CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
crowcutta
TaySC
lfowens
SanAntonioCock
Ironfan
tcmac08
Spur's Addiction
markymark550
spareparts
**USC (14-13) vs. Ge (1986)
**USC (3-1) vs. Wint (1802)
Deebo and Shi Smith (971)
2019 - Taisun Phomma (763)
2019 - Jacob Conover (615)
Hey Y’all...Billy Gr (546)
Rebel Rags Suit Alle (425)
Two-Time National Ch (415)
Tight End U (345)
BRITISH INVASION - 1 (313)
**USC (14-13) vs. Georgia
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
2019 Commitment - Rodricu
2019 - Calijah Kancey
**USC (3-1) vs. Winthrop
Spring Game announced
Daily Five: Vacated Wins?
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
Tight End U
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti

Old 01-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
gamecockox
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudly
Default renovation to Founder's park

with baseball season almost here, it got me thinking....when the ballpark was built it was one of the top five facilities in the country. Other programs have been renovating or building new facilities. I do not think it has slipped in any type of ranking but I think it is time to at least lay out a plan for some future renovations. More suites down the third baseline, mezzanine seating..some vision of what Founder's park could become.
gamecockox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2800
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb
Default Re: renovation to Founder's park

I think Founder's Park is still superior to most collegiate stadiums, but I would love to see our capacity break 10,000. I don't know if we have the space to catch up with LSU for largest capacity, but I think suites and/or more grandstand seating could be built down the 3rd base line.

I don't foresee the university doing that anytime soon though. It's not viewed as necessary, and the money has to come from somewhere
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:17 PM   #3
TaySC
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

I agree that we need to stay ahead of other teams and not allow them to catch up to us.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:27 PM   #4
gamecockfinatic2007
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5200
gamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot materialgamecockfinatic2007 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfinatic2007

Baseball will need to become a championship contender as well as either a break even or revenue sport again before we see another investment into the program.
gamecockfinatic2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:09 PM   #5
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 148329461367
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

If you are not going wide open, you are getting left behind. Always the next guy going to eat your lunch if you rest......

Think the AD and HC are on the same page, we will get what is required to be top 8, we just have to go out and earn it! And earn it we shall!
ucan'tlickourcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:51 PM   #6
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Multiple SEC programs are bringing in new ballparks that are superior to ours. We'll not compete with any other program other than those in the SEC: keep up in that race, and you'll not only fare well versus any other college baseball program out there - you'll stay well ahead of them.

Texas A&M and Alabama already upgraded theirs, Ole Miss and MSU are undergoing major overhauls with theirs, and UK and UF have plans over the next 1-2 years to add major improvements to theirs. USC already generally fall behind LSU's and Arkansas' stadiums for the best in the SEC, and our capacity is 6th behind Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, and Miss St.

We at least should keep an eye on what the other programs are doing, and maintain preliminary upgrade concepts for Founders to make sure we don't get caught with our pants down in the arms race of SEC college baseball....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:01 PM   #7
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1061017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Need to field a competitive team before we worry about adding more seats. Our attendance last year was pretty poor, rightfully so. But I'm all for any other renovations that keeps us competitive. Like Conway said, we're going to fall to the middle of the pack soon. But that's the price you pay when you're one of the first teams of a wave to make a major renovation/stadium builds.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:47 AM   #8
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth

Male

CockyCash: 5187
tcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot material

When the stadium was built Tanner mentioned that the finished product would allow room for future expansion if needed. There is plenty of room to add additional seating. However, the stadium is still one of the top ballparks in the nation in its current configuration. Might need to add more game day amenities, but a big expansion is probably not in the cards anytime soon.
tcmac08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #9
ElectricCock
Fear The Thumb, Clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200516
ElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot materialElectricCock is USC mascot material

Just like football, I don't think we'll need to worry about quantity of seats but instead quality of atmosphere. I'd hate to have a big ole stadium and have it look half full all the time.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:48 AM   #10
pick6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
pick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricCock View Post
Just like football, I don't think we'll need to worry about quantity of seats but instead quality of atmosphere. I'd hate to have a big ole stadium and have it look half full all the time.
Just like basketball, most of CLA could be used for warehouse space!
pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:23 AM   #11
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

We need people showing up to games before we start talking about adding more seats.

Because let's be brutally honest here. Most of the fans that were filling up the stadium in 2011, 2012, 2013 didn't bother stepping foot in the place prior to that ball landing in RF at 11:36 pm, June 29, 2010. And they were the first ones to jump ship when things started going down hill.

Last edited by USCBatgirl21; 01-10-2018 at 11:12 AM..
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #12
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
We need people showing up to games before we start talking about adding more seats.
Exactly.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #13
Cocky2001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5400
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Because let's be brutally honest here. Most of the fans that were filling up the stadium in 2011, 2012, 2013 didn't bother stepping foot in the place prior to that ball landing in RF at 11:36 pm, June 29, 2010. And they were the first ones to jump ship when things started going down hill.
Batgirl would know...and this bolded part of her comment above cannot be said about her.

So long as we are adding temp seats when we know they are needed, I don't see a 'quantity' change being made...now adding to the 'quality' should be something that we are doing a little here, a little there each year anyway.

Curiosity question...Where does the batchick live during the offseason?
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:28 AM   #14
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Batgirl would know...and this bolded part of her comment above cannot be said about her.

So long as we are adding temp seats when we know they are needed, I don't see a 'quantity' change being made...now adding to the 'quality' should be something that we are doing a little here, a little there each year anyway.

Curiosity question...Where does the batchick live during the offseason?
I have been back in Columbia since May 2016 after spending 13 years in The Lowcountry.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #15
sosfan812
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

Quote:

100% correct statement.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #16
gamecockox
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudlygamecockox is crowing loudly

Renovation does not always mean adding seats. Adding suites down the third base line would not necessarily add a large number to attendance figures but it would generate more revenue. There are other concepts, improvements, investments that would help build value in facility that would not center on simply adding seats and demonstrate our desire to have elite facilities. I just think a future plan or goal for the facility is wise. This planning does not imply immediate implementation but rather gives the program something to strive for and show the rest of the college baseball we are not standing pat!
gamecockox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #17
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockox View Post
Renovation does not always mean adding seats. Adding suites down the third base line would not necessarily add a large number to attendance figures but it would generate more revenue. There are other concepts, improvements, investments that would help build value in facility that would not center on simply adding seats and demonstrate our desire to have elite facilities. I just think a future plan or goal for the facility is wise. This planning does not imply immediate implementation but rather gives the program something to strive for and show the rest of the college baseball we are not standing pat!
But we're not filling the suites we have now. More games than not, we have quite a few of them empty.

We are still one of the top ballparks in the Nation. Amenities will be addressed as needed (we have a future plan for the ballpark, but as with any ballpark it greatly depends on butts in the seats and the product on the field), before any mention of adding seats/suites is addressed because, again, it's just not what is needed at this time.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:54 AM   #18
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

We improved the player's lounge last year . That was more important than adding seats . There's been some talk about replacing the scoreboard after this season . I hope that comes to pass . Kingston wanted to come in and spend a little time here before he started asking for enhancements .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #19
TaySC
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Seats definitely don't need to be added at this point. I would do some continual upkeep and minor upgrades as needed though.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #20
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Any Wi-Fi available in the stadium?

If not, that would be a good place to start. Not sure what the price tag for that would be, though.

Last edited by Y Formation; 01-12-2018 at 06:55 PM..
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote