CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
TastyLicks
Master Bedroom
kick_ball
carolina_corpsman
ShutTheSuccop
Spur's Addiction
Ace Dilcock
Ty’son Willians to x (914)
Laeticia Amihere Enr (661)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (499)
2020 - Vershon Lee (417)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (386)
Dumb Crook News (300)
2019 Preferred Walk (294)
Transfer Portal (178)
Tech question (174)
2020 - Jacyais Credl (156)
Jake Bentley progression
Air Fryer Recipes
2020 - Jacyais Credle
Transfer Portal
Ty’son Willians to xfer
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2020 - Michael Wyman
Bright spots from Belk Bo
Special shout out to Ryan
Coaching changes

Old 12-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #41
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 128944
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018-2019 Early Signing Period Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Heard his interview on 107.5 today and he sounded like one of the coaches. Real mature and very very smart. Sit back and enjoy when he gets here. Our coaching staff thinks he is a program changer.
Also, the local paper here in Charleston did a nice write-up on Pickens. There was a lot to it, but the gist was that he was a better person than he was a player - and they were raving about his football talent too.

He is a positive force in the locker room, devotes a lot of time to charities, and helps out people that are being bullied (I don't think there are many bullies that would want to cross him, LOL).

FYI, we are also getting his older brother as a walk-on DB, transferring from Mars Hill. The knock on his brother is that he did not get the height gene - just 5'9", so not a lot of interest in this day of taller DBs. But he should have some athletic ability, based on Zacch.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:29 PM   #42
willyb's hotdogs#1
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 5800
willyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot material

i still love the irony in getting a beast out of Anderson, SC named Pickens!!! it makes me smile! Oh and he’s a pretty good football player too.

willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:36 PM   #43
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Also, the local paper here in Charleston did a nice write-up on Pickens. There was a lot to it, but the gist was that he was a better person than he was a player - and they were raving about his football talent too.

He is a positive force in the locker room, devotes a lot of time to charities, and helps out people that are being bullied (I don't think there are many bullies that would want to cross him, LOL).

FYI, we are also getting his older brother as a walk-on DB, transferring from Mars Hill. The knock on his brother is that he did not get the height gene - just 5'9", so not a lot of interest in this day of taller DBs. But he should have some athletic ability, based on Zacch.
I can attest the write up on Zacch is 100 percent on the mark.
He is a very well-mannered, respectful young man who really tries to best represent himself, his family and his community.

If I was in school and was being bullied, I'd want Zacch on my side.

Also, he is a very positive guy and a leader in the locker room. If you went to a Hanna game, he is the first one out through the banner, is always next to the head coach in the postgame huddle and leads by example.

We are getting a good one...he will be a fantastic ambassador for the university, regardless of what he does on the field. And, he is a model student in the classroom, and I doubt we have to worry about him hanging around 5 points in the wee hours of the morning.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:37 PM   #44
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

NOt sure if there is room for him, but OL Darius Washington has not yet signed with Miss. State.

I don't know if we are still taking him with the signing with Jakai now in the fold, but may still be one to keep an eye on.
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #45
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklypised View Post
Is anybody worried about the RB situation? Harris I haven't seen any of his videos just know he ran a 4.56 40.
At 230lbs, that isn't slow. People need to get off this kick of all running backs need to be sub 4.5.. You can't tell the difference in that .2 seconds. Its mainly about their acceleration and explosion. He tested off the charts in the shuttle.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #46
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Yeah 4.5 is fine. No one was catching squeaky Watson.

Was Green expected to sign today?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:44 PM   #47
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7900000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

So that's 17 signed so far and 2 misses this morning (Hopper and Bedford).

Last year we had 23 that signed in December. This year we have 17, but I also think the 2 transfers here count against this class, so that makes 19 total, with room for 6 more? Anyone have an accurate list on who we are seriously considering now?

https://gamecocksonline.com/
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #48
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Yeah 4.5 is fine. No one was catching squeaky Watson.

