CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky > NCAA Football

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
TaySC
tcmac08
GamecockTaylor
SwampFox
Order 66
gotrice?
Lee Roy
PalmettoCockZ71
rabid cock
**GAME #3 USC (5-2) (1930)
**USC Women (23-4) v (1337)
Muschamp surprises t (1275)
Spring preview: Offe (462)
Baby snakes in Bi-Lo (381)
Spring Game under Mu (370)
Williams Brice press (305)
2019 - Jaden Gibbs (271)
2018 - Rashad Cheney (269)
Bill Paxton Dead at (197)
2018 - Stephon Wynn
2018 - Darius Rush
Junior Day - 2/25/17
2017 Daytona 500
YardCock Baseball (5-3)
2018 - Xavier Thomas
Williams Brice pressbox
Need 2 For Sunday Clemson
**USC Women (23-4) vs. Ke
**GAME #3 USC (5-2) vs. W

Old 07-15-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default New NCAA 14 O.D (PS3 7-15-2016)

I would like to start an All SEC O.D, but am willing to try something else if we get enough people to start an O.D. I'm using the most current 2016-2017 rosters. In offline dynasties they are pretty accurate. Midway thru the season Deshaun Watson is the heisman favorite, Clemson is #2. Ohio State, Alabama, and Tennessee, and Michigan round out the top 5 with Oklahoma at 6. Very close to the 2015 playoffs. I'm using some sliders from Operation Sports and they are really good other than a few tweaks I had to adjust. Makes the option less overpowered, making the run game a little more challenging but not impossible. The stats still reflect realistically at the end of the game. It is easier to get pressure on the QB when you're controlling a DLinemen, but it's just right. Q.Lewis leads the defense is sacks thru the midway point of the season with 5. Not bad. This game doesn't feel like it did when it came out. The sliders rosters, and new commentary have made it fun to play again for me.

Anyway. my username is: Poptart_Pete
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
gamecockfan
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5000000
gamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPitgamecockfan rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfan
Default Re: New NCAA 14 O.D (PS3 7-15-2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
I would like to start an All SEC O.D, but am willing to try something else if we get enough people to start an O.D. I'm using the most current 2016-2017 rosters. In offline dynasties they are pretty accurate. Midway thru the season Deshaun Watson is the heisman favorite, Clemson is #2. Ohio State, Alabama, and Tennessee, and Michigan round out the top 5 with Oklahoma at 6. Very close to the 2015 playoffs. I'm using some sliders from Operation Sports and they are really good other than a few tweaks I had to adjust. Makes the option less overpowered, making the run game a little more challenging but not impossible. The stats still reflect realistically at the end of the game. It is easier to get pressure on the QB when you're controlling a DLinemen, but it's just right. Q.Lewis leads the defense is sacks thru the midway point of the season with 5. Not bad. This game doesn't feel like it did when it came out. The sliders rosters, and new commentary have made it fun to play again for me.

Anyway. my username is: Poptart_Pete
Could you provide us with the Sliders?
Old 07-15-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfan View Post
Could you provide us with the Sliders?
Sure thing. These were taken from Operation Sports with very small adjustments to QB Accuracy, RB ability, and pass blocking. These sliders take away that annoying thing that always happens when you throw to a TE/WR in the flats and their momentum takes them out of bounds. I use to hate that. Now it works to where they can catch it in the flats and turn up field. This is using Heisman mode. Also here are some adjustments to gameplay as well. It makes the penalties realistic too.

User/CPU
QB Accuracy - 20-25/10-15
Pass Blocking - 5-10/40-45
WR Catching - 5-10/40
RB Ability – 20-25/80
Run Blocking – 5/35
Pass Coverage – 40/30
Interceptions - 40/40
Rush Defense – 60-65/85-90
Tackling – 35/25
FG Power – 40/40
FG Accuracy – 0/50
Punt Power – 45/45
Punt Accuracy – 0/40
Kickoff Power – (broken slider, no need to adjust)

QB Accuracy: 20/15
At 20 for the USER & 15 for the CPU it provides the right amount of accuracy as well as some “off” target throws. I noticed QB inaccuracy (for both the the USER & CPU) usually while the QB is under pressure or on the run, as it should be…This allowed for some awesome completion percentages (between 50% & high 60s), while still allowing the QB ratings to play a role in their performances. With the change to 20 for the USER, you will have to direct your passes more using the Left Stick, otherwise your throws will sail to high, in front, or behind the receiver. Not all the time, but being under pressure, on the run, or in tight spots, you have to be very mindful of when & where to throw.

