CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
TastyLicks
kick_ball
carolina_corpsman
ShutTheSuccop
Spur's Addiction
Ace Dilcock
Tyíson Willians to x (914)
Laeticia Amihere Enr (661)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (499)
2020 - Vershon Lee (417)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (386)
Dumb Crook News (300)
2019 Preferred Walk (294)
Transfer Portal (178)
Tech question (174)
2020 - Jacyais Credl (156)
2020 - Jacyais Credle
Transfer Portal
Tyíson Willians to xfer
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2020 - Michael Wyman
Bright spots from Belk Bo
Special shout out to Ryan
Coaching changes
Gamecock Baseball Fan App
2019 Gamecocks Season Foo

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 12:25 PM   #21
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1153600
Cockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Chris Steele

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
Oh, yeah, I know. Itís just that every recruit has great thing to say after they visit here. I suppose thatís good, but it means you canít put any stock into it.
It is to be expected, what they are saying a few days after is what is moreso telling. Either way, as stated, the kid saying they loved their visit and would be back is great exposure. Iím pretty sure I recall reading he said he would OV here which is all you can really ask for.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #22
CockNJersey
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
It is to be expected, what they are saying a few days after is what is moreso telling. Either way, as stated, the kid saying they loved their visit and would be back is great exposure. I’m pretty sure I recall reading he said he would OV here which is all you can really ask for.
Yeah. My bigger point is just recruiting overall. Not specifically here. You could take one recruit’s statement after visiting a school and use it as a template for what every other recruit says, just changing the names. “I had a really good time. Spent some time with coach _____. They really like me a lot and say I can compete for playing time right away. Talked to coach _____ and he explained how I would fit in their system. Got to hang out with some of the players and see the campus. _______ is a cool town. Right now I’m just trying to take it all in, approach it one day at a time, talk to my family and God and make the decision that’s best for me and my future.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:36 PM   #23
Rooster'srule
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 985410
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
Yeah. My bigger point is just recruiting overall. Not specifically here. You could take one recruitís statement after visiting a school and use it as a template for what every other recruit says, just changing the names. ďI had a really good time. Spent some time with coach _____. They really like me a lot and say I can compete for playing time right away. Talked to coach _____ and he explained how I would fit in their system. Got to hang out with some of the players and see the campus. _______ is a cool town. Right now Iím just trying to take it all in, approach it one day at a time, talk to my family and God and make the decision thatís best for me and my future.
ďOverall it was a great visit. If I had to rate it on a scale of 1-10 it would definitely be a 10,Ē Steele said.

Oops doesn't meet your definition
Old 03-29-2018, 05:35 PM   #24
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Chris announced his top 14 today and we are on the list.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:28 AM   #25
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1794
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Chris announced his top 14 today and we are on the list.

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...ituation-soon/
Quote:
USC Gamecocks make the cut from 44 offers to 14 with DB Chris Steele of Bellflower, CA. He visited USC last weekend. He plans to cut his list in half this summer. Also making the cutÖAlabama, Cal, Florida, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M and Southern Cal.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:32 AM   #26
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Still a longshot
Old 03-31-2018, 02:10 AM   #27
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 57070
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Still a longshot
Definitely but we are still in this one.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:57 PM   #28
Gamecockboyo
Running in a Sandstorm

Male

CockyCash: 936666
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Quote:
Still a longshot
Not as long as you think.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:06 PM   #29
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1153600
Cockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
Iím slightly curious as to who your source is. That being said, I am not going to ask you to disclose. You seem to have high confidence in some recruits which leads me to believe you have some kind of inside knowledge.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:41 PM   #30
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
Iím slightly curious as to who your source is. That being said, I am not going to ask you to disclose. You seem to have high confidence in some recruits which leads me to believe you have some kind of inside knowledge.
Was wondering the same thing.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:18 PM   #31
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
He’s got a who’s who offer list with some of the best schools in the country including the SEC. He’s a Californaia kid and is likely going to USCw per CB.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:25 PM   #32
Gamecockboyo
Running in a Sandstorm

Male

CockyCash: 936666
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Quote:
Heís got a whoís who offer list with some of the best schools in the country including the SEC. Heís a Californaia kid and is likely going to USCw per CB.
Just wait and see, Nixon and the coaching staff left a huge impression on him. Those CBís that were put in, some of them were put in early.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:20 AM   #33
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Just wait and see, Nixon and the coaching staff left a huge impression on him. Those CBís that were put in, some of them were put in early.
Nixon did tweet out "done deal" in regards to Steele, FWIW.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:37 AM   #34
Gamecock303
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Heís got a whoís who offer list with some of the best schools in the country including the SEC. Heís a Californaia kid and is likely going to USCw per CB.
from a quick glance many of those CBs were before we even offered him...certainly before he ever got to campus or had an actual sit down with Muschamp and T-Rob.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:48 AM   #35
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Just wait and see, Nixon and the coaching staff left a huge impression on him. Those CB’s that were put in, some of them were put in early.
The last 5 CB picked him to USCw and they were in February, not exactly old.

Pulling a 5* DB from California is not going to happen. I’m sure he liked Nixon and the coaches.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:23 AM   #36
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Pulling a 5* DB from California is not going to happen. Iím sure he liked Nixon and the coaches.
Please forgive our coaches for trying... While you're at it forgive our fans for believing our program is on the rise.. I don't know where the kid is going or not going... But I know it's great to be in the running... Who knows we might get lucky on a few of these visitors...
Old 04-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #37
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:

Pulling a 5* DB from California is not going to happen. Iím sure he liked Nixon and the coaches.
So, I guess you fall into "don't try to recruit nationally" group...after all, it's a waste of time...we know....Hillinski isn't coming here, either.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #38
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
Please forgive our coaches for trying... While you're at it forgive our fans for believing our program is on the rise.. I don't know where the kid is going or not going... But I know it's great to be in the running... Who knows we might get lucky on a few of these visitors...
I think it’s great to even be in the running for a player this good from the West coast. It also shows how far Muschamp has come in just a short time. But getting him to visit and committing to us are two very different things. If we can win double digit games for the next couple of years, we may start to see guys like this end up in Columbia.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:34 PM   #39
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
So, I guess you fall into "don't try to recruit nationally" group...after all, it's a waste of time...we know....Hillinski isn't coming here, either.
I never said that and you know I didn’t. I’m just being realistic. Nobody on CT is more optimistic than me about the direction of our football program. Read my post above this. The coaches like Shrader better, and if he picks us, there’s no way we’ll get Hillinski too. If Shrader doesn’t pick us, then I think we’ll get Hillinski.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #40
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Sounds like no surprised if we are in the final cut here and have a chance to get the nod when he picks... I'd be surprised if we didn't make the final cut.
Closed Thread