CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
TastyLicks
carolina_corpsman
ShutTheSuccop
kick_ball
Spur's Addiction
Ace Dilcock
Laeticia Amihere Enr (631)
Ty’son Willians to x (612)
Bianca Cuevas-Moore (454)
2020 - Jerrold Pough (367)
2020 - Vershon Lee (340)
Dumb Crook News (286)
2019 walk on tight e (175)
Tech question (167)
Transfer Portal (109)
2020 WR Jacyais Cred (1)
Ty’son Willians to xfer
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Bright spots from Belk Bo
Special shout out to Ryan
Transfer Portal
Coaching changes
Gamecock Baseball Fan App
2019 Gamecocks Season Foo
2020 WR Jacyais Credle
2019 walk on tight end Ke

Old 01-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #81
GarnetSwarm1990
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5738
GarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot materialGarnetSwarm1990 is USC mascot material
Default Re: All-American Bowl - High School

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
I feel like in years past the QB rotation has been a little more even than this, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Rattler has gotten like 80% of the snaps... pretty annoying
And he wasn't even good. Yeah he threw 2 tds but he also got probably 10 drives.

But Hilinski's rating will probably drop and somehow SoCal rises 10 spots by adding 2 players.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #82
KMac
ಠ_ಠ

Male

CockyCash: 4908600
KMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
And he wasn't even good. Yeah he threw 2 tds but he also got probably 10 drives.

But Hilinski's rating will probably drop and somehow SoCal rises 10 spots by adding 2 players.

Yeah I figured it would be a little more evenly split between Ryan and Rattler, maybe like 60/40, but I didn't expect that.

They really should have at least given Ryan 2-3 drives in a row to get some kind of rhythm going, but I guess that would have interrupted their Rattler circle-jerk so thats a no go.

Phuck the rankings... this game didn't impact my excitement for Ryan at all. I still think he's gonna be a stud
Old 01-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #83
Senior Rooster
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 125700000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Where can we see STATS from the Game today?
Old 01-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #84
TheWeave09
streetcarl if youre nasty

Male

CockyCash: 1642
TheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot materialTheWeave09 is USC mascot material

Compared to how Howell (the #2 qb from the other team) was handled in today’s game, I think that was incredibly unfair to Hilinski. I could be wrong but Howell and the other guy split time almost evenly. Ryan was barely given a chance even when Rattler had consecutive stalled drives and fumbled snaps
TheWeave09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:28 PM   #85
sosfan812
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

I really don't care about the game. When he was matched against all the QB's there he finished 4th, 2nd and 1st in day to day practice. He is a rhythm QB and putting him in here and there didn't give anyone a true reading. Go back and read what was being said about him from the people that saw him all week. Besides his arm he was notated as being a leader that the other players liked.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #86
5lbYardcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material5lbYardcock is USC mascot material

The Howell kid looked decent going to NC.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:46 AM   #87
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
I really don't care about the game. When he was matched against all the QB's there he finished 4th, 2nd and 1st in day to day practice. He is a rhythm QB and putting him in here and there didn't give anyone a true reading. Go back and read what was being said about him from the people that saw him all week. Besides his arm he was notated as being a leader that the other players liked.
I’ll tell you what you won’t hear is RH complaining or making excuses. He’s got far too much class for that.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:57 AM   #88
Lalli25
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
No impressed with rh..oversold yet again.
I saw some great glimpses of why he will be a great college QB. That deep out he hit on the 3rd down in his first series was an unbelievable throw. He threw it before the break and hit the guy in stride, which let him get YAC. All without being able to fully step into the throw. The kid has all the ability, just need to see if we surround him with talent and develop him right.

I was less impressed with Rattler than RH.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #89
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 201562
DrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot material

The game for me was just that, watching a game and learning some players. I never expected much.