Pass Blocking: 5/45
- At 5 for the USER, it allows the true ratings of the OL to play, and no suction or game assisted “glue blocking”. It provides enough time for the USER to sit in a pocket until having to scramble or let go of the football. Again, depending on the ratings of the OL will depend on how much time you’ll actually have. Yes it’s a challenge, but its not extreme. I noticed while playing my Dynasty w/ Kentucky in the SEC, how this creates the separation of powerhouse teams & mid majors in the trenches…this was super fun!!...
- At 45 for the CPU, it provides pocket time for their QBs, the CPU play to develop, and limits an overwhelming amount of sacks for your DL...unless you have Beats in the trenches.. If you like to play on the DL while you’re on defense, you’ll really have to put in work throughout the game to get your hand on the QB.

WR Catching:
5-10/40
- At 5-10 for the USER, You will make some drops too. Its happens in football.. Ratings are for a reason, and your receivers will rely purely on them… as well as your skills too. This added another layer to the skill level of having a successful pass & catch attack. I noticed there were less drops for higher rated receivers & upperclassmen. I honestly did not have many wide open drops throughout my season, but a few. Mainly drops in traffic, & jump balls. It sounds low but all the other sliders balance this out.

- At 40 for the CPU, this was perfect. They made some great catches on me, and also dropped passes at least 2-3 times a game, ranging from the RBs FBs TEs & WRs. It also balanced out the QB completion % throughout the game, which was fun to watch. Anything less resulted in too many wide open drops. Set higher, & you won’t notice many drops from the CPU.

RB Ability: 20-25/80

- At 20-25 for the USER..
- The RB agility is affected slightly, and you can really feel the weight of the runner more. Some of your cuts have to be well timed.
- The more they carry the ball, the more their momentum picks up. Sometimes, they start the game with a good burst off the snap & then trail off a bit of the momentum as fatigue begins to weigh in. Again, It also depends on the ratings of your RB & the defense you’re facing.
- You’ll really have to follow the blocks, make the right reads, stiff arm & lower your shoulder. My RB's average 4-5 YPC which is fairly realistic.

- At 80 for the CPU, it affects the ball carrier’s awareness & IQ, more so than their tackle breaking ability. They run very smart off of their blocks, are aware of angles & holes, make great moves, & are aware of out of bounds. They break tackles, but ironically not as many tackles as you’d think. **Since the USER Rush Defense slider is set at 100 (which I’ll explain in a few) it balances out the CPU’s RB skill level. Your defense will also be smart & aggressive at pursuing the ball runner. Along with the USER tackle on 25, it still provides the CPU ball carrier opportunities to break tackles & break long runs…as well as opportunities for your defense to swarm the ball carrier, and make big hits & gang tackles.

**FYI: a RB Ability setting of 20-25, with the game speed set at NORMAL also fixes toss/pitch plays to run seamlessly for the USER. You know how sometimes, soon as your RB catches the pitch and you hit turbo, he stops or hesitates for split second, stopping his momentum? Totally messin’ up the whole purpose of a toss play??...THATS GONE now

Run Blocking:
5/35

- At 5 for the USER, your OL’s player ratings make the difference, nothing else. They create running lanes that open & close just like real life. They don’t stupidly miss many blocks, and they still make great efforts to at least “meet the block”…then the ratings determine the outcome. So if your OL line is garbage, start recruiting!!
- At 35 for the CPU, this balanced out FOR ME, the challenge of stopping the run. Still allowing the CPU’s OL ratings to affect the game, but restricted my defense from being too overpowering on the pursuit…a balanced challenge.

**FYI: In addition to the Rush Defense & Tackle sliders, Kick Returns & Punt Return lanes are now played much more accurately! Its harder break long returns consistently. It’s exciting & a beauty to play with. You can now find holes on the returns through the middle lanes, which is an amazing feeling to play with. Its totally different, test it out…

Pass Coverage: 40/30

- At 40 for the USER, your DB’s are not psychic on defending routes, but they make breaks on the ball, play tight on DB’s (depending on the play call & player ratings) and at times still wind up getting beat deep, & on receiver cuts. Also, when setting your in-game Pass Coverage on Aggressive, Conservative or Balanced in game, you’ll see a substantial difference on their spacing on the receivers. Making it very tactical against a good passing assault. I made sure that this would make the pass game for the CPU is challenging, w/o too many picks or sacks for your defense, but generating more incompletions, jump balls, deflections, & inaccurate forced passes from the CPU. So D-UP
- At 30 Pass Coverage for the CPU, it provides the same effect against the USER trying to drive down the field. I honestly threw a lot of picks in my season due to poor decision-making, & forced/unnecessary passes. The balance of how often they’d get beat, break on the ball, go for the pick and reaction time was seamless throughout my entire 12 game campaign. They even made some nice diving pass breakups on my curl routes & across the middle. Even when I made a great throw, it was still rewarding putting the ball where it need to be, even though the defense broke up the pass. Felt very realistic! Lastly, the defensive line (depending on ratings) sometimes aggressively jumps to deflect the pass when your QB gets rid of the ball. So QB height makes a difference! And even when the pocket collapses, it’s a beauty to see. Try it out!

