CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
MountainCock
ucan'tlickourcocks
2k15
Ace Dilcock
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
The Yancey
24 in the CFP rankin (3021)
Sumlin Out at A& (2071)
Can we run the ball? (1495)
My take (1136)
Congratulations (953)
Patrick Davis-big ol (632)
David Cassidy Dies (256)
PODCAST: Clemson Wee (143)
This Egg Bowl might (131)
GameDay Kickoff: The (110)
Sumlin Out at A&M
New Smart TV
2018 MBB - Simisola "
Mike Leach on CFP
Clemson opponents avg rec
#114 in Total Offense
Congratulations
Uniforms vs Clemson
"I Wanna Be A Gameco
NCAAF: CLEMSON TATERS @ S

Old 09-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Flat Rock Wood Room - Hendersonville

Anyone else ever been there? We went up a few weeks ago and it was amazing.

https://onenine3bbq.blogspot.com/201...wood-room.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
Big Milk
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Big Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot materialBig Milk is USC mascot material
Default Re: Flat Rock Wood Room - Hendersonville

Still haven't eaten there, but everyone around here seems to like it. The wife and I are planning to hit it next week before seeing American Assassin.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
PyroPepper
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2001000000
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

It's close enough, so I reckon that we should try it!

PyroPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:29 PM   #4
FurmanCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5250
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

The wife and I went there last night for dinner. I had the pulled pork platter with the cheezy bacon grits and baked beans. I thought the sides were top shelf as well as the corn bread. The sides may have been the best two sides that I have had in a while at BBQ joint. It's hard to go wrong with the combination of cheese, grits and bacon...and they definitely delivered. A nice creamy, thick texture of which I probably could have made a meal just off of them. The baked beans had a few nice pieces of pork with a little bark on them -- very tasty. The pulled pork was good; however, locally I probably prefer Twelve Bones up in Asheville for the pork. But I would definitely eat here again.

Thanks for the post Cack. I had not heard of the restaurant, and the wife and I are always looking for someplace new to try.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #5
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1851285
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

The wife and I are planning another week-end at the Mill House Inn in Flat Rock and may give it a shot.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Haywood's in Waynesville NC is real good. We meet up with some friends for a mountain weekend in Pigeon Forge yearly, and went there last year on the way home to Columbia on Sunday, and then picked some apples at the Hilltop (or something top) apple orchard. It was a great time. We tried to do it again this year,but turns out they changed their hours so they were closed on Sunday. We hit up Southern Porch in Canton, NC and it was pretty good.

I only mention this because I know these two are around the same area, especially if you're traveling.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote