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #60
GeoCocky66
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 21773
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I find it very difficult to believe that USC is going to be able to pull this kid from the west coast. I will be pretty upset if he ends up at Ole Miss though but they ended up getting Matt Corral out of CA last year so its happened recently.
Not saying that he's coming here or that we are the team to beat, but the situation is somewhat atypical because of the tie-in with his brother and family.
Closed Thread