**FYI: With Off & Def Pass Interference set at 99 & 98 respectively, the WR/DB play is more aggressive. The USER/CPU’s WR will really stretch & dive for the catch, while the DB will stretch for the deflection or the pick. This penalty setting along w/ the Coverage setting balances a competitive WR/DB exchange throughout 4 full quarters. Have at it…

Interceptions: 40/40

At 40/40 established a good balance of dropped picks, as well as paying the price for bad throws. This slider, in addition to all the others, should give you a heightened awareness when throwing the ball. Esp in intense game scenarios. I lost too many games this way…This also applies to the CPU!

Rush Defense: 65/85

At 65/85, the defensive run game pursuit is awesome. Its not over-bearing, but gone are the prolonged “glue blocks”, running lanes that stay open for 2 seconds, and RB’s that break every tackle (even with RB ability set at 100). At 85 the CPU's defense will make the "read" as well as attack the ball carrier, instead of over-pursuing.Call the right play, and you’ll have a great opportunity to stop the run. Missed tackles are prevalent at times, giving you or the CPU a chance to break it wide open. So although your team’s run pursuit can insist a sure tackle, you can never be too sure. Trust me lol..Player Ratings still play a large factor in the outcomes. Lastly, it balanced out the run game stats & averages across the board very well (will show in box scores). At 65 for the USER, this allows the CPU to get some great numbers running the ball. You really have to play the holes and take the right pursuit angles to be successful stopping the run. This adjustment helped to give us more of a challenge against the CPU run game.

Tackling: 35-40/25

- At 35-40 for the USER, this setting still allows you to make consistent solid tackles on the CPU RB’s, even with the CPU’s RB Ability set at 100. Again, their RB ability provides them more awareness, more-so than their strength or tackle breaking abilities. But still lets them break adequate tackles as well. In addition to the Rush Defense slider, this makes for interesting play on the tackling system. More “gang tackles” are engaged to bring down the runner, and the physics engine really shines that way.
- At 25 for the CPU, it allows the Defense to also make consistent tackles on the ball against the USER. Its set at just the right spot to allow your RB’s to break sufficient tackles throughout the game.

**FYI: This rating also eliminates the “proximity tackle” or “magnet tackle”. You’ll have to press (X) or (Square) when close by, or hit stick the runner if you plan on bringing him down. Check it out…

FG Power: 40/45

At 40/45, those freak of nature super kickers are taken out of the game. 50 + yarders are still makeable field goals, mainly reserved for the best rated kickers. Numbers don’t lie, so for this slider I first did some research. For instance, one test I did was with Cincinnati’s Kicker (ovr 82, kpw 82, kac 84) with a pretty much average rating. His longest FG in his real life college career is 47 yards. So I adjusted the kicking power to test where he barely just makes it over the low post. & Sometimes he missed. Of course testing out this slider set with many other kickers of different ratings was needed too. Also factoring in weather & wind, can affect your kicks as well. It panned out to be the best fit across the board for both the USER & CPU.

FG Accuracy: 0/40

- At 0 for the USER, You rely totally on skill..nuff said
- At 40 for the CPU, depending on the kicker’s ratings, I saw some very natural misses & makes. Some that bounced of the post, some narrowly went it, or just wide misses. Very dynamic field goal kicking system set at 40, but not extreme.

Punt Power: 45/45

At 45, you get the right amount of bang for your buck. The same principles for FG Power applies to Punting power.

Punt Accuracy: 0/40

Same principles applies from FG Accuracy. For the CPU, they still made some great punts inside our 20/10 yd lines, & some erratic. Still was very dynamic & balanced.

-Penalty Sliders-

These penalty sliders generated between 1-4 penalties per game on both the CPU & USER's side. Ranging from false starts, holding, pass interference, clipping & illegal touching. Sometimes even up to 7 combined. Its diff every game, but its supposed to be. I ONLY used the penalty sliders as the final “Polish” toward the gameplay sliders I created. I felt that some such as Clipping, Int Grounding, & RTP don’t necessarily affect the gameplay much, that is if you have a solid gameplay slider set in stone…Remember player ratings are the main things determining the outcomes in this.

