CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
TastyLicks
carolina_corpsman
ShutTheSuccop
kick_ball
Spur's Addiction
Ace Dilcock
Laeticia Amihere Enr (631)
Tyíson Willians to x (612)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (454)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (367)
2020 - Vershon Lee (340)
Dumb Crook News (286)
2019 walk on tight e (175)
Tech question (167)
Transfer Portal (109)
2020 WR Jacyais Cred (1)
Tyíson Willians to xfer
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Bright spots from Belk Bo
Special shout out to Ryan
Transfer Portal
Coaching changes
Gamecock Baseball Fan App
2019 Gamecocks Season Foo
2020 WR Jacyais Credle
2019 walk on tight end Ke

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2019 - Chris Steele - Florida

Defensive Back from Bellflower, California

USC offer.

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by COCKDIESEL; 01-06-2019 at 01:10 AM..
Old 03-21-2018, 11:22 PM   #2
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1866792
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Chris Steele

5 Star CB visiting this weekend all the way from California
Old 03-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #3
SCMunnerlyn1
Former Florence Resident

Male

CockyCash: 5875
SCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudlySCMunnerlyn1 is crowing loudly

The fact we got a visit alone is encouraging.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/SCMunnerlyn1
PSN SCMunnerlyn1
Old 03-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #4
92Pony
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1758700
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Good gracious the offers! He's 'warm' on Miami and Louisville, so it doesn't look as though he's opposed to leaving the west coast..... Would be a nice get. Show him that draft record CWM!!
Old 03-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 760
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMunnerlyn1 View Post
The fact we got a visit alone is encouraging.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This
Old 03-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #6
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 400
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

K Nix was his host! Definitely gonna have some input on this pull!
Old 03-26-2018, 08:29 AM   #7
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1794
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...fornia-corner/

Quote:
One of the top defensive backs in the 2019 class, Chris Steele of Bellflower, CA visited USC unofficially over the weekend with his parents. USC recruiter Coleman Hutzler made the first contract with Steele while visiting his school in December and secondary coach Travaris Robinson followed. From those conversations Steele decided to fly across the country for a closer look, and he’s glad he did.
“Overall it was a great visit. If I had to rate it on a scale of 1-10 it would definitely be a 10,” Steele said. “I got to meet with Coach Muschamp a few times. I got to meet with T-Rob as well. If I were to go to South Carolina I know I would definitely get developed and be ready for the next level. Their resume kind of speaks for itself. Quincy Wilson, that was my favorite corner in college. To have the opportunity to play for a coach who coached him, Vernon Hargreaves, just some dudes like that, I definitely know I would be ready for the next level.”
Steele obviously has the talent to get to that next level. His offer sheet reads like a who’s who of college football…USC, Southern Cal, UCLA, Texas A&M, Florida, Alabama, Michigan, Tennessee, Stanford, Washington, Texas, Arizona, Arizona State and others. He’s a special player and he said the Gamecock coaches compared him to another special corner in talking with him about his potential impact on the program.
“The main comparison I was getting all weekend was Minkah Fitzpatrick,” he said. “I guess coming out of high school, me and him were very similar. Coach Muschamp and the other coaches were recruiting him when they were at Florida. That’s the main comparison I got. He’s arguably the best defensive back in the draft so that meant a lot to me. They said if I came in I’d have a chance to start my freshman year if I put the work in at the nickel position or corner. That was good to hear.”
Steele not only enjoyed meeting with the coaches and players, he enjoyed getting a taste of life in the South, and he admits to being pleasantly surprised with what he saw.
“When I first thought of South Carolina I thought it was going to be in the middle of the woods or something, but it was a lot different,” Steele said. “The city was beautiful. I got to spend some time with Keisean Nixon (a fellow Californian) and he showed me around. It was amazing, a lot more than what I expected. I could see myself living there. Without a doubt, coming across the country is definitely not a problem for me. I just want to go somewhere I’m going to be developed whether that’s close to home or whether that’s far away from home. It doesn’t really make a difference to me as I long I know I’m going to get developed.”
Steele also has visited Texas A&M, Alabama, LSU, Arizona, Arizona State, Oregon, Southern Cal, UCLA, Stanford and Cal. He will take an official visit to Oklahoma April 14th and also wants to visit Florida and Miami. And he said he plans to return to USC on an official visit and is looking at the weekend of the Georgia game for that.
Steele said he will announce his commitment at the Army All American Game and will graduate and sign early.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #8
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1794
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

