CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
TastyLicks
kick_ball
carolina_corpsman
ShutTheSuccop
Ace Dilcock
Spur's Addiction
Ty’son Willians to x (914)
Laeticia Amihere Enr (661)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (499)
2020 - Vershon Lee (417)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (386)
Dumb Crook News (300)
2019 Preferred Walk (294)
Transfer Portal (178)
Tech question (174)
2020 - Jacyais Credl (156)
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Ty’son Willians to xfer
2020 - Michael Wyman
2020 - Jacyais Credle
Bright spots from Belk Bo
Special shout out to Ryan
Transfer Portal
Coaching changes
Gamecock Baseball Fan App
2019 Gamecocks Season Foo

Old 06-07-2018, 12:33 AM   #21
gamecockclint
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
gamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Cameron Smith

I'd take he and Daniel at corner and be thrilled.
gamecockclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:42 AM   #22
AtlantaSportsGuy
Recruiting Aficionado

Male

CockyCash: 50550
AtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPitAtlantaSportsGuy rules the CockPit

Cam Smith has been made a priority by Muschamp. At our recent camp he ran a 4.40 40 and jumped 40 inches.

T Rob and Muschamp pulled him off to the side to work him out individually.

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:04 AM   #23
AndersonCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot materialAndersonCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockclint View Post
I'd take he and Daniel at corner and be thrilled.
Who’s Daniel? We got so many kids wanting to come here I’m forgetting who’s who lol.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:56 AM   #24
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

DJ Daniel CB. He has his own thread.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:19 AM   #25
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 57070
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
Cam Smith has been made a priority by Muschamp. At our recent camp he ran a 4.40 40 and jumped 40 inches.

T Rob and Muschamp pulled him off to the side to work him out individually.
If you're going to give out results at least make them accurate...
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #26
davisd9
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
davisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot material

Good article on Smith:
https://southcarolina.rivals.com/new...e-cb-cam-smith

Says he ran a 4.48 40 and had a 37" vertical.
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #27
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1794
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

https://sportstalksc.com/index.php/2...with-an-offer/
Quote:
Cam Smith

One of the state’s major climbers in recruiting circles for the 2019 class has been DB Cam Smith of Westwood. He started out mostly with mid-major offers but now the Power 5 offers are rolling in. The most recent was USC on Wednesday. Smith performed well enough in front of Will Muschamp and Travaris Robinson in camp to earn an offer from them.

“I worked out first and after that and we went to the office and Coach T-Rob, me and the head coach were in there. They were just talking to me about the school and stuff and they just offered me,” Smith said. “I had to show them something in the camp so when I was working out I felt good about what I was doing. I worked out privately, working on my feet, how fast I can get in and out of the break and how fast I can turn. I felt great about it.”

Smith also has offers from Florida State, North Carolina, Maryland, Tennessee, West Virginia, East Carolina, Purdue and others. USC, Tennessee and North Carolina are his top three schools now with no favorite. He said Tennessee has been recruiting him the hardest of those three to this point. He has set August 17th for his announcement date.

USC has 15 commitments at this point but none for the secondary. That was clearly explained by Muschamp and Robinson to Smith who is being recruited for cornerback.

“They are taking three (corners),” Smith said.

Smith said he will visit Tennessee this weekend and will also take visits to North Carolina, East Carolina and Florida State. All are unofficial visits.
USCBaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #28
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 196405
elcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot material

It wouldn't be a surprise if he is a silent. We shall see what happens, but we have such a huge amount of momemtum there is no guarantee his offer will be commitable on August 17th.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #29
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I’d be stunned if he waited that long.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #30
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
It wouldn't be a surprise if he is a silent. We shall see what happens, but we have such a huge amount of momemtum there is no guarantee his offer will be commitable on August 17th.

We're in need of DBs so I think they'll hold one for him, not that it seems like it'll go that long anyway.

But this guy is a freak, he's going to be extremely good so he will always have a commitable offer imo
ba55nec4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #31
davisd9
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
davisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot materialdavisd9 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba55nec4r View Post
We're in need of DBs so I think they'll hold one for him, not that it seems like it'll go that long anyway.

But this guy is a freak, he's going to be extremely good so he will always have a commitable offer imo
Only thing is we have a number of very good DB recruits interested in us and if a couple of them commit he may lose his spot. I hope he is a silent and is just doing the announcement for formality. This is not the year to be waiting around as you may get passed by.
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #32
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

elcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot material

I tend to agree, but I still think the kid might be a silent. If DJ Daniels commits and another CB (likely a camp offer...I think Steele is 99% SoCal bound), it will be tight.

Jammie Robinson is the guy I think gets left out if he doesn't commit soon (Safety, but we are filling up)
Old 06-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #33
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
I think both Smith and Jackson are silents.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #34
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

JC said best CB prospect this state has seen since Stephon Gilmore. Kid is a must get.

Last edited by BiscoCocky; 06-07-2018 at 08:05 PM..
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #35
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
JC said best CB prospect this state has seen since Stephon Gilmore. Kid is a must get.
Keith actually said it, but he is probably 100% accurate.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #36
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1866792
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

invited to The Opening Finals in Texas 6/30 - 7/3
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:35 PM   #37
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 118025146
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

The way the recruiting guys are drooling over this kid, before it is over he may surpass Pickens as the #1 prospect in the state for this class.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #38
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1866792
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

OVing to UT this weekend. Already on their campus.
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #39
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPitrt3891 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
OVing to UT this weekend. Already on their campus.
Hopefully he doesn’t drink the ‘other’ orange koolaid.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:35 PM   #40
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
The way the recruiting guys are drooling over this kid, before it is over he may surpass Pickens as the #1 prospect in the state for this class.....
You’re kidding, right