Off-sides: 75 – gives the DL somewhat an aggressive jump on the snap; 1-2 Offside calls per gm. **FYI: When the QB gives a fake snap, DL is prone to jump offsides more (USER & CPU). I felt that this complimented the USER & CPU Pass & Run Blocking fairly. Balanced with the false start slider, makes for some agressive line play.

False Start: 75 – gives the OL somewhat an aggressive jump on the snap; about 2-3 calls per gm. I felt that this complimented the USER & CPU Pass & Run Blocking fairly. You'll also see more pancake stats for your OL as well. Balanced with the offsides slider, makes for some agressive line play.

Holding: 80 – "Set at 80, its the 'break point' where you see less 'sticky' blocking and more of a fluid line interaction. It should play well with the false start and offsides settings."

Facemask: 54 – gives CPU & USER cpu more aggressive tackles, more fumbles & FM calls. Too high, and you’ll have an annoying amount of penalty calls.

Off Pass Interf: 100 – makes WR go after the catch aggressively, diving catches, and will basically “attack” the catch.

Def Pass Interf: 100 – makes the DB aggressively attack the spot of the catch, whether it’s a deflection, interception, or tackle on the receiver.

KR/PR Interf: 60 – Not too much to decipher with this setting, but I do notice Return Lanes are played more effectively. Could also have something to do with other sliders as well. If anyone else has info on how this slider affects their game, let us know.

Clipping: 50 – you’ll get a fair amount of clipping calls..this slider doesn’t affect this gameplay’s slider set.

Int Grounding
: 50 – among the other sliders, 50 is fine. Allows for the CPU QBs to get rid of the ball fast under pressure, as well as throwing the ball away at the right time. No extremities with this setting, only logic.

RTPasser: 50 – Leaving this here keeps the line play steady & unpredictable.

RTKicker: 35
– Allows the AI to "read" whats happening on the field, instead of attacking straight on. Balances out the Rush Defense slider.

Off/Def & User vs User Skill: Heisman
Injuries: On
Fatigue: OFF (FATIGUE OFF. The biggest going issue w/ these sliders last year was that the cpu would start off HOT in the first half, and then somewhat run out of gas in the second, allowing you to take advantage. I say, If you don't mind not having auto subs, turning fatigue OFF will result in the cpu giving you 4 full quarters

Quarter Length: 7 minutes
Play Clock: On
Game Speed: Normal
Player Min Threshold: 47
Home Field Advantage: On
Ice the Kicker: OFF

Theses Auto Subs are really great too.
These bring a natural approach to utilizing your personnel & keeping your players fresh throughout the game. You'll notice the difference esp in the 3rd & 4th quarters/OT. Based on stamina ratings, you'll see how this really plays a factor in games...I explain below, but keep in mind to adjust to your liking & your personnel...

QB Sub Out - 55
QB Sub In - 56
This keeps my Starting QB in the game at all times, which most teams usually need. Adjust to your liking.
RB Sub Out - 89 (84)
RB Sub In - 95 (90)
My Starting RB runs about 2-3 plays, based on how much yardage he gains, and then my 2nd string comes in. Kinda like a 3rd down back. Once the late 3rd qtr & 4th qtr begins, my 3rd string begins coming in for the 2nd string. As my starter becomes more winded. But they both stay evenly fresh. Also depends on their stamina rating..

WR Sub Out - 84
WR Sub In - 85
My starters can catch about 2-3 passes before they sub out for usually 1 play. On long catches, they usually sit out 1 play afterward as well.

FB/TE Sub Out - 84
FB/TE Sub In - 85
My TE's usually dont get too winded, by my 2nd string plays more in the 2nd half, which is a great boost to my passing game.

OL Sub Out - 65
OL Sub In - 70
My OL stays fresh, esp last quarter of the game

My defensive auto subs are at default. They're very good players & 11 out of 12 are seniors. So i let that

Since making these changes the game has been so enjoyable!
Old 07-15-2016, 07:54 PM   #4
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

I'm also using a custom playbook based on Kurt Roper's spread offense. A TE is employed in almost every formation. So you can stay in the no huddle and seamlessly audible between multiple formations. I took out all of the plays that don't really work so well and ones I just don't like. It allows me to have a ton of formations to go in and out of. and opened up some room for a few 2 TE sets and some pistol stuff. No under the center formations at all.