I'm slightly optimistic about our chances with this young man. he talks about development to reach the next level and who coached his favorite Corner in college. He was hosted by a fellow West Coast guy and was pleasantly surprised about the city of Columbia. I think we will definitely be in his final group.
Pretty impressive work by our coaching staff!
Old 03-26-2018, 03:50 PM   #9
sgacock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot material

"Steele also has visited Texas A&M, Alabama, LSU, Arizona, Arizona State, Oregon, Southern Cal, UCLA, Stanford and Cal. He will take an official visit to Oklahoma April 14th and also wants to visit Florida and Miami. And he said he plans to return to USC on an official visit and is looking at the weekend of the Georgia game for that."

We need to sell every long-distance recruit on attending the Georgia game for an OV. West Coast kids will not experience the same game day passion when visiting PAC games. Not very many other good games (ranked matchups??) to compete with nationally on September 8 but SoCal is playing at Stanford that day.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #10
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1153600
Cockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot material

Honestly, just getting an OV from him is amazing. Anything more is just icing on the cake. I hope they can reel in the Cali kid and make some in roads out there. Those QBs are some of the best in the nation.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #11
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Not unheard of to get West Coast guys...K Nixon, Mike Rathe, Taylor Rank.

would be a huge get....nice job by staff to simply get a visit and give themselves a chance.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 03-26-2018, 06:14 PM   #12
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 128944
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Not unheard of to get West Coast guys...K Nixon, Mike Rathe, Taylor Rank.

would be a huge get....nice job by staff to simply get a visit and give themselves a chance.
No, not unheard of to get a guy from the Left Coast. But to get a 5* that everyone wants - yes, that is unheard of.

If Boom lands him, maybe people will stop whining about the high-rated OOS guys. It just takes time and improved play, but Boom will get them. Sooner, rather than later.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:37 PM   #13
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Said he enjoyed the visit and that leaving Cali is not an issue.
Still will be surprised if we land him...but a good season and you never know (helps he is waiting til after the season to make a decision).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 03-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #14
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

Cockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot material

I believe I read an interview where he stated if he had to scale his visit on a scale of 1-10, it was definitely a 10. I’ll look for the article later, but I think it was a 24-7 article.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #15
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
I believe I read an interview where he stated if he had to scale his visit on a scale of 1-10, it was definitely a 10. Iíll look for the article later, but I think it was a 24-7 article.
Chris did rate his visit as a 10 which is awesome.

This is the article I read his remarks in.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...haselwood-2019
Old 03-27-2018, 05:14 PM   #16
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Thank you to the bag men who helped Chris enjoy his visit. If we land this kid somebodyís doing something. Whenís the last time we landed a kid from California other than K Nixon? Iíll believe it when the ink is dry.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:49 AM   #17
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
Thank you to the bag men who helped Chris enjoy his visit. If we land this kid somebodyís doing something. Whenís the last time we landed a kid from California other than K Nixon? Iíll believe it when the ink is dry.
We got a JUCO safety about 3-4 years ago from California. He left after a year, Toure Boyd.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:58 AM   #18
CockNJersey
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Just once I’d love to hear a recruit say his visit to a school was just alright, or even bad.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:07 PM   #19
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
Just once Iíd love to hear a recruit say his visit to a school was just alright, or even bad.
Go back a few years to the last couple of years under Spurrier. There were a few recruits that were not wowed and one 5* guy complained that Spurrier didnít know who he was or even know he was supposed to be on a visit.

All that being said, no one is saying we will land Steele, we are saying that itís awesome school publicity that a 5* is raving about his visit.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #20
CockNJersey
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
Go back a few years to the last couple of years under Spurrier. There were a few recruits that were not wowed and one 5* guy complained that Spurrier didnít know who he was or even know he was supposed to be on a visit.

All that being said, no one is saying we will land Steele, we are saying that itís awesome school publicity that a 5* is raving about his visit.
Oh, yeah, I know. Itís just that every recruit has great thing to say after they visit here. I suppose thatís good, but it means you canít put any stock into it.
Closed Thread