Was Green expected to sign today?
No, JUCO rules prevent him from signing in December since he isn't an EE.

He will sign in February.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #49
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

We can sign 23 total because Cook and Belk count against the 25. So we have 6 spots remaining w/ one of those spots reserved for Jahkeem Green to sign in February.

The guys we know that are on the board going into January:

Jammie Robinson
Darius Washington
Jashawn Sheffield
Jacquaze Sorrells
DeQuan Watts
Shiloh Sanders
Xavier Leggette*

*possible as a greyshirt

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #50
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
So that's 17 signed so far and 2 misses this morning (Hopper and Bedford).

Last year we had 23 that signed in December. This year we have 17, but I also think the 2 transfers here count against this class, so that makes 19 total, with room for 6 more? Anyone have an accurate list on who we are seriously considering now?

https://gamecocksonline.com/
Green will sign in February, and Davis should sign today too. That would put us at 19. Cook and Belk make 21, leaving 4 additional spots available.

I think we're still looking at Darius Washington (OL commit to Miss St.), Jashawn Sheffield (WR commit to Auburn), Jaquaze Sorrells (DL), Dequan Watts (DB), and Jammie Robinson (DB). I think the ship has sailed on Steele. Probably signed with Florida today, but we won't know until January 5.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #51
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
We can sign 23 total because Cook and Belk count against the 25. So we have 6 spots remaining w/ one of those spots reserved for Jahkeem Green to sign in February.

The guys we know that are on the board going into January:

Jammie Robinson
Darius Washington
Jashawn Sheffield
Jacquaze Sorrells
DeQuan Watts
Shiloh Sanders
Xavier Leggette*

*possible as a greyshirt
Won't Leggette count towards 2020 if he greyshirts? Also, we're still waiting on Devontae Davis's LOI which would put us at 18 signees today. With Green making 19, we should only have 4 spots left.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:53 PM   #52
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I just want to say how awesome our class is this cycle. Even if we don't land another player, the guys we have are going to be special. Everybody should be really thrilled with the guys we're bringing in.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #53
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 128944
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
I doubt we have to worry about him hanging around 5 points in the wee hours of the morning.
That is a shame - I was hoping he would have my back if I was getting bullied in Five Points. I guess I will just have to hang out in the Vista, LOL.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #54
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 8000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Did that running back sign with the vols?
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #55
gotrice?
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 57070
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Doesn't sign until tomorrow I believe. I'd say it's likely the Vols but it'd be one heck of a nice surprise if I'm wrong and he winds up here.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #56
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
At 230lbs, that isn't slow. People need to get off this kick of all running backs need to be sub 4.5.. You can't tell the difference in that .2 seconds. Its mainly about their acceleration and explosion. He tested off the charts in the shuttle.
People also need to look for vision, patience and catching out of the backfield.
In today's game it isn't necessarily how fast you run a 40, shuttle is the true determination of quickness in space.

also, our staff clearly is looking for backs with bigger bodies who can grind a game...Harris fits that mold.

It is not just about how well you test, but how well you also fit a team's scheme. Harris probably would not work in an air raid type offense with quicker, smaller backs...but in our type system, he fits.
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #57
TaySC
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 7900000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:

Eric Gray

He isn't showing as signed yet, but I do know he is expected to sign with the Vols.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #58
Roosterboy
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
Won't Leggette count towards 2020 if he greyshirts? Also, we're still waiting on Devontae Davis's LOI which would put us at 18 signees today. With Green making 19, we should only have 4 spots left.
You are corrrect on the Legette situation.
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #59
donbgamecock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000600
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Merry Christmas Ya'll ....Feathers is gone...
Old 12-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #60
CapitolCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Eric Gray

He isn't showing as signed yet, but I do know he is expected to sign with the Vols.
Correct. Eric Gray signs tomorrow, and will likely end up w/ Tennessee.

Tahj Gary also signed with Virginia Tech today.